Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

My first AR10 Build:

Mega MKM Maten platform
ALG trigger
PRS stock
Atlas bipod (got it because it was available on the Sample list or it was going to be a Harris)
Aadmount
SWFA 3-15x42 scope (had a fixed 10x on the rifle, but treated myself, hence the reason it's not painted)
All JP internals (22" 1/10 barrel, brake, bolt, bolt carrier, buffer, trigger spring, etc....)
Tab Gear RAS sling (Cascadia mount for the stock, Noveske mount on the keymod)

Paint - Monmouth Rattle Can, LLC haha

post-6516-0-27373400-1385572329_thumb.jpg

post-6516-0-62598100-1385572348_thumb.jpg

As always, have to attach a range report.  I'm performing an OCW test here and the load needs tweaking. All squares are 1", shot at 100 yards, prone with a bag rest under the butt stock, shot via bipod on cement. The load in progress:

- 175g Sierra HPBT kings
- Varget powder (charges listed above squares)
- CCI 200 primer
- Virgin Winchester brass
- 2.800 OAL
- Loaded and prepped with Lee equipment, dies, and turret press (used as a single stage loader)
- I pulled the third 43.2 shot so that's why there's 4 for that group.

- Consulting with Newberry, next test will have OAL tweaks with a 43.5g charge

- Once the load is developed, groups will tighten and will be a sub 1/2" MOA rifle as long as the idiot (me) behind the trigger does the job.

Hope to shoot this at "The Cup" soon.

My first AR10 Build:

Mega MKM Maten platform

ALG trigger

PRS stock

Atlas bipod (got it because it was available on the Sample list or it was going to be a Harris)

Aadmount

SWFA 3-15x42 scope (had a fixed 10x on the rifle, but treated myself, hence the reason it's not painted)

All JP internals (22" 1/10 barrel, brake, bolt, bolt carrier, buffer, trigger spring, etc....)

What barrel did you go with?  The grouping are pretty good.  I have the Maten set without the handguards.  I'm using factory ammo (CBC) which is probably why it is not grouping well.

My first AR10 Build:

Mega MKM Maten platform

ALG trigger

PRS stock

Aadmount

Very nice, how do you like the Mega upper/lower? I have heard nothing but good about them and am trying to decide on building a bolt or another semi. Love the paint too.

damn Vlad....damn that is nice....what light is that?

inforce from impact weapons components.. owned by a great guy... great light.. I replaced all of my surefire units with it.. extremely light weight and ergonomic...

new look on that gun over the next month or so.. have a new rail in the mail and waiting on a new product from Noveske.. 

=  ) 

My first AR10 Build:

Mega MKM Maten platform

ALG trigger

PRS stock

Aadmount

I'd pay you to paint mine given how this one looks.

I've just started my LR308 build and wanted to use the Maten upper/lower kit but the backorder was too long.  I've a matched DMPS set with charging handle and BCG and a Rainier arms select barrel.  

Awesome looking rifle and I hope it shoots as well as it looks.  

I cannot even comment on Vlad's rifle the jealousy would show in every word!  :)

nice, what's the price cause I don't see it on the site? unless I'm just blind tonight..haha

Here is one. They have 2 other models that are programmable or IR

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/inforce-wml-white-light-momentary-only/

My first AR10 Build:

Mega MKM Maten platform

ALG trigger

PRS stock

Aadmount

That is my next project. I can't wait to start an AR10 build. I would like to go with the Mega, but they seem to be a long wait. Is th DMPS a good build? I would like to have a billet upper and lower.

That is my next project. I can't wait to start an AR10 build. I would like to go with the Mega, but they seem to be a long wait. Is th DMPS a good build? I would like to have a billet upper and lower.

I just saw a vendor on AR15 who has Maten matched upper, charging handle, lower and monolithic rail for $837.

edit:

here is this add:

http://www.tieronearms.com/MEGA-MKM-p/mkmambi2.htm

The MKM Maten is a great set.  As soon as Mega made it available for sale/order last December, I jumped on it.  Had to wait 8 months for delivery, but welI worth it.  My buddy just picked up a MKM set inside of a week wait.

