Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

My first fun stick: A bone stock S&W M&P 15 Sport. 

2HdozF4.jpg

It was my Christmas present to myself, and the wife and I have had some fun shooting it since then. In fact, we went through the initial purchase of ammo so fast that we ended up buying the overpriced range ammo to finish up our 1st shooting session. Not making that mistake again :D

3MJGD7S.jpg

Nice stick. Good luck with it!

In fact, we went through the initial purchase of ammo so fast that we ended up buying the overpriced range ammo to finish up our 1st shooting session. Not making that mistake again

Yeah you will. Everyone does that sometimes - you are just having too much fun. And you know what? It's worth it ;)

Nice stick. Good luck with it!

Yeah you will. Everyone does that sometimes - you are just having too much fun. And you know what? It's worth it ;)

Agreed. I read this right after I shelved a 40mm can of freshly produced 55gr FMJ ammo (about 2k rounds) I made over the weekend.

20150119_193114.jpg?t=142162800220150119_193140.jpg?t=1421628066

DDM4v5 LW URG

Battlecomp perm. attached

Spikes Stripped Lower

Colt LPK

Magpul MIAD

Magpul CTR

'H' Buffer from BCM

DD Fixed Front Sight

Troy Folding Rear Sight

Aimpoint T-1 2MOA

Bobro Absolute Co-Witness Mount

HSP Picatinny Thorntail Mount

Inforce HSP WML (Momentary Only)

BFG Vickers VCAS (NSN) Sling with 1.25 inch QDs

and a butt-load of MidwestPX pinned P-Mags

Was going to be a fairly budget build then I went a bit overboard.  Definitely nowhere near budget at all

Thanks!  I used quality components for everything and the only thing I slightly compromised on was the Spike's stripped lower.  Did not have the patience to wait for a Noveske Gen II to hit the market at the time.  In time a new lower with a bigger flared well and a Geissele SSA or SSA-E will be on its way.  The trigger will probably be ordered some time next month.  All in all I could not be happier with how this came out.  Thousands of rounds down the tube and not a hiccup yet using XM193/XM855.  Plus its still light!

I didn't know that a Spike's lower was skimping.

Spikes is GTG. I have a different taste now for DD, BCM, Colt or Noveske but I wouldn't turn down a Spikes either. I went to the shop in FL and they were super nice people.

Did not mean that as an insult towards Spikes.  In many case a lower is a lower is a lower as long as it is in spec, etc.  It has not let me down and the fit and finish have been good.  Just meant that I could have waited/spent more and gotten the Noveske Gen II out the gate. 

I got ya. It's all personal preference at this point. I make it a point to only pick up those now just cause they are "cooler". Lol

Is the Noveske really worth 250-300 more than Anderson or spikes? What makes it so expensive?

I bought my lower at the height of panic unfortunately so it would not have been that much of a difference.  Still more expensive though.  I really do like the Gen2 lower's magwell though.

And Lecky, that is up to you to decide.  For me and many other shooters this is all just a hobby.  Do you want it? Go for it. 

I bought my lower at the height of panic unfortunately so it would not have been that much of a difference.  Still more expensive though.  I really do like the Gen2 lower's magwell though.

And Lecky, that is up to you to decide.  For me and many other shooters this is all just a hobby.  Do you want it? Go for it.

also a hobby for me too, I just wasn't sure if you were getting anything much more superior with the Noveske,

So what'd you guys do for work today? I had a sample BCG come in that might be a new iteration of the PX BCG but first, it needed some gentle testing in my Fergudishu blaster

Nothing this fun! Diagnosed a faulty power vent on an oil fired boiler, gave the guy a price to replace it and he opted to stay cold lol. Then jackhammered a laundry room floor open to repair a broken copper water pipe below the slab. Not a fun day but it was a lucrative one. That Bosch Brute doesn't come out of the truck cheap. I would still trade places with you for a few hours anytime lol...

Finally finished my lightweight, CQ HD build, big thanks to vladtepes, who helped answer more questions than I care to admit lol. And to Steve from Monmouth Arms, I just have to say, if I wasn't there to witness it I would never have been able to tell where he pinned the brake, impressive work. Just need to get some more rail panels and I think I want to change the location of the rear mount for the sling to a magpul asap. Maybe a possible cerakote job in the future.

Here she is...

IMG_20150122_1324202_zpscd6790bc.jpg

IMG_20150122_132603_zpse96dba43.jpg

Spikes Lower

Joe Bob LPK

Geissele SD-E Trigger

Crosshill Technologies XSR-15 Ambi Side Charging Upper

Spikes 14.5" Lightweight Barrel - Mid length

Lantac Dragon Brake

Noveske NSR 13.5"

Aimpoint Pro

Troy Flip Rear - DD Fixed Front BUIS

Vltor Stock w/Carbine Buffer

Inforce light w/Impact Weapons Offset Mount

Viking VTAC Sling

Magpul RSA w/Paraclip

Hogue Grip

Weighs in at 7lbs 6oz.

Think thats it lol.

Finally finished my lightweight, CQ HD build, big thanks to vladtepes, who helped answer more questions than I care to admit lol. And to Steve from Monmouth Arms, I just have to say, if I wasn't there to witness it I would never have been able to tell where he pinned the brake, impressive work. Just need to get some more rail panels and I think I want to change the location of the rear mount for the sling to a magpul asap. Maybe a possible cerakote job in the future.

Here she is...

Spikes Lower

Joe Bob LPK

Geissele SD-E Trigger

Lantac Dragon Brake

Noveske NSR 13.5"

Aimpoint Pro

Vltor Stock w/Carbine Buffer

Inforce light w/Impact Weapons Offset Mount

Viking VTAC Sling

Magpul RSA w/Paraclip

Hogue Grip

Think thats it lol.

gun looks great!

Here she is...

Spikes Lower

Joe Bob LPK

Geissele SD-E Trigger

Lantac Dragon Brake

Noveske NSR 13.5"

Aimpoint Pro