Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

... I use a 500 lumen SF Fury on my 2 social long guns (will be upgrading to P3X Fury - 1000 lumens - soon) and 500 lumen X300U on my work pistols ...

I just stuck an EAG/P3X on my Benelli M4...great light. 

...and I thought the P2X and the X300U were bright.

A bajillion lumens? Probably. 500-1000 lumens, it depends.... Need your definition of pretty quick. Also need to look at how you run your lights, what searching techniques you use, what fixing techniques you use, how big an area are you searching, etc...

I haven't had a problem with my batteries going dead in my lights (my EOTech is another story). I do carry spare batteries on my rifle, but that is just the way I am. I also check my lights and put fresh batteries in them regularly.

I think the main reason I like it so much is the ergonomics....

I'm considering an additional light in my gear that is "brighter" on a quick detach mount because I can see the value in something obnoxious "just in case"... But on a daily basis I stand by the inforce unit especially considering how smooth it is...

I like the idea of a super bright light on a qd mount. Keep it in my go bag.

Have to agree the ergonomics on the wml are awesome and I like the simplicity of the momentary only pad. I have it on a 45° mount and it's in the perfect spot

Almost done. My first AR build (have an MP15 sport). Need to add Troy flip up irons and my Aimpoint Pro.

20140101_184119-1.jpg

PSA Stealth Lower

Yankee Hill Upper

Stag 16" 1/9 chrome lined barrel

Levang Comp

BCM charging handle with PSA BCG

Magpul MOE Stock

Mako grip

ROCK River TRO Free Float Handguard

Burnt Bronze Cerakote (done by Easton Firearms Refinishing)

That's the color I just had done on my 1911... Really nice color thst the photos don't justify.... Very nice AR... Not trying to hijack the thread, just posted photo for color comparisons...

post-5135-138868008858_thumb.jpg

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

IMG_20140105_224953827_zpsetrrnjg9.jpg

Changed out my sight to an EXPS2-0 and mounted my vortex magnifier and FTS mount. 

I'm pretty much finished with mods to this build.  Only things I want to change are the FTS mount to a Larue and get a better weapon mounted light.  

Nice work, looks good! How do you like the Vortex magnifier?

Nice work, looks good! How do you like the Vortex magnifier?

Thanks. Ive had good experiences so far, but only used it for bench shooting. Kinda heavy. I want to try it on my next carbine class to see how it works out.

Kinda want to go to metal buis but the magpuls haven't done me wrong.

IMG_20131221_155416.jpg

IMG_20131221_155532.jpg

IMG_20131221_160311.jpg

Just finished my first build, which my buddy from the forum MarkWVU02 guided me through. Thanks to all of you I was able to do my homework and had no surprises in putting this together. I read, read some more, took my time and purchased tools/parts when they went on sale, Black Friday, etc. The end result is the bottom rifle in the above pics (the top belongs to MarkWVU02) As soon as the brake is pinned and welded , I’ll be hitting the range to put down as many rounds as I can before my finger falls off.

Big thanks to everyone here, I couldn’t have made the decisions or the balls to tackle this build without you.

Spike’s Stripped Blem(?) Lower

Spike’s Stripped Upper

Spike’s Standard Phosphate BCG

Spike’s Trigger Guard

Midwest PX LPT with ACT Trigger

Midwest 15rd Pinned Magpul FDE Magazine

KNS Trigger Pins

Magpul BAD Lever

Battle Arms Takedown Pins

Noveske QD End Plate

Spike’s Milspec Buffer Tube, Spring & T2 Buffer

BCM Standard 16” Mid Length Barrel, 1:7

BCM Gunfighter Mod4 Charging Handle

Yankee Hill Machine Picatinny Railed Gas Block

Magpul FDE Furniture

Midwest Industries ERS Flip Down FDE Iron Sights

PWS556 Muzzle Brake (not shown)

Nice build, Me, You, and Mark will have to hit the Woodland Park Range and hit the Mine up afterwards.

