Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

StriderTB, is that CMORE optic the polymer or metal model? And how do you like it? I've seen it a couple times in the past, and read a few things online in passing-- but I've never had the opportunity to actually ask someone how they liked it.

And nice looking M4gery, nick. Any plans for an optic? If so, what were you thinking?

StriderTB, is that CMORE optic the polymer or metal model? And how do you like it? I've seen it a couple times in the past, and read a few things online in passing-- but I've never had the opportunity to actually ask someone how they liked it.

And nice looking M4gery, nick. Any plans for an optic? If so, what were you thinking?

It's the polymer version. Works well enough but you have to be careful not to get it muddied up or you'll block the projected dot. Since my AR is primarily for target shooting it's not really an issue.

The vert foregrip is a bit goofy, but I got it in a combo with the TLR-1 for a decent price. The TLR-1 is for my CZ75 SP-01.

Striders' gun has a cool feature where in the case of a bad guy sneaking up behind him, he has the ability to launch the forward assist rearward with just about the same velocity and accuracy of the stuff that exits the barrel. :lol:

Here's some photos of my new upper on my old lower. Was taken from my iPhone as my old camera decided to stop working after its vacation to the Bahamas. I will get a better res picture sometime in the near future.

Specs:

BCM 14.5'' bbl w/ perm attached Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake

BCM BCG

Smith and Wesson MP15 lower, stock parts.

Sully Stock w/ Tango Down PR-16A4 sling attachment

DD Omega 7.0 w/ CAA VFG (used as a hand stop)

PIG MK-1 sling

BCMGunfighter CH w/ Mod-4 (medium latch)

Magpul MBUS rear sight

DD off-set light mount w/ Surefire G2

EOTech 517.A65

Magpul PMag (from AnA) 15-rd in 20-rd body

On order: Redi-Mag and Magpul BAD lever

I knew you would say something about the CAA VFG, Pete! Its the reason why I included the hand-stop comment, haha. A few times a week, I consider either putting the AFG back on for another shot or ordering a KAC hand-stop... but I can never get myself to do it considering the CAA does the job for a third of the price of the KAC!

I'm skeptical about the Redi-Mag, and if anything it'll require months of training to get comfortable with it (in combination with the BAD lever). I know its bulky, but I didn't feel like spending $90 more on the version Blue Forces Gear sells (which is the skeleton version of the Redi-Mag). But if I can get use to it, its a weight worth having on the system.

:lol::lol: I couldn't let it slide! But I'm just busting your balls. VFG is not something that I would consider a critical part of the system.. so it's ok to skimp there a little ;) I think the new magpul moe vfg is gonna sell awesome because of the price and the fact that you can cut it down to whatever size you want.

I'm very curious to see your thoughts on the redimag once it's installed.

Nicely done, Ben. But, CAA on a BCM? tsk tsk :p Seriously tho, excellent blaster.

What? You are defenitly the resident AR boss! You or bbk, or both.

What what? :lol: I just like ARs... I'm learning like everyone else :)

I'm no expert either. I would bet the majority of people on this forum could better describe how and why the AR works, and its other intricacies, far better then me. I'm just more familiar with its manipulation-- though no expert there either. I do enjoy discussing them though... absolutely great systems.

As for the Redi-Mag, thinking ahead here, I might be forced to push my HWS up on my rails to counter-balance the weight... not sure how I feel about that since I have one of the beefy HWS systems (we'll see). IMO, its a great add-on if a person can learn how to use it, especially in an HD situation. I know the chances of something happening is slim, and I know that if something were to happen why would I need two magazines... but considering extenuating circumstances, like mag failures and whatnot, redundancy is as important as being prepared-- and this might help. I'll type something up after I get it and get some time with it.

Decided to join in on the AR fun.

Picked this up today! M&P15ORC

While I was at it, I got a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 and a flat-top riser.

Picture905.jpg

I'm very new to ARs but my plan involves:

New handgrip

New Handrail

Bipod

New Trigger guard

BUS and or a Green Laser

BTW S&W currently has a promo for 5 free mags with a new purchase of any M&P 15.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomContentDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&content=755503&sectionId=10002

Nice jobs Maks. I saw the pics from the weekend and was jealous. I've always liked them and was looking them over yesterday. They're just a little too pricey for me. :handgestures-thumbup:

They really are not that bad.... Sig had a rebate on them, $300.... so a model like mine could be had for $1100 or so. I do not know if the rebate was extended.