Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

How's the eye relief with that A2 stock? If I'm not just right behind my Strike Eagle, I get a lot of shadow at 6x.

I use the A2 alot as it just fits, like a great pair of jeans:)  that said, the eye relief fine on the various scope/red dots I've been behind.  I'm surprised you are getting a shadow on the eagle.  Have you called vortex about it? 

Picked up this at Jersey Elite Manufacturing (JEM). Had the owner build it right in front of me which was fun to watch. Nice and friendly guy to work with when asking for certain things on the rifle.

This has a Distressed Cerakote 16" barrel with the hand guard all the way to the front.

Merry Christmas to me!

• Like 1

Finally free floated with a DD Omega 9 and now I'm toying around with an Acog TA33r-8 (the BAC concept on this optic is amazing) because my astigmatism is getting out of control...  super clear glass and I love the red chevron reticle.  debating whether or not to change out the stock TA60 mount to a larue LT105 or an ADM QD mount.

20161230_102922_zpsgmrlmjdt.jpg?t=148302

some small changes to my 20" RRA build.  Added a tango down A2 stock QD mount and replaced the standard ADM recon scope mount to the -H version for added height (thanks to HE for the suggestion).  The strike eagle has an MK Machining throw lever as well (best $20 spent - solid piece).

77c3ef40-7fc2-40a9-9a24-c9c3879297e0_zps

Both AR's running Larue MBT-2S triggers and Norgon ambi mag releases making them fully ambidextrous. 

• Like 1

Pretty cool.

What rail and brake is that on the Grendel?

This is my only one. Colt LE6920 with KAC RAS and B5 SOPMOD. When I had the compliance work done they put a YHM brake on it. Never had anything else to compare it to but it shoots harder then a friends AR. Not sure if the brake has anything to do with it.

4372b91affa04fae2ffadc21429487d0.jpg

• Like 1

Just slapped together to see how it looks. Need to get it head spaced and decide what optic I want to get for it.
I'm kinda impressed with the Matrix Arms hand guard for the money. I really like the slant look. 

PSA BCG-$70
AIMS upper-$70
low profile gas block & tube-$10 
Bear Creek barrel 1-7 14.5-$144
Anderson lower-$40
Anderson LPK- $47   
Anderson buffer tube-$35
Magpul stock-$40
Matrix Arms 11" freefloat keymode hand guard-$49
YHM muzzle brake-$74
$579 total
Added a phase 5 bolt release and Hyperfire EDT trigger for about another $150.

post-8373-0-83573900-1487882694_thumb.jpg

post-8373-0-29156000-1487882918_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Finished customizing my Windham Weaponry SRC

gallery_8747_114_62390.jpg

• Holosun HS515C
  • Magpul MBUS sites
  • Magpul MOE M-LOK Carbine length Hand Guard
  • Magpul M-LOK AFG Angled Fore Grip
  • Vickers sling
  • LimbSaver AR-15/M4 Snap-On Recoil Pad
  • Like 2

<p>

Finished customizing my Windham Weaponry SRC

gallery_8747_114_62390.jpg

• Holosun HS515C
  • Magpul MBUS sites
  • Magpul MOE M-LOK Carbine length Hand Guard
  • Magpul M-LOK AFG Angled Fore Grip
  • Vickers sling
  • LimbSaver AR-15/M4 Snap-On Recoil Pad

Not that I think it matters, but some might say a polymer front site in the gas block could melt it. Although I'm sure you or I would never shoot fast and long enough for it to happen.

Not that I think it matters, but some might say a polymer front site in the gas block could melt it. Although I'm sure you or I would never shoot fast and long enough for it to happen.

Magpul recommends not using their plastic sites on gas blocks. Their new metal ones, not so much a prob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm aware and have shot about 800 rounds without a problem. I do think I will be switching though so I won't have to worry about it.

Not as much total round count. But shoot multiple mags in succession and you'll heat up quick. I had my barrels hot enough to cook on. If you are not heating up barrels much, you might get away with it.

• Like 1

Yes 1000% understood it's about succession. At most I have shot 2 or 3 15 round mags in succession of those 800 total rounds and it's been OK.

Before I purchased the rifle I checked with Windham tech support and their response was "Also on an SRC I would recommend metal sights over the polymer ones if you are going to be doing a lot of rapid fire. If you are not going to be getting the rifle extremely hot then the polymer are fine."

So far that's been true but as I said, I think I will swap them out with iron anyway for peace of mind.

My first one...

Spikes Tactical 5.56

Vortex Sparc II

Atlas bipod

Just took delivery of my .300 AAC upper to put on the Spike's enhanced lower, I'll post some pics when it's complete.

Be safe gents!

post-6716-0-18273600-1492739108_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My first AR Build. Just finished my Lower. Upper dining soon !

Spikes Tactical Warthog billet lower, Spikes Tactical LPK, CMC 3.5 lb. trigger, Hera Arms CQR Buttstock, Magpul M2 15/20 pmag Magazine.

IMG_2896_zpsmwtoe6hd.jpg

And my S&W M&P 15-22 sport Performance Center

IMG_2839_zpsm73obzz8.jpg

zFazLuU.jpg

Rebarreled one of my 16" .223 guns in 20" .224 Predator.  It's a 6.5 Grendel necked down to .224.  It uses a Grendel bolt and mags but you can load the 75gr ELD-M to mag length which is something you couldn't do with the AMAX in an AR15.  That same bullet comes out of this barrel at over 3K fps and shoots like a laser.  Out to 400, it's about one mil of drop.  It also has basically zero recoil.  Now my problem is to find the right medium power variable optic for it.

• Like 1

Finally got my secondary ar to how I want it

Smith and Wesson m&p-15

Black rain bcg (NB) with dust cover

Bcm charging handle

Magpul sl handguard

Magpul fixed stock

Magpul extended butt pad

Vltor buffer tube

Spike T2 buffer

Magpul moe+ grip

Magpul bad lever

Dpms carry handle

Psa polished trigger

Magpul enhanced trigger guard

Yankee hill brake

8c7edfc204fc8471b7141ff1425a585c.jpg

7 hours ago, Shortfuse said:

AR Stoner 22 Nosler upper with Aero lower and a S&W M&P Sport upper with an Anderson lower and a nice old surplus A2 Stockphoto AR 3_zpsif7e18jd.jpg

Just wondering...How does that 22 Nosler shoot?  What twist and weight bullet are you pushing?