Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Goddamn I am lusting after one of those uppers! That is nice MWPX! BZ!

I am going to get one soon and shoot the crap out if it in a few classes.

I'm going to come off as sounding like a pushy salesman but I promise you that is not my intent and this is 100% the truth and not in any way a sales pitch.  

Get one while you can.  The barrels are a HUGE PITA to source.  My shipment of 16" middys from Centurion took forever to come in and they said they weren't even expecting them from FN.  If they get another delivery of barrels the same size as the last one, my order already in with Centurion takes up over half of them and I'm first in line for these barrels too.  I have three left right now that are with my photographer but will be back here soon after which I'll get them test fired and put up for sale.

If you can't snag one of those, we'll be rolling out uppers built with our 4140 CM 1:8 twist middy barrels and those barrels are in much more plentiful supply.  The barrel maker and I had a long talk about metal selection and he assures me that 4140 CM vs. 4150 CL CMV has very little practical difference.  He said a 4140 tube will show accelerated wear under prolonged full-auto fire and that's where you want chrome lined CMV tubes as the vanadium makes the surface harder and more receptive to plating, both enhancing the resistance to heat and heat is what kills barrels.  So that's my long winded way of saying we'll have alternative barrels that will meet the needs of 98%+ shooters because there just aren't that many full-auto setups out there.  And we'll do it at a killer price point :)

I'm going to come off as sounding like a pushy salesman but I promise you that is not my intent and this is 100% the truth and not in any way a sales pitch.  

Get one while you can.  The barrels are a HUGE PITA to source.  My shipment of 16" middys from Centurion took forever to come in and they said they weren't even expecting them from FN.  If they get another delivery of barrels the same size as the last one, my order already in with Centurion takes up over half of them and I'm first in line for these barrels too.  I have three left right now that are with my photographer but will be back here soon after which I'll get them test fired and put up for sale.

Any plans for a 14.5" version? :)

Serial number 1 of the blem lowers I will be releasing soon.

zmdpu9.jpg

Completed with PX LTG LPK, ALG ACT trigger, PX milspec stock hardware kit with H weight powdered tungsten buffer, and a Magpul MOE+ grip.  I threw a M4-style stock that was in my parts bin on for the picture.  I'm probably going to go with an STR or ACS-L for this build.

14cs215.jpg

More uppers built today.

ipnn9w.jpg

Top to bottom:

1. 10.5" Centurion CHF 1:7, PX NiB BCG, PX upper, 9" Fortis rail, AAC 51-tooth brake (this one is a custom build for a local customer who's Mini-4 can to be run on this upper is in my safe, waiting for the F4 to clear)

2. 14.5" Centurion CHF 1:7, PX standard BCG, PX upper, 12" Fortis rail

3. 16" PX 4140CM 1:8, PX standard BCG, PX upper, 12" Fortis rail (this is my personal upper)

Ty, would the Fortis 14" rail interfere with the muzzle brake on a 14.5" barrel?  It looks like it would be pretty close according to your pictures.

It's close enough that I wouldn't build one for a customer.  The amount of pressure coming off the sides of a brake are pretty intense and I've seen pictures of rails blown out because they were too close to the brake.  The 9" rail on a 10.5" barrel is about as far as I'm comfortable going.

Serial number 1 of the blem lowers I will be releasing soon.

zmdpu9.jpg

Completed with PX LTG LPK, ALG ACT trigger, PX milspec stock hardware kit with H weight powdered tungsten buffer, and a Magpul MOE+ grip.  I threw a M4-style stock that was in my parts bin on for the picture.  I'm probably going to go with an STR or ACS-L for this build.

14cs215.jpg

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

I can't tell you how much that lifted my spirits.  These lowers have been a complete cluster since I paid for them in January.  The manufacturer is taking them back and re-doing the entire order.  Hopefully I will have non-blems at a killer price in early December.

I wouldn't care if its a blem. I run my stuff hard and scratches are gonna happen. Its a tool not a show piece. What kinda price are we talking about because I want one and I'm going to have some Christmas bonus money to spend come December.

I wouldn't care if its a blem. I run my stuff hard and scratches are gonna happen. Its a tool not a show piece. What kinda price are we talking about because I want one and I'm going to have some Christmas bonus money to spend come December.

In the $120 ball park.  They're billet 7075-T6, threaded bolt catch pin hole, rear takedown pin channel is also threaded for the included hex head insert to prevent the spring from flying out when the stock assembly is removed, and a tensioning screw is provided to adjust tension between upper and lower.

nice. you can count me in for one. i'm assuming that price is stripped? if you have some blems that need to be liquidated i will definitely take one. i could probably convince a friend or 2 that arent on the forum to get one as well.

Yep, stripped but I'll offer bundles to really drive savings.  I know how hard people work for their play money so I want to deliver as much value as I can without breaking the bank.

armi.jpg

armi2.jpg

more poor quality cell phone pics... 

AR15.com Lower
Magpul MOE

Magpul ASAP

Magpul RSA

Magpul MS3
Spike’s ST-T2 Buffer

Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced Trigger
Magpul CTR Stock
Magpul Pmag
Midwest Industries SS Drop In
Larue index clips

Larue Handstop
Troy Rear DOA BUIS
Aimpoint PRO
Haley Thorntail  Mount
Inforce Weapon Light
Spikes Tactical Upper 1:7 Twist 5.56 Mid-Length Gas System 14.5in Barrel
Spikes Tactical Dyna Comp Muzzle Brake (Permanently Attached) 

In the $120 ball park. They're billet 7075-T6, threaded bolt catch pin hole, rear takedown pin channel is also threaded for the included hex head insert to prevent the spring from flying out when the stock assembly is removed, and a tensioning screw is provided to adjust tension between upper and lower.

I would be interested in one also at That price for a billet lower. Would be crazy not to buy one. Blemishes don't affect performance. Nothing a coat of paint couldn't fix. I polish the insides of most of my lowers before I assemble them anyway. No big deal to scuff and re spray the outside in the booth for me.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!