Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

008ae02ecba9b748f8e0cac66e60ff6c.jpg

Never ending project. Just swapped the stock, installed Gisselle SSA-E trigger and lightened her up a bit with a new rail, swapped the Eotech for aim point, Troy irons, BCM upper and BCG, Battle comp 1.5 and spikes lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you are shooting a lot of standing/kneeling position and/or "CQB" type stuff with stock shortened and the rifle in closer to your body, the more vertical angle of the BCM Gunfighter grip is waaaaay less fatiguing than an A2 or MOE. The angle of the BCM grip mimics the natural position of your wrist and doesn't force it into a weird wrist-rolled-forward position that makes you want to chicken-wing your elbow when the stock is short.

If you are shooting a lot of prone, or if you always run the rifle with an A2 stock or fully extended carbine stock, you are probably better served with the MOE.

If you are shooting a lot of standing/kneeling position and/or "CQB" type stuff with stock shortened and the rifle in closer to your body, the more vertical angle of the BCM Gunfighter grip is waaaaay less fatiguing than an A2 or MOE. The angle of the BCM grip mimics the natural position of your wrist and doesn't force it into a weird wrist-rolled-forward position that makes you want to chicken-wing your elbow when the stock is short.

If you are shooting a lot of prone, or if you always run the rifle with an A2 stock or fully extended carbine stock, you are probably better served with the MOE.

Eloquently said, HE. I love the BCM (Mod 0 for me, please) on my carbines, but didn't care for it on my A4. Swapped that one back to the A2 grip.

Looks great ! What pistol grip is that ?

It's a Wilson combat which is a BCM with their logo in it. Gus modified it with stippling. Here's the original.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat_BCM-Starburst-Gunfighter-Grip-Black/productinfo/TR-GRIP-BLK/

This has FDE, coyote brown, desert tan, believe it or not there is foliage green in the mixture.  

If you are looking to replicate your pitbull burnt bronze may work.  I have another Wilson Combat in burnt bronze I can take of photo of for you or of course you are welcome to come look at it person to see if the color is what you want. 

I had cerakote send me the swatches to check out and I ordered burnt bronze multi regional earth and black graphite. They seemed to match up the best. But once you start to delayer, the colors blend together unless you completely remove the coat on top. So it's interesting to know what colors were used with the "weathered" style pattern.

My idea was to base coat with burnt bronze, and then do a dusting of MRE, and finally do the brindle black stripes. I would be doing the weathering between coats to simulate the fur.

Wooops.  Sorry for the gigantic pic.  Just opened an imgur account and trying to figure out how to reduce pix sizes!

9eKJmWwh.jpg

I think that did it.  Build is PSA Stainless Freedom "everything but the lower" kit.  I added their enhanced trigger, which is every bit as good as the ALG ACT at $40 less, an Ergo grip and a Troy Medieval Brake.  Then I rattle canned it w. Rustoleum Camo paint and a sea sponge.