Tackleberry 03

NJ permit already purchased past 90 days

4 minutes ago, Tackleberry 03 said:

Sorry, maybe I was not clear I already have the gun in my possession. I am trying to download the paperwork that shows I own the weapon but it’s past 90 days is there anyway I can do that?

You have to ask the FFL you bought it from for a copy. 

7 minutes ago, Tackleberry 03 said:

Would they be able to give me one? 

Technically there is no reason they wouldn’t be able to, but the only way to find out for certain if yours will do it is to call them. 

If this is for PTC, you can also notarize a letter stating you own whatever said firearm you want to add to the permit. 

1 minute ago, chocodove said:

Technically there is no reason they wouldn’t be able to, but the only way to find out for certain if yours will do it is to call them. 

If this is for PTC, you can also notarize a letter stating you own whatever said firearm you want to add to the permit. 

Thank you for the info I will call tomorrow. 

29 minutes ago, Tackleberry 03 said:

The link in the email expired and my dumb ass didn’t print it out in time 

What I have been doing lately, is saving all my documents as PDFs on a computer, on a cloud drive, so I can access them no matter where I am.

Sorry reviving this topic.   Dumb question:  why is it important you have a doc that proves you bought/own the gun?  In what situation do you ever need to prove it’s YOUR gun?  As long as you know you procured it legally, and like you know the gun wasn’t used in a felony or whatever… why do you need to prove ownership? 

I don’t believe you need to prove ownership to sell it.  

On 1/31/2023 at 10:56 PM, Barms said:

Sorry reviving this topic.   Dumb question:  why is it important you have a doc that proves you bought/own the gun?  In what situation do you ever need to prove it’s YOUR gun?  As long as you know you procured it legally, and like you know the gun wasn’t used in a felony or whatever… why do you need to prove ownership? 

I don’t believe you need to prove ownership to sell it.  

Seeing how they want you to provide proof your gun is yours for a NJ carry permit, there's one. And I just read about one of the other dumbass states, I believe Illinois or Cali, recently tried to pass some BS requiring proof of ownership (prior to enactment of said BS) within 4 days, or they could sieze and/or destroy the gun(s). I don't recall specifics, but found the link somewhere on this forum.

okay.. i get it.. its the carry reason.. yes..  but prior to that i had recalled the tone of the board here was that for all the anti-gun stuff this state was pushing that at least if you posessed a gun in a legal way (home premises or to/from range) that if you got jammed up the first issue you'd have to deal with was NOT "do you own this gun?"..    because this state hated all guns, it didnt matter if you owned it or not.. it was the POSESSION that was the issue.