Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Pic of just and upper. I'm changing my rifles around a bit.

BCM 16" middy

PWS 556

Dennys Gun Heavy Duty BCG

Eotech 552

XS Big Dot Front sight

MI Fixed BUIS

Streamlight TLR-1 (LED) on a piece of pic rail bolted and epoxied to the top hand guard.

tlr1.jpg

DSC_2193a.jpg

It will probably end up with a BCM Mid-length upper... but we'll see.

Nice looking. I have a BCM 16" Middy and love it. Make it happen. Get a PWS 556 comp to go with it, and never look back.

I've been going back and forth with a lot of different ideas, but the BCM middy always ends up at the top of the list. PWS FSC556 is a definite! Have one on my DD M4.. it's great. Prob gonna order the BCM this week.

Nice choice on the TRL-1. I just mounted one on my DD M4 as well.

here is my first ever AR, Stag model 2

IMG_0137.jpg

and my close quarter AR, Noveske N4 Recce (20 rounder blocked for 15)

IMG_0016.jpg

Hey engineerjet, can you post a side profile picture of the Stag Model 2 and the M4? I was looking at those particular muzzle break and wanted to see how it looked. I really want to see them up close and how they look on the rifle.

I did go, and i was very pleased with the AR. Although it was so windy (headwind no less), the targets were folding over and stuff was blowing off the table and people shooting .22's were having hte bullets turn around and return to sender before reaching the berm, it was still a good day. I was able to get the AR to shoot 1 MOA when i really concentrated. I could get 2-3 shot groups under 1 inch at 100 yards if i didn't waver. I don't have a good rear rest for the butt stock to keep it rock solid so its hard to keep totally rock steady. I'll def try to go again and let u know when. Maybe i try to go another friday since the range was not very busy at all!

You'll definitely need a mount that is both forward offset and a riser. I found out the hard way and so this is *extremely* important for the following reasons: 1. It moves the scope up high enough so that it is properly in line with your eye when you have you cheek rested on the stock. too low and you have to smash you face down and angle to see--very uncomfortable. A secondary benefit is that you cna now easily operate the charging handle. 2. the forward offset pushes the scope forward so that when you rest you head in a neutral position on the stock, you automatically meet with the scope at a optimal eye relief. Without the offset, you will have to strain to hold your head too far back on the stock and its very uncomfortable.

I went with a cheap offset extended rail i found at midway since i already had some tall rings to mount the scope in. The rail gave me that little bit more height to be perfectly inline when my cheek is resting on the stock. The offset let me have the optimal eye relief (abt 3") for this scope.

You can see the before and after below. Without the mount, it just sucked.

So, there's a pic of a lower I put together a page or two back. Pic is a bit blurry, but here's the completed AR (yes, I like rails)

DSC_2224a.jpg

Final specs:

MMS custom lower

CMMG LPK

Magpul MIAD grip and trigger guard

Sully Stock

TangoDown PR-16A4 Fixed Stock Sling Adapter

BCM Standard 16" Mid-Length upper

Daniel Defense LITE 12" handguard

BCM BCG

PWS FSC556 muzzle brake

Daniel Defense A1.5 fixed rear sight

Daniel Defense fixed front sight

Aimpoint H1 mounted to Daniel Defense Micro mount

Steamlight TLR-1

Tango Down QD stubby vert grip

Obligatory disclaimer: brake is perm attached and magazine is perm blocked to 15 rounds

• Like 1