Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Well, don't remember if I ever joined in on this topik, but if so it was a very long time ago as I went back to Aug 14 and nothing. 

So here are part of mine, never got around to taking a photo of my AR 15 or 15A2 so the A1 & CAR 15 are the only ones in the photo. 

Since I live in part of gods country where we are trustworthy enuf to own full autos several of these are select fire. 

Sarge 

post-2449-0-96193400-1472281111_thumb.jpg

lUPFNDj.jpg

I call this the, "OMG where have you been all my life?!" build. It's my first with a 12.5" barrel and I can say for certainty that short of a client insisting on a 10.5 SBR or has a damn good reason why they need the extra 2" shorter, I'll be suggesting 12.5s going forward. It's so handy even with the can on. It's 1" longer than a 16" barreled upper with a full size can (pictured is a Mini/K size) so still very easy to get in and out of vehicles. This upper has a non-adjustable gas block but I'll be building more with adjustables per department request/spec.

• Like 1

Wow!

Can I have it?

I'm hoping this agency order comes through not because it's big money (after time to assemble and test fire, I'll make about $8/hr on the deal) but because I want these guys to have some gear they can go to war with if they needed. Small town Iowa isn't immune to shitbirds and we're seeing more organized crime elements such as Crips and Bloods. Right now, they're rolling with 7.5" Kitty Kat uppers (SMDH)...

• Like 1

my babies: 

BCM 14.5 LW Mutt - really light and compact package.  fast on target

RRA 20" SS 1/8 wylde Mutt - soon to be free floated and waiting on optics (usgi carry handle or MBUS for now).  love the feel of this one with the A2 buttstock.  RRA did a really great job on this upper.  Couldn't be happier with them

20161107_115821_zpsn6su0fhm.jpg

The eye relief is just fine with the A2 stock.  It worried me at first, but after playing around with the positioning on the aero ultralight mount, it works well.  At 1x, it's perfect when my eye is around 3"-3.5" away and then at 6x it's really nice and clear (barely any shadow) moving my cheek weld closer about 1/2". 

It'll take some time to get used to this compared to my LW 14.5 build which has an aimpoint on it.   

Overall, I love the 20" and the way it's set up and so far really digging the strike eagle.

I have an ADM Recon-X. If I could do it again, I would get a Recon-H.

After playing with a bunch of variable optics over the summer, I have discovered that mounts that place the center of the optic at 1.93".

I'm currently using it on a rifle with a Sully stock. Thinking about changing that to something else. One of the ideas I had was to use an A2.

What's that a 7.5 barrel??

Yup.. 

A2 hider

7.5in barrel

7in Noveske NSR

Noveske panels

KAC front grip (chopped down)

Arasaka light mount

Surefire M300 

Daniel Defense front sight

Magpul front sling mount

Laserlyte green laser (may bite the bullet one day and get a real laser but they are so stupid expensive)

S&W lower Cerakoted grey (need to redo the cerakote so I can get the NSR also)

Aim point Micro

Larue mount

Magpul 40 round mag

Magpul sling

Umbrella Corp grip

Magpul trigger guard

Geissel trigger

Troy BUIS 

Magpul rear sling mount

Vitor stock

After playing with a bunch of variable optics over the summer, I have discovered that mounts that place the center of the optic at 1.93".

I'm currently using it on a rifle with a Sully stock. Thinking about changing that to something else. One of the ideas I had was to use an A2.

you just need a colt cs stock

you just need a colt cs stock

post-7102-0-26374800-1480977497_thumb.jpg

Here are my 2 AR rifles. The top rifle I just bought on Black Friday, but I had been planning it for some time. It started as a stock S&W M&P Sport II NJ Compliant rifle. I added the Magpul SL handguard and grip, POF-USA 4.5 single stage trigger, PRI gasbuster charging handle, and the Burris MTAC 1-4x24 scope with Fastfire III on top with the P.E.P.R. mount (came as a package). I also put Buttler Creek tactical scope covers on it, since they do not interfere with the Fastfire. I will be getting a single point sling adapter for the buffer tube from Tactical Link, along with the Magpul QD adapter so I can convert to two-point with the Magpul MS4 sling. I will also move my Streamlight Protac Rail 2 mount light to this rifle from the other rifle and get the less powerful ProTac Rail Mount 1 that one (you will see why.) I will use a IWC SMC mount for the light. I have a couple of Hexmag 15/30 mags for it, will be getting some 10 round PMAGs for bench shooting as well. One day I would like to switch the stock to the Magpul Fixed Carbine stock, but I do not want to change the buffer tube as of yet, and I do not think I can use the one on the rifle. I like the way things turned out, the only thing I do not like is the amount of free play between the upper and lower on this one, very loose fit, I might add an accuwedge, but I am not worried about it. Haven't shot it yet, but I cannot wait to. 

The bottom rifle is 9mm. It started as a stripped Anderson lower. I assembled the lower with a parts kit from JoeBob's, a POF-USA 4.5 single stage trigger, and a UTG A2 stock. I am using a ProMag 9mm magazine well block along with Metalform 10 round magazines. The upper was preassembled from JSE (Wilson barrel, freefloat picatinny handguard, CMMG bolt)  but I had to get the RRA muzzle brake installed, it came with a flash hider. I also switched out the dustcover for a 9mm style with the shell deflector, and the charging handle with a PRI gasbuster. I removed the forward assist and installed a plug in its place. I am using Magpul MBUS sights with a Bushnell First Strike red dot on a riser for absolute co-witness. It currently has the Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 2 flashlight along with the pressure pad, but I will switch to a ProTac Rail Mount 1 on it as previously mentioned. I would like to upgrade the red dot to a Aimpoint at some point, but I don't know if my pockets are quite deep enough. This rifle was fun to plan out and build, and is a blast to shoot, I shoot it indoors all the time. I do not have many issues with it, even with the cheap magwell block. It is very accurate at 25yds, I haven't had the opportunity to stretch it out yet, but I am sure it will be good to at least 100yds. It is a good looking rifle, and gets attention when I take it out. 

20161213_082058_zpsuhxqasue.jpg

Aero upper                                                                        

BA 14.5" mid length bbl                                                   

VG6 Gamma EX pinned and welded                                

Vltor gas block / CMMG tube                                            

Aim Blk Nitride BCG 

BCM Mod 4 CH                                                        

SLR Ion Hybrid 13.7" handguard                                    

Magpul Mbus Pros                                                          

Aero Ambi lower                                                             

Larue MBT 2s                                                                  

Seekins ambi selector                                                      

Battle Steel ambi mag release                                          

Spikes rec. ext. kit                                        

Magpul K2 grip , FCS and trigger guard                          

• Like 1

my babies: 

BCM 14.5 LW Mutt - really light and compact package.  fast on target

RRA 20" SS 1/8 wylde Mutt - soon to be free floated and waiting on optics (usgi carry handle or MBUS for now).  love the feel of this one with the A2 buttstock.  RRA did a really great job on this upper.  Couldn't be happier with them

20161107_115821_zpsn6su0fhm.jpg

the a2 buttstock and 20 inch setup is my favorite.  Nothing feels as good in an AR.  I absolutely love them