Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

DAMN.. Everyone has some nice rifles...!

I have an MP 15-22, would love the MP15 or similar but its out of the budget right now..

Quick question.. seems like many have what looks like a flash hider on the barrel. Can you guys let me know how that came to be? 8-)

PM me if its not public info.. I'd like to do that for my 15-22 as well....

photo1.jpg

"This is NOT a Flash Hider" :lol: awesome

Lex, like mjsemtex pointed out, what you're seeing are compensators/muzzle brakes. You would have to get the barrel of the 15 22 threaded to be able to accept a comp/brake and then have it permanently installed. Really not worth the trouble and money for a .22 IMHO

yankee hill's phantom comp / brake looks a lot like that:

"This is NOT a Flash Hider" :lol: awesome

Lex, like mjsemtex pointed out, what you're seeing are compensators/muzzle brakes. You would have to get the barrel of the 15 22 threaded to be able to accept a comp/brake and then have it permanently installed. Really not worth the trouble and money for a .22 IMHO

Ah. Thanks for the clarification guys. Makes sense, but to be honest, I can't tell the difference.. :lol: I am relatively new to all this though!

But Caine, I think you're right. Not worth the trouble for a .22..

However, I would really like to change the stock out to a Magpul MOE buttstock. Do you guys know where I can get this done where they'll remove my current stock, install the new + pin it?

Shoot PK90 (he's a member of this forum and has a sub-section in the vendor section - Arms-N-Ammo) a message about the stock. He should be able to do it. He's pretty far south, but he's worth the trip.

Quick question.. seems like many have what looks like a flash hider on teh barrel. Can you guys let me know how that came to be? 8-)

yankee hill's phantom comp / brake looks a lot like that:

YHM-28-5M1.jpg

I have one. Those pointy ends are as close to a bayonet as we're gonna get.

Nice sticks! What brand is the stock on these Ar's?

Here's my latest contribution. They are about 90% finished. Only thing left might be a magnifier in the future. Both NJ legal of course.

On the right

Noveske N4 Recce Low Profile with Eotech 512

On the left

LWRC M6A2 with Aimpoint Micro H-1

Mybabies.jpg

PK and CSJ - any more details? What brand of AR are they? I wanna say PK's is a POF piston gun.. but not positive. Diggin the green furniture on CSJs.

Franken AR. Tactic's Lower. I want to say the furniture is Calvary Arms, but I don't know. It was a good price.. so I couldn't resist. Shoots just fine :-D

It's not finished yet but I just put some new goodies on!

EoTech 560 something

ACE Skeleton Stock

Hogue molded grip

Troy Di-Optic Folding Battle Sight

Pinned 15 Round Mag.

Probably going with the 7" Omega Rail from Daniel Defense. That is unless I dremel off the front sight and put on a full length rail with front BUIS. Then I could put on a Bi-Pod. :twisted:

Holy Guacamole Chris, I just put that stock on my Stag yesterday. And I want your EOTech! Double A batteries correct?

Yes sir. AA's. I recommend the Hogue grip. It's very comfortable. Do you know how I can get the spring in the stock to stop rattling?

Holy Guacamole Chris, I just put that stock on my Stag yesterday. And I want your EOTech! Double A batteries correct?

Yes sir. AA's. I recommend the Hogue grip. It's very comfortable. Do you know how I can get the spring in the stock to stop rattling?

I have the hogue grip too. It was on there when you shot it at at the bullet hole.

Now, about that spring. Pete or BBK should be here any second to answer that. Cause ???????????????????

While I'm hardly an expert, it's pretty normal for the spring to make noise when you're firing an AR. Kind of a "sproing" sound for lack of a better way or describing it. It's a spring, and a large one at that.. it's bound to make some noise. I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

If for some reason you mean it's rattling when you shake the gun or something.. well.. again.. some noise is normal. The spring should be under tension and shouldn't move TOO much if you're just shaking the gun around.