Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Built this for my Father-In-law last night. My Brother in law liked the first one i helped him build he ended up taking it so I had to put together another... i think he just likes buying parts for me to put together...

I named her "Charlene"

152222337.jpg

152222334.jpg

152222342.jpg

152222348.jpg

152222332.jpg

152222340.jpg

152222331.jpg

Soup to nuts, he spent a total of $750 on the build. He'll be shooting it for the first time tuesday! 

Built this for my Father-In-law last night. My Brother in law liked the first one i helped him build he ended up taking it so I had to put together another... i think he just likes buying parts for me to put together...

I named her "Charlene"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soup to nuts, he spent a total of $750 on the build. He'll be shooting it for the first time tuesday!

Nice what rail is that and size of barrel?

Keeping it basic with my MP15 Sport

Barrel threaded with new brake

9JJlj70.jpg

Sorry will take better pics.  Just finished cleaning it up.

GfGlzgW.jpg

Finally got time to install the Magwell and Mako grips...  Feel good.

eX1lHQg.jpg

a87NcIZ.jpg

5t7zTRe.jpg

Custom made by Carlucci Arms, Randolph NJ. 5.56/.223, waiting for their custom fluted barrels to come in. Not pictured but I was able to get the new Magpul 20 magazines from forum member MidwestPX pinned to 15 rounds. Still adjusting all the sites but able to put every shot at 200 yards in a six inch circle. I. Love shooting this thing! Can't wait till Friday and another trip to the range.

post-5572-137894267961_thumb.jpg

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What's that torpedo launcher on top? Can't see the name clearly and don't recognize the profile?

Custom made by Carlucci Arms, Randolph NJ. 5.56/.223, waiting for their custom fluted barrels to come in. Not pictured but I was able to get the new Magpul 20 magazines from forum member MidwestPX pinned to 15 rounds. Still adjusting all the sites but able to put every shot at 200 yards in a six inch circle. I. Love shooting this thing! Can't wait till Friday and another trip to the range.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1378942675.076502.jpg

Ed

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Burris 536 with Truglo tru brite multi/duel red/green dot on top (just for fun at 50yds or less)

Ed

sweet.

I actually have a 3x version and I'm very happy with it,

but I wonder if any of u guys who have the same scope, used it in any classes/training/exercise ... and if u did >> how did it do vs the usual suspects eotech/aimpoint/acog

I named her "Charlene"

152222337.jpg

152222334.jpg

152222342.jpg

152222348.jpg

152222332.jpg

152222340.jpg

152222331.jpg

Can't wait to try out that Scorpion scope!

Midlength gas system? Details Man! Details!

Haha, yeah, middy gas, seven twist, extra thick chrome lining, chambered in 5.56.  Barrels are HPT/MPI.  Pretty legit tubes that rank right up there with BCM and DD, IMO.  The receiver itself is a Cerro Forge machined for us.  M4 feedramps, laser T-markings, hardcoat anodized.  BCG is our standard full-auto rated phosphate BCG with a 9310 MPI bolt, 8620 chrome-lined carrier, investment cast chrome-lined gas key, grade 8 fasteners, Permatex between the key and carrier, and a S7 tool steel extractor.  Links to products in each build:

Barrel: http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=99&products_id=715

Upper: http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=52_93&products_id=716

BCG: http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=52_97&products_id=626

Handguards:

9": http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=19_61&products_id=675

12": http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=19_61&products_id=676

14": http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=19_61&products_id=677

They'll be available pre-assembled eventually however I want to get some rounds on the initial units and make sure everything's been worked out as far as the build process so I can make sure we're turning out high quality uppers.  I have to wait to get them back from photography but I did weigh the upper with the 14" rail before it shipped and complete with BCG and charging handle, it came out to under 4lbs.  These Fortis rails are no joke when it comes to strong but light.

I have been eyeing those Fortis rails along with the new Geissele ones. Since you have both brands can you make a comparison of the two? weight,feel, fit and finish? I just looked at your site and the Centurion CMR look real nice also.

I have been eyeing those Fortis rails along with the new Geissele ones. Since you have both brands can you make a comparison of the two? weight,feel, fit and finish? I just looked at your site and the Centurion CMR look real nice also.

They're all high quality rails in every regard.  The Fortis rails are lighter and fit my hand better so I prefer them to both the Geissele and Centurions.  The CMR does have one drawback and it is that it is only guaranteed to work with Centurion gas glocks...pretty much anything else needs to be ground down to fit.

Will they be available without the rail?

Yes, eventually.