Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Taking a break from all the anxiety-inducing legislation talk, so i figured i'd post an update on the carbine.

I got the Magpul XTM Hand Stop kit a couple of weeks ago and i'm getting used to it. I like it a lot more than the AFG, because i would choke up on it anyway and only use the front portion. Way better than using a vertical foregrip as a reference point. I feel like i can get closer to the bore this way and be able to control the rifle a little more. Right now, i'm running it so my support hand index finger is on the front part of hand stop, and the knife edge of my palm is resting on the rear. I'm liking it a lot, even though i'm only 100 rounds or so in on this setup.

3caf2e3a1c4cdc4f81e0226f294f4270_zps213e202a.jpg

6edc7e53bbe56acd63b6f0f9eaf3cc15_zps01970323.jpg

Taking a break from all the anxiety-inducing legislation talk, so i figured i'd post an update on the carbine.

I got the Magpul XTM Hand Stop kit a couple of weeks ago and i'm getting used to it. I like it a lot more than the AFG, because i would choke up on it anyway and only use the front portion. Way better than using a vertical foregrip as a reference point. I feel like i can get closer to the bore this way and be able to control the rifle a little more. Right now, i'm running it so my support hand index finger is on the front part of hand stop, and the knife edge of my palm is resting on the rear. I'm liking it a lot, even though i'm only 100 rounds or so in on this setup.

3caf2e3a1c4cdc4f81e0226f294f4270_zps213e202a.jpg

6edc7e53bbe56acd63b6f0f9eaf3cc15_zps01970323.jpg

Doesn't the cap on your optic get on the way if you flip up your rear sight?

Doesn't the cap on your optic get on the way if you flip up your rear sight?

Not at all, the pivot point for the sight clears it with no issues. The end of the cap is about a half inch away from it.

I am curious though, what light is attached to that switch?

Just a standard Insight M3X. I'm trying to justify swapping out the head for the LED version.

Think this is the most recent one...

IMG_0542.jpg

Spikes M4 upper with Adams Arms piston kit (installed by Spikes). Lower was a stripped DPMS, which I picked up prior to the 2008 election.

The change since that picture is the Rainier Arms ambidextrous charging handle... which I really like.

Chris, that magpul front sight isn't made for a gas block rail, and it's backwards.

What optics are you running on the bottem one?

It's not a magpul sight. Midwest industries hk style. It goes on backwards so it can fold to the front. If it folded to the rear it would hit the handguard.

The bottom one is the vortex sparc

It's not a magpul sight. Midwest industries hk style. It goes on backwards so it can fold to the front. If it folded to the rear it would hit the handguard.

The bottom one is the vortex sparc

thanks for clarifying, love you

A couple of mine...

Colt MT6400R with Colt/Rogers stock, EGW brake, and TA01NSN ACOG. My 'do it all' ranch rifle.

Colt MT6700 lower with PSA Govt profile CHF barrel, and EGW brake. Man, I forgot how much Iove a 20" rifle.

ADCO did the thread/pin weld on both my 6400R's and my 6400. They did an outstanding job and turned around quickly.

I asked on the forums and I'm leaning towards sending it to ADCO to get it done once my surefire brake gets in (which has been taking forever)

can you tell me the price?

I think my brake was $30 to pin/weld

Yeah, it's +55 for the SF brake, still puts the total at $145 + shipping otherwise. Little bit more than what you paid originally, but I appreciate the fact that they realize there's a difference between indexed and non indexed brakes.