Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Nice rifle.  The sr-15 is the only rifle left on my ar "wish list".  Did it come fde from the factory or did you cerakote it?

Thanks.  Actually the place I got it from offered the cerakote finish, so I choose Magpul FDE over the standard cerakote FDE.  He also pinned the brake for me and everything was reasonably priced.

Thanks.  Actually the place I got it from offered the cerakote finish, so I choose Magpul FDE over the standard cerakote FDE.  He also pinned the brake for me and everything was reasonably priced.

Would you mind posting or pm'ing me where you got it from?  I have been putting off buying one bc I have a bunch of ar's but that is sexy looking!

Would you mind posting or pm'ing me where you got it from?  I have been putting off buying one bc I have a bunch of ar's but that is sexy looking!

Sent you a PM.  Basically I saw a few on arfcom that were cerakoted and had to have one as well.  Well worth the money for the components you are getting.  The rifle is very well balanced and feels extremely light compared to my previous Stags.  It is only 6.6lbs without the acog.

Seriously look at the MOE Scout Mount Left: http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG403/46

when I used a MOE I really liked this mount... I would use the back of the mount as a point for my thumb...

You guys were spot on. Got the mount and the gg&g ring for cheap. This set up is really comfortable and feels natural.

IMG_20140117_020124483_zps0qbekrs4.jpg

I'm feeling really good about this gun. It's a bit heavy but I can always take the magnifier off or change the stock to a moe.

Would you guys know of any free float HG's that I can use on this gun to lighten it (without disassembling the muzzle/gas block)

Ok so i finally had some time to finish putting together "Krystal" my primary use AR. I decided to change up the rail from the Seekins BAR rail, it was just too big when i held the rifle.. I ended up with the SAR rail. Slimmer profile and lighter. I'm still waiting on my Umbrella Corp bolt to come in and possibly swapping out the rail for an Umbrella rail later this year depending on how it looks....

Here is a run down of what she has on her now..

• Umbrella Corp HUUCR upper
    • 14.5" ESS 5.56 Barrel 1/9
    • Spikes Dynacomp Extreme Muzzle Brake
    • Spikes LP Gas Block
    • Nitroment (sp) Black Gas tube
    • Seekins 12" SAR Rail
    • Milspec Charging Handle w/Extended Latch
    • Spikes Tactical M16 BCG
  • Umbrella Corp HUUCR Lower
    • Spikes Tactical Enhanced LPK
    • Spikes Battle Trigger
    • Spikes enhanced Trigger guard
    • Ambi Fire Selector
    • KNS anit roll Pin kit
  • Tapco sling plate
  • Umbrella Corp Grip 23
  • Magpul Fixed Stock
  • Spikes Buffer Tube
  • Spikes Heavy buffer and spring
  • Magpul BAD
I have a few more things on the way but am not sure when they will get here so here are some planned additions for the immediate future..
  • Umbrella corp BCG to replace the Spikes (gonna use the spikes in my next build). The umbrella BCG will not only match the rifle but it seems like it will be of better build quality. We will see.
  • Raptor Charging Handle
  • Eotech XPS2 Sight w/Magnifier (waiting on deliver)
  • 45* offset Back up sights
I havent decided if i will color fill the graphics on the receiver yet... not sure how it will look. I kind of like the Sleek "Ninja" look of the rifle right now....

I'm anxious to get her out and put a few hundred rounds though her. I'll post back as soon as i get some range time!

PICS:

154159230.jpg

154159232.jpg

154159233.jpg

154159238.jpg

154159235.jpg

154159236.jpg

154159237.jpg

154159234.jpg

Total length - 33" (tip to butt)

Total weight - 6lb 11oz (mag empty, as shown)

Ok so i finally had some time to finish putting together "Krystal" my primary use AR. I decided to change up the rail from the Seekins BAR rail, it was just too big when i held the rifle.. I ended up with the SAR rail. Slimmer profile and lighter. I'm still waiting on my Umbrella Corp bolt to come in and possibly swapping out the rail for an Umbrella rail later this year depending on how it looks....

Here is a run down of what she has on her now..

• Umbrella Corp HUUCR upper
    • 14.5" ESS 5.56 Barrel 1/9
    • Spikes Dynacomp Extreme Muzzle Brake
    • Spikes LP Gas Block
    • Nitroment (sp) Black Gas tube
    • Seekins 12" SAR Rail
    • Milspec Charging Handle w/Extended Latch
    • Spikes Tactical M16 BCG
  • Umbrella Corp HUUCR Lower
    • Spikes Tactical Enhanced LPK
    • Spikes Battle Trigger
    • Spikes enhanced Trigger guard
    • Ambi Fire Selector
    • KNS anit roll Pin kit
  • Tapco sling plate
  • Umbrella Corp Grip 23
  • Magpul Fixed Stock
  • Spikes Buffer Tube
  • Spikes Heavy buffer and spring
  • Magpul BAD
I have a few more things on the way but am not sure when they will get here so here are some planned additions for the immediate future..
  • Umbrella corp BCG to replace the Spikes (gonna use the spikes in my next build). The umbrella BCG will not only match the rifle but it seems like it will be of better build quality. We will see.
  • Raptor Charging Handle
  • Eotech XPS2 Sight w/Magnifier (waiting on deliver)
  • 45* offset Back up sights
I havent decided if i will color fill the graphics on the receiver yet... not sure how it will look. I kind of like the Sleek "Ninja" look of the rifle right now....

