Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Finally had a reason to take some photos...

Spikes Jolly Roger Lower

Spikes Enhanced LPK

Magpul CTR

Spikes ST-T2 buffer

BCM SS410 16" Midlength 1:8 w/ IonBond and 5.56 NATO USMC SAM-R Match Chamber

BCM BCG

BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle

Spikes 9" SAR Rail

Vortex Viper 2-7x BDC on Burris QD PEPR (also have Primary Arms Multi Red Dot)

ARMS 40-L BUIS

AR-15%2520-%25201.JPG

I was playing around with my wife's camera equipment (she a pro photographer) and took this shot of my Spikes Tactical AR... The sun was too bright, so there's a lot of contrast... Next time I'll just have her take the pictures... I'm sure she'll do a lot better! LOL!

TonyST-AR1.jpg

Actually, I like the way it came out. Hard shadows, well depicted parts, etc... Looks nice.... Then there is always Photoshop... :)

I was playing around with my wife's camera equipment (she a pro photographer) and took this shot of my Spikes Tactical AR... The sun was too bright, so there's a lot of contrast... Next time I'll just have her take the pictures... I'm sure she'll do a lot better! LOL!

TonyST-AR1.jpg

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Am I the only one that hates the look of full length rails (that go all the way past where a front sight post would be up to almost the end of the barrel/start of the muzzle break)? It looks both clumsy and heavy. Also, what extra function does it have? I'm assuming it serves some purpose I'm not thinking of. I suppose if you have super long monkey arms it would be a big help.

With that said, all these photos are making me want to build another AR. Damn you all and your sexy rifle photos!

Am I the only one that hates the look of full length rails (that go all the way past where a front sight post would be up to almost the end of the barrel/start of the muzzle break)? It looks both clumsy and heavy. Also, what extra function does it have? I'm assuming it serves some purpose I'm not thinking of. I suppose if you have super long monkey arms it would be a big help.

With that said, all these photos are making me want to build another AR. Damn you all and your sexy rifle photos!

Longer sight radius. Also looks cool!

After posting, I picked up on the longer sight radius. That certainly makes sense, particularly for those who are not using optics/using fixed sights. I kind of feel dumb for not realizing that when I posted originally.

It depends on the build... Mine has a lightweight pencil barrel and a very lightweight rail, so it doesn't feel heavy at all. My rifle is a little over 7 lbs, with optics. I am also a big & tall guy, so the long rail is more comfortable for my long arms. Also like the longer sight radius and just plain think the long rail looks badass... So it's aesthetically pleasing to me :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I don't care for the full length handguard at all, especially when its all rails. I actually like the look of a short guard with maybe half rails and the contour of the barrel. Pretty much like my diamondhead v-rs or the RRA Operator style

Another? At least you have one. Best I can do is read this thread and drool on my keyboard until my budget allows. Jealously tastes.. bitter..

A longer handguard serves two purposes. The first is the longer sight radius. The second is better control over the muzzle in both climb as well as lateral movement for engaging multiple targets such as when performing a box drill. You can "drive" the muzzle end more precisely and faster than if your supporting arm was in close such as that required by a carbine length handguard.

Longer sight radius. Also looks cool!

Also allows you to brace on a port/prop/whatever without burying the whole gun in the port or leaning on the barrel. It also allows you to have good form with your grip and still have some stuff mounted out front if you aren't squat and short.

The second is better control over the muzzle in both climb as well as lateral movement for engaging multiple targets such as when performing a box drill. You can "drive" the muzzle end more precisely and faster than if your supporting arm was in close such as that required by a carbine length handguard.

Yes, good point which I neglected to mention in my previous post. I do place my hand all the way towards the end of the handguard for that exact reason. I can transition faster and more precisely from target to target this way.

A longer handguard serves two purposes. The first is the longer sight radius. The second is better control over the muzzle in both climb as well as lateral movement for engaging multiple targets such as when performing a box drill. You can "drive" the muzzle end more precisely and faster than if your supporting arm was in close such as that required by a carbine length handguard.

This!!!

8126027842_916e1907a6_c.jpg

Almost finished for now - Stag 8

Aimpoint PRO red dot

Harris bipod

Magpul 15/20 Pmag

Samson drop-in quad rails w/ergo rail covers

Bravo BCM charging handle mod 4

POE roller cam pin

Magpul MOE vertical grip

Hogue rubber pistol grip w/storage

Geiselle SSA trigger

Magpul enhanced trigger guard

Vltor RE-1 extension tube

Magpul CTR stock

Very nice.... But you have them comfy on the couch and you didn't even have the decency of offering them all a beer? They deserve it... ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

Very nice.... But you have them comfy on the couch and you didn't even have the decency of offering them all a beer? They deserve it... ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

Can't...they're bad drunks....couple a shots in 'em and they start firing off at the mouth!

Lol, good one.

Can't...they're bad drunks....couple a shots in 'em and they start firing off at the mouth!

Typos courtesy Apple...