Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

1-8 Twist 18" Barrel I started with Nosler 62gr Varmigedons for Predator Hunting but very tight chamber and too much pressure was causing swiping across the headstamp so I started using 55gr reloads no more swiping this Caliber out performs the 223 in Speed, Range and Accuracy but if you don't reload it can get expensive to shoot at least until other manufacturers start making it. 

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

@MartyZ, someone kept their EOtech!  Well done sir.

I have two Eotechs.... I loved my Aimpoints.. and was always an Aimpoint fanboy.. but the dot looks like molten lava (I guess my eyes are screwed up).. I don't have that issue with Eotech.. so for me.. Eotech works a million times better.. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Schrödinger's cat said:

That looks awesome @vladtepes

@Pew Pew Plates Is that a carbon fiber handguard ? What upper and lower is that ?

Yep, it's a 15" Lancer handguard.  I love it!  It's the octagonal LCH5 reduced weight one.  The flat bottom is more stable shooting from a barricade.  The upper/lower is the 2A armament balios lite set.  The whole rifle unloaded with optic and empty magazine is 7.75 pounds, not bad for a 18" rifle set up.

• Like 1

I didn't like the Hera Arms fixed stock too much so I decided to change it. Went and got a  Magpul MOE SL pistol grip and Stock. Removed the Hera buttstock and replaced it with the Magpul stuff. Then pinned the stock myself. Also added a Magpul sling. Tomorrow I will be getting a UTG pro Quad Rail to replace the Current round rail.

With Hera Arms Stock

IMG_2895_zpstdpfxorp.jpg

With Magpul MOE SL furniture

8341F32E-B6E2-4F1E-9848-A14E01007692_zps

C44FE822-E3D2-4407-8009-3B578B75F5BA_zps

pinned stock

4825B646-D0E2-484F-AFD2-AF8D7D525EC6_zps

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

@TrentonShooter, I see you went with the Warthog from Sharps Bros.  I did too for my wife's build.  

Yes I wanted to go with the Jack from Sharps Bros but it wasn't available at that moment so went with the Warthog. The lower parts are almost all Spikes Tactical, except the buffer tube. Then the BCG and the muzzle brake are Spikes also

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

Where did you get the A1 Comp? I can't find one anywhere...

It's not an A1 comp.  BCM GF Mod-0 bought and installed at HGW.  I was set to have a Carlson's Mini Comp installed but saw Tom had the mod-0  on the shelf.  Tom has a NJSP letter saying the Mod-0 is legal.  Much better look than the Carlson's.

• Like 1