Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Haven't shot it yet but I tried dry firing it last night. Compared it to my stock PSA trigger - the pull is a lot lighter and crisper.

Cool, the ACT is on my "not so short", short list!

Proceeding to blow my bank account on a PSA middy build as I type :)

Just built the lower and attached the upper. Man i was intimidated about putting the lower together but it was pretty friggin easy to do. I think i want to change the grip but def need to add some sites and optics now.

post-1292-0-70649700-1345595428_thumb.jpg

Stag Model 8 Piston.

Just installed Magpul CTR Stock with VLTOR Mil Spec Buffer tube.

Spikes Tactical T2 Heavy Buffer and spring.

Samson Quad Rail.

Magpul MOE Pistol Grip and Foregrip.

Enhanced Trigger Guard

Magpul Pmags

Magpul ASAP plate

BCM Gunfighter

POF Roller Cam Pin

Primary Arms Red Dot Sight

397334_1730899290387_1255055746_n.jpg

I have since replaced the MBUS with Troy battle sights, put an Aimpoint cover on the reddot sight, added a Magpul vertical foregrip, and added two more sling attachments and a Magpul tactical sling. Maybe I need to take a new picture.

Edited by TheDon

I built an AR because they can be lightweight accurate guns.. I had one before.. an M&P15.. it was just ok... the idea was to put together an AR that was everything I wanted.. was as light as possible.. and was as accurate as I can afford.. this was the outcome..

the trigger is Geissele dynamic super enhanced.. it is the most amazing thing ever..it is smooth.. it is light.. and it corrects the problem that I create of jerking the trigger.. I will be buying one for my 308 AR as well..

at my range there is a steel plate at approximately 275 yard.. (they claim 300) but it is a little short.. it is like Q target size or possibly smaller (I was being lazy and didn't feel like walking up to check it.. lol)

anyway my buddy has this hunting rifle with a magnified scope on it and is all amped about showing me... crack.. miss.. crack... miss.. I am like I am gonna hit it with my 14 in AR.. hes like yeah.. right...

bang.......... ting.. bang....... ting.. without very much effort at all we were both able to hit it pretty consistently.. with a red dot & 3x magnifier

inside 100 yards.. the gun is fast... scary fast.. I can send strings of rounds almost like a paintball gun..

the super light trigger and mid length gas system are a NASTY combination (good nasty)

I love my AK.. really love it.. but if I had to pick ONE gun.. this would be it..

I built an AR because they can be lightweight accurate guns.. I had one before.. an M&P15.. it was just ok... the idea was to put together an AR that was everything I wanted.. was as light as possible.. and was as accurate as I can afford.. this was the outcome..

the trigger is Geissele dynamic super enhanced.. it is the most amazing thing ever..it is smooth.. it is light.. and it corrects the problem that I create of jerking the trigger.. I will be buying one for my 308 AR as well..

at my range there is a steel plate at approximately 275 yard.. (they claim 300) but it is a little short.. it is like Q target size or possibly smaller (I was being lazy and didn't feel like walking up to check it.. lol)

anyway my buddy has this hunting rifle with a magnified scope on it and is all amped about showing me... crack.. miss.. crack... miss.. I am like I am gonna hit it with my 14 in AR.. hes like yeah.. right...

bang.......... ting.. bang....... ting.. without very much effort at all we were both able to hit it pretty consistently.. with a red dot & 3x magnifier

inside 100 yards.. the gun is fast... scary fast.. I can send strings of rounds almost like a paintball gun..

the super light trigger and mid length gas system are a NASTY combination (good nasty)

I love my AK.. really love it.. but if I had to pick ONE gun.. this would be it..

Well if it shoots half as well as it looks (which is sounds like it does) I like it.

I am currently building AR clones numbers 4 and 5 (one of which is my first midlength gun) and have plans in mind for a dedicated .22LR build for number 6. I might have to build yet another one after that with that type of look to it, I really like the midlength upper wrapped in MagPul furniture with the Dyna Comp on the end, and that AR15.com lower with the ambi bolt release is way cool, I think I need to have one of those as well... LOL

OK, it's official, I'm addicted.

What Streamlight is that? I need one for my M&P and 870. Does it have a remote switch?

It's a Streamlight 88850 Polytac LED Flashlight, $30 or so. No remote switch. With the way I hold the rail, I use my thumb to turn it on/off.