Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

I made a few changes; Hogue free float tube, Nc star scope, Harris bi-pod bolted to my free float tube, and DPMS Panther-Style Pistol Grip.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen a Hogue AR handguard... didn't even know they made them. Definitely a unique AR

Thanks it's kinda ugly now I think. Trying to get a bull barrel and a better handguard, this one transfers most of the heat to your hands after a long day shooting.

Rather our hands then the barrel retaining the heat? Haha. Mine does the same thing (and they cost a leg), I just wear a glove (or should).

That really is a unique looking AR though-- good stuff.

closet-1.jpg

My rifle collection so far.

From left top to bottom

PS90 (so far, I can't settle for any red dots/optics.)

FS2000 (My favorite, it gets my favorite optics Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x6 5.56mm calibrated)

LWRC M6A2 5.56mm

LWRC M6A3 6.8spc

From right top to bottom

Bushmaster ACR basic (no barrel, its out to get NJ brake job)

WASR (tried everything. put on different wood furniture, polymer w/ picatinny, all sorts of optics but none of them worked. AK47 variant just won't work with NJ bs.)

Socom II w/ JAE-100 G2 stock (Nightforce NSX 2.5-10x32 zero stop)

All magazines are 15rd perm fixed except WASR (10rd) Would love to find 30rd that is perm fixed 15rd.

1911.jpg

My 1911s.

Springfield Operator on top

Wilson Combat on bottom

great choices.... where did you find that elcan? :icon_mrgreen:

I bought it from http://www.botachtactical.com/

I buy lots of stuff from them. They are lot cheaper than other online stores. Only problem with them is that they are hit and miss all the time. Sometimes, I order and they ship same day or next day. Other times, you don't hear from them for weeks until you finally get in touch with them and find out item is in backorder. Best to call them first and then order.

closet-1.jpg

My rifle collection so far.

From left top to bottom

PS90 (so far, I can't settle for any red dots/optics.)

FS2000 (My favorite, it gets my favorite optics Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x6 5.56mm calibrated)

LWRC M6A2 5.56mm

LWRC M6A3 6.8spc

From right top to bottom

Bushmaster ACR basic (no barrel, its out to get NJ brake job)

WASR (tried everything. put on different wood furniture, polymer w/ picatinny, all sorts of optics but none of them worked. AK47 variant just won't work with NJ bs.)

Socom II w/ JAE-100 G2 stock (Nightforce NSX 2.5-10x32 zero stop)

All magazines are 15rd perm fixed except WASR (10rd) Would love to find 30rd that is perm fixed 15rd.

1911.jpg

My 1911s.

Springfield Operator on top

Wilson Combat on bottom

Nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

Very, very nice AGFL. Looks like Shane might not be the hottest commodity for when the zombies come anymore :lol:

Seriously though, very nice. I really like the set up of that room too (not going to start the 'safe room' discussion in this thread).

AGFL, what made you go ACR over SCAR given your obvious pref for FN's :)

Scar16 and 17 gives me orga**s!!! But I don't think I could forgive myself for pinning their stocks. I played with my buddy's Scars and I think it has one of the most functional stocks. I will wait till I move to a gun friendly state...

Ha, that was the same reason why I didn't want to seriously pursue a SCAR, AGFL. VLTOR has a stock-adapter-mod made for SCARs, but there hasn't been any word on it since SHOT 2010. I figured if that came into production, I would consider a SCAR (if I was still in NJ at that point). Check it out in this M4C thread: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=45909 (five pics down).

Ha, that was the same reason why I didn't want to seriously pursue a SCAR, AGFL. VLTOR has a stock-adapter-mod made for SCARs, but there hasn't been any word on it since SHOT 2010. I figured if that came into production, I would consider a SCAR (if I was still in NJ at that point). Check it out in this M4C thread: http://www.m4carbine...ead.php?t=45909 (five pics down).

thanks for the info but I don't think Vltor on Scar works for me. For me, guns are 49% quality and 51% aesthetics. But when it comes down to making final purchase, it's 99% aesthetics and 1% rest... If gun costs 2k or more, quality isn't questionable anymore (hopefully). I know it sounds stupid but reason I got into gun collection is because I think guns look cool! It's all about cool factor for me. Way I see it, guns are not for self protection or WW3 or anything like that. You will get crucified for shooting someone in NJ, even in your home, protecting yourself... If someone threatens me in my home, most likely I will use non-lethal means of protection so I won't have to suffer through agony of aftermath. As for really in need of combat rifles? Unless, society as we know of crash down, I don't think I will need them. But why do I spend tons of money buying them? it's like any other hobby!!! it is just a hobby but very expensive and addictive hobby. But I'm happy so it is all good.

Wow, serious money closet for sure! Lots of nice looking rifles, i like the bi-tone look of them, very classy. The WASR looks like a peasant among kings hung up on the wall with the rest of them though. ;)

Did you try the Ultimak gas tube rail? General consensus seems to be that they are the way to go as far as getting an optic onto an AK

(maybe I'm reading what you wrote incorrectly and the problem wasn't mounting an optic but the general characteristics of an AK)

Very nice collection btw!

I think Im more in the 98% function, 2% looks catagory :) I dont care about pinning the **** outta a SCAR stock, if I move, Ill buy another stock.

I'm pretty sure 99% of gun owners agree with you. Even I agree with you. But... I'm a superficial type of guy...

Wow, serious money closet for sure! Lots of nice looking rifles, i like the bi-tone look of them, very classy. The WASR looks like a peasant among kings hung up on the wall with the rest of them though. ;)

I really like way AK47 looks. I tried adding rails w/ optics, lights, lasers, etc. changing out furnitures but I think AK47 looks best when it looks classic with wood furniture and plain. Only other look I would go for is Underfolding stock with quad rails but that has to wait till I move to another state.

Did you try the Ultimak gas tube rail? General consensus seems to be that they are the way to go as far as getting an optic onto an AK

(maybe I'm reading what you wrote incorrectly and the problem wasn't mounting an optic but the general characteristics of an AK)

Very nice collection btw!

Not that I had issue mounting optics on rails, but it's more of issue with looks for me. When I put on rails on gas tube, wood stock and wood pistol grip just didn't go together with rail look. I tried few ar15 type stocks but it just didn't look AK47 anymore.

Here's some pictures of me in a previous life. I blacked out portions that give positive identity of me or my unit (not that I don't trust you guys, I just don't trust the internet). Plus, its not about me, its about the M16 in the pictures :icon_e_smile:. This is with MILES gear during a short FTX.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg