Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

This is my Stag model 2L. Real basic as I don't have the funds to upgrade it.

I want to get a EOTech red dot with the 3X magnifier but that's expensive. Other than that, she's going to look pretty much stock. I have added a hogue grip (updated photo coming tomorrow) which feels so much better than the hard plastic grip that came with it.

IMG_1661.jpg

• Like 4

Nice Caine, i like all the rails. Do you have the rail covers?

Chad, permanantly welded, how do you load the rifle?

I don't load the rifle, I load the magazine.

The bottom plate on the magazine is welded shut with a block inside which will only allow 15 rounds max to be loaded into the magazine. Which according to the Firearms Unit of the State Police is perfectly acceptable and considered Permanent.

It is not welded to the rifle, it is welded to itself.

Nice Caine, i like all the rails. Do you have the rail covers?

Chad, permanantly welded, how do you load the rifle?

I don't load the rifle, I load the magazine.

The bottom plate on the magazine is welded shut with a block inside which will only allow 15 rounds max to be loaded into the magazine. Which according to the Firearms Unit of the State Police is perfectly acceptable and considered Permanent.

It is not welded to the rifle, it is welded to itself.

Oh, I thought you meant the magazine is welded in place. So you can still switch mags from 5 to 10 to 15 if you wanted to.

• Like 1

I have the Hogue grip on my Busmaster, big difference. I have the EOTech 512 with the Aimpoint 3x magnifier added.

Then you must post pics TJ, that is what this thread is all about! :mrgreen:

and tinyboy, too!

• Like 1

My Bushmaster M4 model number PCWA3X_14M4IZ

MGI D-Ring

Ergo Sure Grip Tactical Deluxe

Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake

GG&G-1297 GG&G Tactical Modular Bolt On Flip Up Front Sight Gas Block

GG&G-1005-SA A2 Spring Actuated BUIS

LaRue Tactical SPR-E scope mount

Weaver Classic Extreme 1.5-4.5x24mm scope

Butler Creek scope caps

15 round Magpul PMags

CIMG5092.jpg

mjsemtex,

Nice rifle ! I'm doing my first build and would like to know what you've got there. What type of barrel, comp,free float tube, gas block, and sights ?

barrel: noveske 16.1" recon 5.56mm (with their own lo-profile gas block)

muzzle device: PWS FSC556 (pinned / welded)

forearm: yankee hill customizeable free float forearms system (rifle length)

sights: yankee hill forearm mounted front fixed sight / solid A2 rear sight

upper: vltor mur-1a

lower: sabre defence XR-15

trigger / parts kit: RRA 2-stage NM, KNS non-rotational pins, RRA parts kit

grip: magpul MIAD

buttstock: defensive edge sully stock

Very nice. I had wanted to do a mid-length gas system.

not that you can tell from the pic but, this barrel is a mid-length gas system.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=b-16-556&cat=17&page=1&search=&since=&status=

my original intent was a sort of 'dissipator' setup with the longer (rifle length) sight radius combined with the 16" barrel.

Actually, I did know. I checked out that barrel before. I must say that your rifle is the nicest looking I've seen. I don't really like the carbine handguards with what looks like a mile of barrel coming out of it.

Just researched and found that the Bushmaster Dissipator is not even a mid-length gas system. It's got a carbine length gas system and block under the full length hand guard and the front sight is just a sight, not a gas block. Go figure.

Really like the YHM stuff as well. Do you have the end cap on the free float tube ?

Actually, I did know. I checked out that barrel before. I must say that your rifle is the nicest looking I've seen. I don't really like the carbine handguards with what looks like a mile of barrel coming out of it.

thanks a lot. and i do like being able to extend my grip way out to the end of the handguard on this setup. the solid sully stock balances the extra weight nicely (not that any of it is terribly heavy).

Really like the YHM stuff as well. Do you have the end cap on the free float tube ?

yeah, they make some nice (and very reasonably priced) components. i don't have the cap at the moment, i might pick one up in the future. i did notice some warmth on that tube after a few mags but i don't think the cap would make that any worse and it's not often i go dumping mags.

Every time I see a Sully stock I kick myself for not building another AR to put one on already :oops: Nice lookin AR, Tosser

kick yourself again...

Dam you! :lol: I'm waiting on custom engraved lower that should be here in about a month, and then I'll finally have something to put my sully on. Awesome AR tho. The more I see builds with those types of free float tubes, the more I like them! Nicely done!

Not a complete AR yet... but I finally installed my Sully stock! Lower is a custom Mega lower that was part of a group buy on another forum I'm on. Internals are a CMMG LPK with a Magpul trigger guard and a Magpul MIAD.

DSC_2193a.jpg

DSC_2198a.jpg

And what makes this a little different... (yes, it's still semi-auto - selector doesn't go past "undead")

DSC_2197a.jpg

DSC_2201a.jpg

It will probably end up with a BCM Mid-length upper... but we'll see.