Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Nice Rifle. how is the 1-8 on a AR-15? I love my 1-8 but it's a tank, I have it on my AR10 because I felt it would be too big/heavy for my 5.56. For reference the Nightforce ATACR 1-8 is also a 34mm tube but weigh's half what the Trijicon does, but it's also double in price lol.  

Ha ha - yeah, I know - that Trijicon is a pig, for sure. The DDm4 with iron (polymer) sights was blissfully light when I got it. All that went out the window with the Trijicon. That being said, the AR is a range-toy, so I don't worry about the added weight. I do love the 1-8x optic, though. I have a Burris 536 fixed at 5x on my other and I was surprised how much another 3x helped at 100 yds and out.

Took me a year to get it done but I finally finished the latest toy. 

Cobalt Kinetics stock, upper, lower, hand guard, muzzle brake, pistol grip, gas block and their pro buffer system. 

Aero Precision Ultra Light Mount

KNS trigger pins

Lantac Precision take down pins

Elftman 3 gun trigger

Strike Industries dust cover

VooDoo gas rifle length gas tube

Radian Weapons ambi safety selector

Odin Works mag release

Faxon Firearms 18" 1-8 twist .223 wylde flame fluted barrel

Toolcraft nickel boron BCG

Radian Rapton charging handle

Primary Arms 1-8X24 ACSS scope

Battleworn titanium-Battleworn crimson cerakote done by Blown Deadline

image.thumb.png.5843067afdfe279258d03d819b25a90a.pngimage.thumb.png.159e81c951cb2e72ae0d67c525ce434f.pngimage.thumb.png.055890c67514d9681eff68264aecdbfd.pngimage.thumb.png.a63cce864544a7613d0e13c2858035f3.pngimage.thumb.png.f475ed9cf8a1162c7379177ba7f59b76.png

• Like 5

This one started life as a Colt Match Target 6400. 

The rifle resides on the ranch in Texas, and has now been ‘de-banned’, with a real collapsible stock. ALG ACT trigger.  The upper was worked over by Ken Ellison at SAW as the Colt/SAW 6944-SE and has his 14.5-16 package on it. OAL barrel length with the flash suppressor is 16.045”. It also has his reliability package on the upper and BCG. 

Optic is a TA-31RCO M4 ACOG on a Larue Mount. 

Magpul sling. 

http://www.specializedarmament.com/14-five-16-barrel

I sighted it in today, it’s lovely! 

51C4E93C-71AB-4055-B46D-89AFC5BFAE14.jpeg

• Like 3

I didn’t know they made 15” drop in’s.....is that for Carbine length gas system or Mid length?

i know Daniel defense just came out with the Omega which is a drop in and also converts to a free float barrel, but it’s only 6” long, the cool part is it has an extra inch of pic rail that goes over the delta ring to be continuous with the upper receiver

6 minutes ago, Rufio.Weaponworks said:

I didn’t know they made 15” drop in’s.....is that for Carbine length gas system or Mid length?

i know Daniel defense just came out with the Omega which is a drop in and also converts to a free float barrel, but it’s only 6” long, the cool part is it has an extra inch of pic rail that goes over the delta ring to be continuous with the upper receiver

Carbine.  

24 minutes ago, Rufio.Weaponworks said:

That’s what i’m told too, has to be one of the 3 approved....but doesn’t the states law about “substantially identical” play a role here?

I'm sure I could send one in and have it approved, but I don't have a manufacturer's license. My guess is whoever is telling these FFLs that it has to be a "complete firearm" is doing so to prevent firearm owners from assembling their own for 2 reasons:

1. It allows the NJSP to track who owns them through the FFLs' books should there be a reversal of opinion.

2. Confiscate, confiscate, confiscate. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I'm sure I could send one in and have it approved, but I don't have a manufacturer's license. My guess is whoever is telling these FFLs that it has to be a "complete firearm" is doing so to prevent firearm owners from assembling their own for 2 reasons:

1. It allows the NJSP to track who owns them through the FFLs' books should there be a reversal of opinion.

2. Confiscate, confiscate, confiscate. 

That isn’t stopping you from buying a stripped lower and building one of your own. 

18 minutes ago, Rufio.Weaponworks said:

That isn’t stopping you from buying a stripped lower and building one of your own. 

Except for Constructive procession of parts required to assemble an “assault weapon” and our laws governing manufacturing of a firearm in this state is very different than other. No 80% here they’re illegal etc. 

53 minutes ago, Rufio.Weaponworks said:

But it would be building a “non NFA firearm” not an assault weapon, correct? 

Idk man this shit gets deep real quick especially with our vague laws. I really want to build one, but rather not be the test case. Waiting on MM to release it rather support a NJ company close to home. 

1 hour ago, Rufio.Weaponworks said:

A bunch of people on the NJGuns subreddit already have, one claims he shoots at Cherry Ridge often with it

I believe you, but I’m not a rich man. I rather be like here NJSP approval of this weapon. Than I made it it’s legal because of XYZ.