Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Lots of cool rifles. Here is one I just built (my first) 2 months ago. I recycled cans and bottles for about a year and that paid for JD Machine lower - I love it says San Diego CA on it, with a custom laser engraving, DD LPK, and DD buffer tube assembly. The Magpul stock, mags, and MIAD grip was a freebie from my buddy. And then I ordered DD M4v3 complete upper with gov. profile barrel.

P1090222.jpg

Worked on some load developement today at CR. Two loads I was working on for the AR were 68gr Hornady BTHP and 50gr Nosler BTHP. The Hornadys for TAC Matches and the 50gr for varments. The 68gr target isn't posted cause it's BAD and I feel pretty $hitty about it. Best 68gr group was 1 1/2" and I'll have to go to the magic Varget on it. The 50gr groups were OK and the 26gr load was starting to get a little hot. Probably will go 24-25grs and hit the chrono. Enjoy

post-1785-0-59647400-1306619265_thumb.jpg

This is my new Rock River Arms LAR-15 Mid Length.

Features include:

Ace Skeleton Stock

Winter Trigger Guard

Hogue Grip

Flip up Front Sight

A.R.M.S. 40L Rear Sight

Eotech XPS 2-0

Rock River Arms Free Floating Quad Rail

Troy Modular Combat Grip

MS2 Sling & RSA

Surefire G2Z with Daniel Defense mount

Yea Cavarms lower, didn't come pink though, I couldn't find one in pink. Duracoated. Only problem I've run into is the mags I have for the .22 won't lock into the receiver. All me Pmags work fine, and my .22 mags work fine in all my other lowers, but in this one they barely make any contact with the mag catch on the way in, and can almost be inserted straight through the receiver. I don't get it, but I'm working on figuring it out somehow. If not, she'll just have to shoot .223 out of it.....

Ed, do you have any of the new Surefire 60 and 100 round magazines?

No. I thought they were going to be 50 and 100 rounds? I think this came up before, are there two companies doing it?

Like I said last time, I want some of those 50s. They are baddass if reliable in FA like they say. All my friends want the 100s just because they are so crazy looking. Are they available yet? I'll check now since I'm willing to risk one to start...

Surefire is the only one I'm aware of. And they seem reliable in the youtube video's I've seen. Plus they'd put those beta mags out of business.

I remember when they were first announced I determined that the 50 fully loaded weighed less than the BETA empty.

I guess your answer to me is that they are available, I'll go look now. I'll post a full auto vid with the 50. I don't want the 100, but if one of my friends buy it I'll post pics.

The beauty of the 50 is that it's very light and almost the same size as a 30. The beauty of the BETA Mag is that it is very low profile. I see no reason for the 100 except for looking crazy.

I want the standard capacity 30-rounders in this damn state. But those giant mags would be just awesome!

20 rounds is optimum unless you plan to employ FA. 15 is not the end of the world, although less than optimal, and NJ does not have mag restrictions on FA weapons ;)

So, yeah, 15 sucks, but it aint much less than the 20 you would want.

The real problem is that your state is communist and we need to either invade and restore you or nuke you off the face of the Earth.

I can't remember if I contributed mine so here's my bad mofos:

My AR is a Bushmaster XM15-E2S from Arms and Ammo, I believe it's designated a Bushmaster "AK Carbine" : a 14.5" HBAR - 1.5" AK74 Muzzle Brake, generally M4-ish after that; Magpul CTR Stock, MBUS Rear Sight, MOE Hand guard with MVG Fore grip, MOE Pistol Grip, MOE Trigger Guard, MS/2 Sling, 15-round modified PMAGs from MidwestPX (I've got the 30 rd, 20 rd, and "stubbies" and I like them all) and Aimpoint Micro R-1 w/ Daniel Defense tall mount... I bought this as a gift to myself, just before Christmas, as a "get well/survival" gift for surviving and thriving after anterior artifical Total Disc Replacement surgery. I set it up as all Magpul, OD Green, and for CQB/HD (had the stock pinned 1-spot away from fully closed, went with the Aimpoint Micro and lower 1/3 co-witness, generally CQB) and as I mentioned, I love it. I admit I didn't know how vehement people on the internet web forums absolutely hated Bushmaster, but when you meet me you realize I have a "if I don't mind it don't matter" and a "hey buddy %*# you" so, I'm happy with it, it's not a Novekse or a Colt but it's right up my alley, and maybe my next AR which will serve a different purpose, I'll get a nice expensive one next time.

My S&W M&P 15-22 is kind of my firearm "baby", went all out when I got it because I had never owned an "AR" and it was so much fun, so cool, and so cheap to shoot. It's decked out with a ton of Magpul XTM panel rail covers, front and rear MBUS, MOE Stock attached all the way closed, MOE Pistol Grip, and Angled Fore Grip. I also have an Aimpoint Micro R-1 for this one too, but I never got an additional mount (I didn't think I needed a mount since Aimpoint says it comes with an "integral mount" lol, and never bought one, and the R-1 has wound up on my Mossberg 930 SPX and as of yet hasn't come off.

img0775h.jpg

img0778h.jpg

• Like 1

Hi.. New guy here and my 3rd post..

DPMS LR-308 with A3 and 16" Heavy Barrel.. Nikon 4-12x40 BDC, MI Front, MGPul Rear, Hogue Grip.. MPul 20 rounders PINNED to 15 for NJ compliance.. DPMS Miculek Brake PINNED

DPMSNikon.jpg

Now riding in a Desert Camo Paint Scheme..

Wrapped.jpg

That is an AWESOME Rifle! I would like an AR-10/.308 AR-style rifle, damn sure would . I would absolutely love to have an SR-25, I have considered starting saving for one, but they're mighty expensive and truth is I would need to spend a ton on Magpul to make the rifle look how I would like it, it just doesn't do it for me. Yours looks very nice tho, It works for me, but that paint job boy, that is some crazy a$$ $h!{ boy... It almost looks like it had an incredibly rough time in the sandbox combats of Irsq/The 'Stan.. crazy bro!

Updated photos of my custom-built AR-15 and my Bushmaster Carbon 15-22.

L1040723.jpg

L1040726.jpg

On the AR-15:

Insight M3X for long gun

Magpul BAD lever, MOE grip, ASAP plate

USGI surplus SOPMOD (Bought from Marine, saw action in Iraq)

KAC RAS

Primary Arms M3 clone

ARMS 71LR BUIS

Battlecomp 1.5

On the Bushmaster Carbon 15-22:

Magpul MOE handguard, MVG vertical grip, MOE polymer rail

NC Star LED/Laser

Airsoft replicas: Aimpoint Micro, SOPMOD stock

Phase 5 EBRv2 (Enhanced Bolt Release Version 2)

A2 pistol grip, finger nub dremel'ed off