As far as shooting it, it's great.  The rifle will easily be sub 1/2" MOA and the weight distribution  to shoot off a bipod is no problem. 

I need a bigger range, the 300 meter line at CJRPC is just too easy :)  Going to have a buddy make up some swinging 3" targets and have some fun (may just shoot at old tennis balls hanging from a string).

I'd pay you to paint mine given how this one looks.

I've just started my LR308 build and wanted to use the Maten upper/lower kit but the backorder was too long.  I've a matched DMPS set with charging handle and BCG and a Rainier arms select barrel.  

Awesome looking rifle and I hope it shoots as well as it looks.  

I cannot even comment on Vlad's rifle the jealousy would show in every word!   :)

The painting is very tedious and time consuming.  If interested, shoot me a PM and I can see what I can do for you.  The pics doesn't really do the rifle justice and have painted 3 rifles, shotgun, and holsters in the same fashion.

Ypl7fa5l.jpg

xR2s66al.jpg

eWUBXW4l.jpg

wnLwYx5l.jpg

This is my latest build.  I got the kit from PSA: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ptac-16-m4-1-7-5-56-nato-melonite-yhm-diamond-rifle-kit.html.  The comp is a YHM Phantom and was done by remixer (awesome frigging job).  I have about 1000 rounds through it trying to break it in.  The gun just feels good in my hands.  I took it to the GFH Urban Carbine 1 course and it just felt good to use.  The recoil is light and I could pretty much empty a magazine and make sure they were all body shots.  Definitely a upgrade from my last AR15.

Ypl7fa5l.jpg

xR2s66al.jpg

eWUBXW4l.jpg

wnLwYx5l.jpg

This is my latest build.  I got the kit from PSA: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ptac-16-m4-1-7-5-56-nato-melonite-yhm-diamond-rifle-kit.html.  The comp is a YHM Phantom and was done by remixer (awesome frigging job).  I have about 1000 rounds through it trying to break it in.  The gun just feels good in my hands.  I took it to the GFH Urban Carbine 1 course and it just felt good to use.  The recoil is light and I could pretty much empty a magazine and make sure they were all body shots.  Definitely a upgrade from my last AR15.

were you at the class on the 24th? which guy were you?

Regrets on my first build:

1)  the Mako grip color does not match better with Magpul FDE.   I love the grip shape and feel but the color bothers me.

2)  Wish I knew more about free float rail sizes and barrel nut nuances?  I ordered a complete upper and wanted a "non-quad" rail, but I would have liked it more streamlined.. like the Midwest Industries says there is only 1.5 inches in diameter.  that's way thinner than mine.

3) I will probably wind up lengthening the fixed stock.

4) back to free floats..  when I finally got mine I was sort of bummed how monolithic the size of them was vs how they looked in other pictures.. (or at least mine).  I wanted something to break up the color.. right now I have ladder covers screwed directly onto the handguard,  yes kind of retarded they are there with no pic rails, I like the look, but definitely not normal.  I may paint the rails

still need a sling.   I'm debating about where the attachment points should go.

Pics came thru small for some reason. Really can't see them... Glad ya got it done. Just paint what you don't like.... :)

Never mind, they are just taking loooong to load. Get the magpul miad grip...

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Barms,

Looks good, but a couple of quick changes you may want to think about.

Slide the BUIS back towards the CH. It will change the appearance of the size of the aperture letting you be a bit more accurate, and will "ghost" the ring a bit more for you.

Also, slide the AFG forward. It will keep you from "chicken winging" the rifle and allow you to drive the rifle faster and with more control. It also may make the stock feel like it is the right length for you.

Take the rail ladders off - it will make the handguards feel slimmer and give you a more solid grip. Like bhunted said, rattle-can it if you want color. Swapping out the AFG for a short VFG or handstop and using the "half retard" grip will make the handguard feel slimmer as well.