Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Latest iteration:

IMG_20130823_245818_943_zpsf4492eb4.jpg

IMG_20130823_245911_863_zps652ae6ea.jpg

14.5 inch BCM lightweight  barrel with dynacomp, BCM BCG, and Rainer Arms Raptor charging handle (I love this thing)

Magpul furniture, moe + grip, rear mbus and STR stock

Spikes lower with PSA lpk, Spikes ST-T2 buffer  and ALG A.C.T trigger

VTAC 2 pt sling with IWC front  QD attchment and Tango Down PR-4 Rear QD attachment

Primary Arms UWL

Looking to upgrade the light to a P2X Fury or maybe M600

Finally picked up a used Eotech.  Got a very good price and will likely upgrade to a newer model if I like it enough.  

My first experience with a Eotech sight.  Pros for me, I love how the reticle looks, and how easy it is to keep both eyes open through the sight.  Cons, need a riser to 1/3 cowitness, reticle isn't as sharp as I hoped (this could be my eyes or just the effect of the laser projection, either way I've read that it is common) but it is still more than clear enough to acquire targets quickly.   

Battery life is something I will continue to monitor.  I do find that I prefer the view through the Eotech window better than a tube red dot.   

Very nice!

Yankee Hill makes a good riser at a decent price for the EoTech:

http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_71_72&products_id=60

I use it with my EoTech on my S&W AR15-22. With a little bit of searching, you can grab one for around $25.

Also, don't be afraid to cut the handguards to move the sling attachment back a little bit closer to the receiver. That's what I did - granted it was for a different mount but the application is the same. It took 5 minutes and it works great and looks good too. I will post a pic in a bit.

Very nice!

Yankee Hill makes a good riser at a decent price for the EoTech:

http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_71_72&products_id=60

I use it with my EoTech on my S&W AR15-22. With a little bit of searching, you can grab one for around $25.

Also, don't be afraid to cut the handguards to move the sling attachment back a little bit closer to the receiver. That's what I did - granted it was for a different mount but the application is the same. It took 5 minutes and it works great and looks good too. I will post a pic in a bit.

Thanks! I should be having that riser on the way, its taking a little longer than expected. I think I might get the accucam as well.

Its not as much fear of cutting than laziness haha

Very nice!

Yankee Hill makes a good riser at a decent price for the EoTech:http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_71_72&products_id=60

I drilled 3 holes to move my sling mount back when I was using the moe

RRA NM upper on DPM lower with JP trigger. Would like to take this to an Appleseed..

RRA-NM-1_zps2da72d86.jpg

Sweet!...I miss the basic, uncluttered and original lines of the A2 setup...sans all of the rails, optics, BUIS and accesories of todays tacticool carbines..Might have to put one on my list of have-to-gets..

Built "Misty" not too long ago... was going to use her at a carbine class then give her to my wife but not sure now... I think i may end up giving her my spikes instead... who knows...

GST 16" Upper build, NFA Lower Shoots Darts

151970782.jpg

151970781.jpg

151970783.jpg

151970784.jpg

151970787.jpg

this is my 5th build using a NFA lower and i have to say.. I am impressed to say the least. Cost effective and just as functional as an aluminum. No failures so far with over 1500 rounds on one of them.

wait why did u get the riser ??? is it to have a lower 1/3 cowitness ? does that really work for u? if the red dot is on how can u use the lower 1/3 cowitness?

That's exactly the reason. I prefer it over absolute cowitness. There is less of the front sight post in the window while I look through the optic. I'm not sure what you mean by the last part. I can still see the irons when looking through both on lower 1/3. The dot is right in the top of the front iron.

That's exactly the reason. I prefer it over absolute cowitness. There is less of the front sight post in the window while I look through the optic. I'm not sure what you mean by the last part. I can still see the irons when looking through both on lower 1/3. The dot is right in the top of the front iron.

yep sorry :) that's what I meant : " still see the irons when looking through both on lower 1/3. The dot is right in the top of the front iron."

>>> is it distracting at all?

yep sorry :) that's what I meant : " still see the irons when looking through both on lower 1/3. The dot is right in the top of the front iron."

>>> is it distracting at all?

Couple of actual pics for you or anyone else who's wondering.  Kinda dark in my house and I was taking pics with my cell phone but you get the idea.  Took it with my Mbus with the wide aperature. 

IMG_20130825_135200_830-1_zps0da33c3d.jp

IMG_20130825_135442_389-1_zpsd18463d8.jp

You can see how little space it uses in the window.  When you have both eyes open and focused on the target, its basically not even there. Also, I'd generally have the rear sight down if I was using the optic. 

Couple of actual pics for you or anyone else who's wondering. Kinda dark in my house and I was taking pics with my cell phone but you get the idea. Took it with my Mbus with the wide aperature.

IMG_20130825_135200_830-1_zps0da33c3d.jp

IMG_20130825_135442_389-1_zpsd18463d8.jp

You can see how little space it uses in the window. When you have both eyes open and focused on the target, its basically not even there. Also, I'd generally have the rear sight down if I was using the optic.

interesting. would like to try this set up.

what is the height of that riser ?

.3 inches I believe

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Yankee-Hill-Machine-220-EOTech-Riser-yhm-p/yhm%20220%20eotech%20riser.htm

LaRue makes one as well, which is not as tall (albeit by .025 inches) 

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-eotech-qd-mount-lt-110

I prefer taller, and can't justify spending that much on a mount lol