I'm anxious to get her out and put a few hundred rounds though her. I'll post back as soon as i get some range time!

PICS:

154159230.jpg

154159232.jpg

154159233.jpg

154159238.jpg

154159235.jpg

154159236.jpg

154159237.jpg

154159234.jpg

Total length - 33" (tip to butt)

Total weight - 6lb 11oz (mag empty, as shown)

Bro I'm in love with Umbrella Corp Lowers !!!!

:D can't believe somebody actually building those

The most evil corp in the world :)

They are cool. How they get away using Umbrella Corp without getting sued by the Resident Evil franchise?Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I forget the whole story but I believe they secured the rights to use the name for anything related to firearms... It's on the internet somewhere... My google-fu is poor today!

Took the dremel to my 14.5" yesterday and added a Troy 13" Alpha rail, Magpul MBUS front sight, Magpul MS4 sling, and swapped the Magpul MOE grip for their new K2 grip.

(excuse the crappy pics)

Before

0e35fa69-408a-49a6-8013-baef88fb88a6_zps

After cutting some things off (light spot in front of the gasblock is just residue from tape that I hadnt cleaned off yet)

20140118_135133_zps918b2402.jpg

All together

20140118_142422_zps1314d415.jpg

20140118_142337_zpsb86c9b0c.jpg

edit: fixed pics

That umbrella corp build is sweet. Are you worried at all that the receiver is stamped "AR-15?"

I did a lot of checking with a few lawyers, FFL's and NJ sp and everyone is of the belief that the "COLT AR15" is the rifle that is banned by name/model #. They all said you can not own a COLT rifle that is stamped "AR15" or  "CAR15" on it. but the Umbrella is ok to own.

HOWEVER...

Section 2 of N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.2 basically states

That ANY firearm regardless of designation that is substantially similar to any of the rifles listed in the ban law would be considered illegal. So if they really wanted to, the man could turn around and say pretty much any AR in the state is "illegal" or in violation. Simply put... If it looks like an colt AR15 and If they want to take it they will.

Either way I have the lawyer on speed dial

Maybe I'm a bit conservative but I and an AR15.com lower receiver and sold it.  The model number wasn't AR 15 but the brand was and I got skittish based the intuitionally ambiguous laws have any black rifle that said AR15 anywhere on it.  It was a really nice billet receiver too with the bolt face logo.

2dhwqab.jpg

This rifle is headed out today for professional photography by a well-known industry photog (not Stickman if anyone's wondering).

Upper:

Centurion Arms 16" hammer forged barrel

Midwest PX Enhanced BCG

Midwest PX forged upper

12" Fortis REV

Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle

Magpul MBUS Pro front and rear sights

Trijicon SRS QD

Lower:

Midwest PX Premium billet lower (I have these, just haven't put them up yet due to lack of good pictures...these are those lowers I've been talking about putting up for $120)

Midwest PX LTG LPK

Hiperfire 24C (the more I use it, the more I like it)

Magpul UBR

Magpul MOE+ grip

The goal of this build was to put together a capable, feature-rich, but very clean and aesthetically-pleasing/simple carbine.  

More shots of the lower

ayxc3o.jpg

smacti.jpg

Apologies for the closeup pics being done without cleaning up the lower at all.  The finish on the lower is in fact uniform and the dark spots you see are excess oil.

Have been following the Hiperfire thread on M4C recently and am not really sure what to think of this.  How do you like it in comparison with other more established names (primarily Geissele)?

The only trigger it's truly comparable to with Geissele is the S3G as everything else Geissele makes is a two stage trigger.  Reset of the Hiperfire feels a little longer but the break is as crisp if not crisper.  Both have zero creep and very constant pull weights.  The S3G might have a little more overtravel than the Hiperfire too.  What I like about the Hiperfire is the ability to swap out the toggle springs and position the shoe on the trigger to have varying pull weights.

I don't post pic much, since I only have ghost guns.... But here is one.post-4964-0-65461000-1390359400_thumb.jpgpost-4964-0-96649600-1390359418_thumb.jpgpost-4964-0-85512100-1390359433_thumb.jpgpost-4964-0-05962400-1390359447_thumb.jpg

I don't get why armalite makes you pay $37 total just for some info on your rifle.

Any Ar fanatics can give me an info on this armalite m15a2 I would really appreciate it.

Supposedly it was made around mid 90's serial number US 111xxx

I don't post pic much, since I only have ghost guns.... But here is one.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I don't get why armalite makes you pay $37 total just for some info on your rifle.

Any Ar fanatics can give me an info on this armalite m15a2 I would really appreciate it.

Supposedly it was made around mid 90's serial number US 111xxx

Whats up with all that evilness on your rifle?!?!

Those are some really nice builds.... I would post mine but I can't get pics on the thread.... ugh... I Tryed doing the photo bucket thing but no dice..... just not good at computer stuff..... I've had a go pro for a year and haven't been able to get that up and running.........how do you like the dynacomp. I have one on my 14.5 and the guy at the range thought I was running a 308.... has a bark but keeps the muzzle on target for quick controlled pairs.....