Upgraded my light today, which leaves only the magnifier mount left, which I think I'll hold off on for a while. Very impressed by the little light. Very bright and great spill. I stuck it on a vtac mount I ha laying around from another build. Eventually change it to a black mount.

Posted Image

The tailcap is located very comfortably where I rest my thumb. It sits a little high and creeps into the eotech window slightly but its not bad and think it will be fine.

Posted Image

Hmmm... How do you swap the batteries? Do you need to take the light outbid the mount? If so you should bring the light back a bit so the tail cap is out if the mount.

You should be able to use a longer MOE 1913 rail to push the light out or move the MVG back a slot if you need to.

Seriously look at the MOE Scout Mount Left: http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG403/46

And get yourself a 1" ring: http://www.gggaz.com/one-inch-flashlight-mounting-ring.html

Here is the above described setup on a work Colt R0933 - carbine length instead of midlength gas system:

B448905D-F7C3-418B-9541-2C529E751A35-647

Hmmm... How do you swap the batteries? Do you need to take the light outbid the mount? If so you should bring the light back a bit so the tail cap is out if the mount.

You should be able to use a longer MOE 1913 rail to push the light out or move the MVG back a slot if you need to.

Seriously look at the MOE Scout Mount Left: http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG403/46

And get yourself a 1" ring: http://www.gggaz.com/one-inch-flashlight-mounting-ring.html

Here is the above described setup on a work Colt R0933 - carbine length instead of midlength gas system:

Posted Image[/url]

Always gotta piss in my Cheerios :)

You make a good point. I will look at moving it back tomorrow, I think I have some room. I just got home and tossed it on. I'm farking exhausted at the moment.

I looked at that one and the iwc mount as well.

Upgraded my light today, which leaves only the magnifier mount left, which I think I'll hold off on for a while. Very impressed by the little light. Very bright and great spill. I stuck it on a vtac mount I ha laying around from another build. Eventually change it to a black mount.

IMG_20140111_011110995_zps8sdzgqia.jpg

The tailcap is located very comfortably where I rest my thumb. It sits a little high and creeps into the eotech window slightly but its not bad and think it will be fine.

IMG_20140111_011315319_zps04rtkjoe.jpg

when I used a MOE I really liked this mount... I would use the back of the mount as a point for my thumb... 

Also I just switched out the garbage mount that came with my magnifier for a larue mount... its perfect.. 

arpa2.jpg

when I used a MOE I really liked this mount... I would use the back of the mount as a point for my thumb...

Also I just switched out the garbage mount that came with my magnifier for a larue mount... its perfect..

Posted Image

I guess magpul it is.

I bet larue is good but thats like $150 towards my other stuff right now. I think the magnifier is the least important thing on my rifle anyway.

I guess magpul it is.

I bet larue is good but thats like $150 towards my other stuff right now. I think the magnifier is the least important thing on my rifle anyway.

that light mount is called a thorntail.... I really liked how close to the gun it sat without a lot of bulk... locked up perfectly..

the larue mount is money... but I cant stress how amazing it is..

I had the shit mount that came with the Vortex.. then I got a slightly upgraded one.. and well it was better... but in the end it ended up being the one piece of gear that was really weak, and replacing it with the larue was an amazing improvement.. well worth the money.. 

Nothing major like some of you guys, first long gun purchases in 17 years since having an FID. Decided WTH, why not start a new hobby.. Big thanks to Steve from Monmouth Arms for the Remington 870 Express Tactical and the Colt LE6920 SOCOM. Little home defense to go along with the on duty tools.. 

DSC02977.jpg

Nothing major like some of you guys, first long gun purchases in 17 years since having an FID. Decided WTH, why not start a new hobby.. Big thanks to Steve from Monmouth Arms for the Remington 870 Express Tactical and the Colt LE6920 SOCOM. Little home defense to go along with the on duty tools..

Posted Image

Maybe its just me but I love the looks of a carbine quad rail, and a govt profile barrel.