Lawnmower2021

ATF finalizes rules for Stabilizing Braces

11 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i still don't understand how the atf....or the epa in regards to pollution control.......has any authority to make rules(laws in disguise apparently). i thought that anything that was gonna have the power of law had to go through congress(or did i miss that part while sleeping in class?).

if this is the case, then any/all  laws rules made by them(or any of these alphabet agencies) are illegal, and need to be rescinded(is that the right word?) immediately.

This is what happens when congress is so inept that they cannot fathom the details to put into statutes. The temptation to break from the Constitution and delegate congress' power to an executive branch agency is too great to resist.

"Hey, they are the experts. How can we tell them how to do their job?" say the elected cretins who then claim it is not their fault, "the agency did it!" Well, how about it's your freaking job to tell them. If you can't do that, maybe you should never have put yourself up for election.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

i didn't click the link. his voice makes me wanna barf.

that said.....the atf(and other alphabet agancies like the epa) were major problemw long before this nutbag

13 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

This is what happens when congress is so inept that they cannot fathom the details to put into statutes. The temptation to break from the Constitution and delegate congress' power to an executive branch agency is too great to resist.

"Hey, they are the experts. How can we tell them how to do their job?" say the elected cretins who then claim it is not their fault, "the agency did it!" Well, how about it's your freaking job to tell them. If you can't do that, maybe you should never have put yourself up for election.

but that still doesn't answer how it's legal. or even allowed. neither side will touch this. why? if the independents and libertarians are so much better, then why don't they?

1 minute ago, FunGun said:

Can anyone tell me how to remove the brace on my Troy A4 Other?  I don’t see it in the manual.

Tec ops did a quick vid on you tube. You press the slide adjuster and just pull

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FunGun said:

Can anyone tell me how to remove the brace on my Troy A4 Other?  I don’t see it in the manual.

The brace has a lever on the bottom which you squeeze to adjust the position, right? When you squeeze one end upwards, the other end moves downwards. Just pull it farther down and it will be able to slide right off.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, H2oVento said:

Tec ops did a quick vid on you tube. You press the slide adjuster and just pull

37 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

The brace has a lever on the bottom which you squeeze to adjust the position, right? When you squeeze one end upwards, the other end moves downwards. Just pull it farther down and it will be able to slide right off.

Thanks.  I wasn’t pulling down the right thing.  It’s off now.

The unpublished order from the Fifth Circuit panel notes that the preliminary injunction requested by the plaintiffs is granted, but only “to the plaintiffs in this case”. For gun owners outside the Fifth Circuit’s jurisdiction of Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi, this order doesn’t change anything in the short term, and even most gun owners in those three states will likely still be subject to the ban, though the order could potentially apply to all FPC members in those states.

11 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Does anyone have the scoop on the best current guidance to remain compliant?

I think we were all hoping for a blanket injunction, but it’s getting pretty close now.

The ATF doesn't agree with their own director. He said just taking it off is sufficient. ATF says you have to make it so it cannot be put back on - destroy, dispose, whatever.

FPC has just secured an injunction - pending appeal - against the ATF's pistol brace rule. Already, we are being flooded with questions like "are FPC members covered under the injunction?"

Rest assured that our lawyers are seeking clarification from the court as we speak. And we will inform the Grassroots Army the second we know.

• Thanks 1

Maybe somebody can come up with an option that attaches to the shoulder and not the gun. A pad with a plastic insert that directs the end of the tube.

/

/

|

|

\

\

something like that. think of it round, like a funnel to direct/slide the end of the buffer tube into the center.

make is rainbow colored and see if they want to make that illegal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antimatter said:

So now we just cant remove it and keep them separate?  It has to e destroyed?

man my head hurts….

sounds that way. all the utubers are saying that. constructive possession........and it ain't looking like they're gonna stop this before it happens

• Sad 1

Although the topic of this next video has no immediate impact on the ATF case that is the topic of this thread, the lawyer at the Four Boxes Diner YouTube channel seems confident that a recent SCOTUS decision that smacked down the EPA is also likely to be leveraged against the ATF at some point. Long story short, the Supremes are telegraphing through the EPA finding that Fed'l agences have essentially GIVEN THEMSELVES AUTHORITY that they were never supposed to have, and they (the justices) are starting to smack that down! Very interesting video and worth a view IMO: 

SCOTUS DECISION JUST NOW: THE ATF IS IN BIG TROUBLE... - YouTube

• Informative 1

15 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Although the topic of this next video has no immediate impact on the ATF case that is the topic of this thread, the lawyer at the Four Boxes Diner YouTube channel seems confident that a recent SCOTUS decision that smacked down the EPA is also likely to be leveraged against the ATF at some point. Long story short, the Supremes are telegraphing through the EPA finding that Fed'l agences have essentially GIVEN THEMSELVES AUTHORITY that they were never supposed to have, and they (the justices) are starting to smack that down! Very interesting video and worth a view IMO: 

SCOTUS DECISION JUST NOW: THE ATF IS IN BIG TROUBLE... - YouTube

but it won't happen before you are all felons

image.png

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fifth-circuit-clarifies-that-its-injunction-against-atf-pistol-brace-rule-covers-fpc-s-members

Become a member:  https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Just enter your email address and Zip code in the middle of the page.  You do NOT need to click Join and donate at the top left - however it is very much recommended!

• Thanks 4

45 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

...however it is very much recommended!

I registered and gave them a nice one!

I had considered joining for sometime. This particular circumstance put me all in.

• Agree 1

They used to send out membership cards and I thought I re-registered back in Nov 22 when I made a couple donations but they never sent me a card. I am trying to determine if I am actually a member. I still get their emails but I am looking for something to prove it (and they never gave out membership numbers like NRA and GOA do). Waiting for a response from my phone call and email.

Also, ANJRPC just released this: https://www.anjrpc.org/page/PistolBraceWarning

4 hours ago, Xtors said:

They used to send out membership cards and I thought I re-registered back in Nov 22 when I made a couple donations but they never sent me a card. I am trying to determine if I am actually a member. I still get their emails but I am looking for something to prove it (and they never gave out membership numbers like NRA and GOA do). Waiting for a response from my phone call and email.

so kinda tough to prove......

4 hours ago, Xtors said:

I had the same concern as the last membership card they sent me says 2022.  I originally joined in July 2022 but also just made a donation ten days ago.  Low and behold, at 9:32 PM this evening I received an email from FPC stating the following.  So check your Inbox.

Arthur,

We're sending you this email in light of today's opinion regarding who is covered by the pistol brace injunction in FPC's case.

If you are receiving this email, you are an active member per our records and covered by the injunction.

Should you have any questions, please contact our customer support team at [email protected].

Also, please remember to encourage your friends and family to join as well at JoinFPC.org to be covered under the injunction.

Stay Free,

Firearms Policy Coalition