Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

vera's latest incarnation

vera.jpg

vera2.jpg

new parts are a used comp M2, 150 mount, vtac light mount with G2 LED. LMT BUIS, BAD lever. painted the VFG and stock with krylon urban sand, then went over with scotch brite to give a weathered look. debating on whether or not to take the foam off and wrap with beige para cord.

wrap2.jpg

wrap.jpg

wrap3.jpg

I did this to my old M&P 15.. but you can actually make the knot disappear..

just start out with a long loop under the part you are gonna wrap.. and then when you tie it off on the end just tug the knot under the wrapping... then cut and burn the tail..

dsc0035lhq.jpg

Ok, Me now part of the club! :icon_mrgreen:

img00534201011221857.jpg

Rock River Arms Lar-15 Operator2

Elite-mid system

Flip front sight

RRA Dom2 rear sight W/ mount rail for eotech

2-stage trigger

perm. attached rra muzzle break

Operator fixed stock w/ battery compartment

Ergo sure grip

1:9 chrome molly

chrome bolt carrier

I ordered through Pete over at ar15sales.com nice guy to do business with great price on a gun that was already on sale too.

Saving up for an aimpoint or eotech now.. The rear sight is actually set up for co-witness already for an eotech.

I need my friend to take some proper pictures, not cell phone crappy ones.

Sorry Jack, ignore my post in the Noeveske thread. Please sir, details on her please.

RU, I think you'd like this. http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG414/88

It would make that ACR feel much better, but that's an opinion. Though my opinions are always right.

Sorry Jack, ignore my post in the Noeveske thread. Please sir, details on her please.

RU, I think you'd like this. http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG414/88

It would make that ACR feel much better, but that's an opinion. Though my opinions are always right.

beat you to it..its already on order! I still need to decide on a light though...

Me too! I'm thinking either another TLR-1 Streamlight or a Surefire. IDK

Right now i find it hard to justify spending over 350 for a light.I will but its tough to swallow..the red dot was tough enough to deal with LOL

Right now i find it hard to justify spending over 350 for a light.I will but its tough to swallow..the red dot was tough enough to deal with LOL

most people get off knowing they spent a fortune for sights, lights, mounts, etc. the only thing it does is help them sleep at night. NOT see at night. i got a G2 on sale, and settled on a VTAC mount that was around 13 shipped from ballistic reload. i have 2 other cheap mounts that i switched simply because it held the light in a different place. not to make me tingle by buying a big brand name.

also, look for used parts. i got my dot and mount both used. lights and mounts pop up on m4carbine all the time.

TheRU, congrats and nice looking ACR. Regarding torches, I agree that you don't need to spend a small fortune. I don't have experience with TLRs (though I am thinking about picking one up eventually to try out); but I do personally run G2 lights as well. You can pick up the latest generation G2X for $55 that runs 200 lumens, and a mount that is more cost effective like the VTAC mount (I run an offset DD mount which wasn't much more at the time). Regardless of what you choose, would highly recommend any type of light, and, of course, get use to it. Again, congrats on the ACR... the more I see them, the more I try justifying the money for one... :wacko:

TheRU, congrats and nice looking ACR. Regarding torches, I agree that you don't need to spend a small fortune. I don't have experience with TLRs (though I am thinking about picking one up eventually to try out); but I do personally run G2 lights as well. You can pick up the latest generation G2X for $55 that runs 200 lumens, and a mount that is more cost effective like the VTAC mount (I run an offset DD mount which wasn't much more at the time). Regardless of what you choose, would highly recommend any type of light, and, of course, get use to it. Again, congrats on the ACR... the more I see them, the more I try justifying the money for one... :wacko:

Thanks, For me the acr is all about the ease of use/disassembly, maintanence and flexibilty. I was looking to buy something in that price range either way, i just think that the acr made sense. No tools required, swapping out calibers will be easy as soon as they release the packages, the hard lube coated parts, and the flexiblity to easily snap out parts, stocks, hand guards. I really love it!

As for the lights, i already have a pretty cool led flashlight that i wouldnt mind mounting. Its an LED lenser p7, small and 200 lumens. Would i be able to mount a pressure switch on it?? I just dont know if the threads and diameter are the same on all these lights and switches.

Thanks, For me the acr is all about the ease of use/disassembly, maintanence and flexibilty. I was looking to buy something in that price range either way, i just think that the acr made sense. No tools required, swapping out calibers will be easy as soon as they release the packages, the hard lube coated parts, and the flexiblity to easily snap out parts, stocks, hand guards. I really love it!

As for the lights, i already have a pretty cool led flashlight that i wouldnt mind mounting. Its an LED lenser p7, small and 200 lumens. Would i be able to mount a pressure switch on it?? I just dont know if the threads and diameter are the same on all these lights and switches.

The more I read into it, the 1x9 and proprietary coating Bushmaster is using on the ACR actually makes sense... which also helps the price make a point more sense too. The things that really scare me right now are the quality control of Bushmaster (and the QC some ACR owners have witnessed), the small kinks that become big ones (like the latest recall), and the lack of spare internals (which should be remedied soon). I can definitely see myself with an ACR in the next year or so though once a lot of those wrinkles are smoothed out.

The more I read into it, the 1x9 and proprietary coating Bushmaster is using on the ACR actually makes sense... which also helps the price make a point more sense too. The things that really scare me right now are the quality control of Bushmaster (and the QC some ACR owners have witnessed), the small kinks that become big ones (like the latest recall), and the lack of spare internals (which should be remedied soon). I can definitely see myself with an ACR in the next year or so though once a lot of those wrinkles are smoothed out.

I haven't had an issue yet except for what seems to be a pmag issue.

Ty, do they make a pressure switch for the TLR1 or TLR1s? With my current set-up I have tha Magpul AFG on a Magpul MOE stock and since I'm a lefty the the wire would have to go over the top or run underneath. I can access the standard switch with my fingers but I don't know if its operational. I already have the TLR1 on my XD45 tactical, so buying another one isn't an issue as it's tough as nails.

Just finished this two weeks ago. Bushy M4gery upper and lower, no muzzle device, DPMS lower parts, Rock River BCG, Magpul CTR stock (pinned), MIAD grip, Troy Battle sights, H2 Buffer, Badger Ord Tac Latch, Pulling my hair out trying to figure out which handguard/rail to buy. Eotec next. Shoots like a dream

P10100462.jpg

OK, now I think I'm done. Added the DD Omega Rail, Eotech 512, Troy Battle Grip, KNS Anti-Rotation Pins. Oops, need to order the Vltor Offset Flashlight Mount for the new Surefire G2X Pro 200 Lumen.

P1010078.jpg