Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

On 6/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, shooter28 said:

Looks awesome. Whats the OAL? How do you like the holosun? Is that the 510?

26.5" I took the fixed off and replaced it with the collapsible... Should be the same I believe.
Love the Holosun, yes a 510. Out of everything I use, including Aimpoint, etc. It is the easiest on my eyes. Astigmatism sux. But this is barely noticeable. It also has some cool features like auto off, solar power and optional reticle settings. Got great reviews.

Some KAC goodness. SR25 EMC. This is a one of one. This isnt one of the service turn ins. It is allegedly the ONLY EMC to leave the factory as a new rifle in this color(that didnt go to the military). Running a USO 1-8 in a custom mount. It is an amazing rifle. If the apocalypse descended upon us and I could only grab 1 rifle, this would be it! 

20150823_182710.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've had it with Jersey politicians and can't wait to escape this hell hole as fast as I can.  I recently configured a "NJ compliant" Stag 15 M4 ORC with a Rise Armament 140 trigger assembly, TG 1-6x30 scope, and Trinity BUIS.  Just realized I can't even take it 3 miles to the NY border and shoot at a bud's range because it's NY illegal.  I need to git back to sweet home Texas ASAP.

20190607_131143.jpg

• Like 1

Just finished another AR build

Specs:
Aero Precision receivers
Larue MBT and grip
SOLGW lower parts kit
SLR Ion handguard, linear comp & handstop ( shout out to @remixer for the cleanest pin& weld I have ever seen!)
14.5" Faxon Gunner barrel
Arisaka 600 Series light w/ E2ST head and Inline mount
Cloud Defensive LCS

48453520286_54ca1a5586_b.jpg

48453674987_e19417a8ac_b.jpg

48453675177_44d39a2853_b.jpg

9 hours ago, shooter28 said:

Just finished another AR build

Specs:
Aero Precision receivers
Larue MBT and grip
SOLGW lower parts kit
SLR Ion handguard, linear comp & handstop ( shout out to @remixer for the cleanest pin& weld I have ever seen!)
14.5" Faxon Gunner barrel
Arisaka 600 Series light w/ E2ST head and Inline mount
Cloud Defensive LCS

Looks good man.  Whats the length on that Ion handguard?

I picked up a new optic a  PA 2.5 fixed ACSS  scope for my 7.62 AR.  And the front sight post in the view was driving me nuts.

So I chopped it off. And installed a troy alfa rail. The before pic is on page 97.  

SAM_0496.jpg

7 hours ago, silverado427 said:

I picked up a new optic a  PA 2.5 fixed ACSS  scope for my 7.62 AR.  And the front sight post in the view was driving me nuts.

So I chopped it off. And installed a troy alfa rail. The before pic is on page 97.  

SAM_0496.jpg

Nice! Those Alpha tubes are great for free floating the handguard without having to cut the muzzle device and removing the gas block.

Arisaka: https://arisakadefense.com/products/inline-scout-mount-troy-vtac-alpha

and

Arson Machine Company: https://arsonmachine.com/product/troy-light-mount/

make great light mounts specifically for The Alpha tubes if you are looking.

Also the Troy Squid grips are worth the minimal investment. That tube can eat your hands up.

• Informative 1

Double vision. The upper with the red dot is a  build

Spikes Crusader stripped upper with a spikes upper parts,   A Green mountain 16" CL 7.62 x 39 carbine barrel.

Toolcraft nitrited  BCG , Spikes micro gas block and gas tube  Troy 13" alfa rail and a VG6  Gamma 7.62 brake.

BCm mod 3 B CH  Magpul VG and a PA red dot W/ vortex  co witness riser.. And it might be for sale.

SAM_0511.jpg

QrtwGak.jpg

She's changed a bit in the last couple years. Just wanted to give you all an update. 

No photo description available.

Added ambi mag release, ambi safety, extended bolt catch, takedown pins, enhanced forward assist, all by Strike Industries and many of them in red. Absolutely love their products. I will be using their products for future builds. 

I still need a new trigger guard. Will be going with the red Strike Industries one. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/22/2019 at 8:29 AM, bhunted said:

IMG_8270.jpg

I was just about to start asking if AR pistols were legal because I was looking at this EXACT model. I guess this answers my question! lol How do you like it? It looks like a blast to shoot.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

I was just about to start asking if AR pistols were legal because I was looking at this EXACT model. I guess this answers my question! lol How do you like it? It looks like a blast to shoot.

Careful. He lives in PA, not NJ. That pistol would not be legal in NJ

On 1/30/2020 at 8:10 AM, Displaced Texan said:

Recent build...Colt 6944 upper on a Zev lower. TA-01-NSN ACOG. Magpul sling. 

Backup rifle to my primary. 

5E2519A9-4021-4E68-BEE6-307FB819DF5D.jpeg

What is that set screw for on the upper right bellow the QD mount.

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

What is that set screw for on the upper right bellow the QD mount.

The Colt monolithic uppers have a hardened steel key insert in that location to prevent wear on the inside of the upper. 

15 hours ago, Spawne32 said:

Awesome.... fun, etc.. It's my HD rifle right now as well as others..