Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

aada51.jpg

2vbtqb7.jpg

This is my first SPR which is pretty handy in tighter spaces without the can on and should be a nail driver since Odin guarantees 1MOA or better with these tubes.

Upper

Receiver: Complete PX Forged Upper Receiver

Barrel: ODIN Works 18" 3-Gun Stainless

BCG: WMD Guns Full-Auto Profile NiB-X

Handguard: 14" Centurion Arms CMR w/ bipod stud

Charging handle: Rainier Arms Raptor 

Muzzle device: AAC 51-tooth Blackout flash hider

Lower

Receiver: Midwest PX Premium Billet Lower Receiver

LPK: Midwest PX AR15 LTG LPK with and ODIN Works Extended Mag Release (XMR)

Trigger: Hiperfire 24E

Grip: BCM Mod1

Stock: Luth-AR Skeleton stock

Rifle alone weighs 7.5lbs and with the optic, 8lbs 15oz.  I haven't weighed it with the can and bipod on there yet.  

Center of gravity is just forward of the magwell without the can which is right where I like it.  My intent with this build was to have a true dual-purpose rifle that is handy enough that it can be used for close quarters while also being effective at 500 yards.  The 1.5-5 is currently for sale and I'll be replacing it with a 1-6 or 1-8 to further improve this rifle's utility in both roles.

I really like the stock.  It's like a lightweight PRS with an adjustable cheek weld and buttplate.  It weighs about 1.25lbs which is nearly half of a PRS.  It's also close to half the price.  As far as the polymer goes, it's not as smooth/uniform as what Magpul uses and reminds me more of a New Frontier Armory polymer lower which is fine since I know how much abuse those can take without failing.

Posted Image

Doing a little rethinking of my first AR. Decided to see what kind of accuracy I can squeeze out of it. Putting on the finishing touches.

Stag 3h upper with plus package (1/7 govt barrel, FA BCG, mp/HP tested)

Miculek comp

Recently acquired DD omega 7.0 rail

Nikon P223 4x12 scope

Spikes lower with spikes lpk

Magpul fixed rifle stock

Moe+ grip

Vtac 2pt sling

Things I still need to upgrade.

GI charging handle to Raptor CH

Primary arms Flashlight to surefire fury

Standard trigger to geissele ssa

A mucho improved shot of my latest rifle.  Photo by Triple Bravo who I met at SHOT.

2w3nz1d.jpg

Sweet Damn! Great product photography, and that of firearms nonetheless, gets me all giddy! That's just damn fine work ----- oh and guess the rifle's nice too (!)

aada51.jpg

2vbtqb7.jpg

This is my first SPR which is pretty handy in tighter spaces without the can on and should be a nail driver since Odin guarantees 1MOA or better with these tubes.

Upper

Receiver: Complete PX Forged Upper Receiver

Barrel: ODIN Works 18" 3-Gun Stainless

BCG: WMD Guns Full-Auto Profile NiB-X

Handguard: 14" Centurion Arms CMR w/ bipod stud

Charging handle: Rainier Arms Raptor 

Muzzle device: AAC 51-tooth Blackout flash hider

Lower

Receiver: Midwest PX Premium Billet Lower Receiver

LPK: Midwest PX AR15 LTG LPK with and ODIN Works Extended Mag Release (XMR)

Trigger: Hiperfire 24E

Grip: BCM Mod1

Stock: Luth-AR Skeleton stock

Rifle alone weighs 7.5lbs and with the optic, 8lbs 15oz.  I haven't weighed it with the can and bipod on there yet.  

Center of gravity is just forward of the magwell without the can which is right where I like it.  My intent with this build was to have a true dual-purpose rifle that is handy enough that it can be used for close quarters while also being effective at 500 yards.  The 1.5-5 is currently for sale and I'll be replacing it with a 1-6 or 1-8 to further improve this rifle's utility in both roles.

I really like the stock.  It's like a lightweight PRS with an adjustable cheek weld and buttplate.  It weighs about 1.25lbs which is nearly half of a PRS.  It's also close to half the price.  As far as the polymer goes, it's not as smooth/uniform as what Magpul uses and reminds me more of a New Frontier Armory polymer lower which is fine since I know how much abuse those can take without failing.

Geez Ty, That thing is beautiful. Had to show us the can didn't you.

Wyndham Weaponry cerakoted in graphite black and a custom gray mix.

just curious as to why the firearm is not on safe? hate for you to have a ND over something stupid like not putting the selector switch to the proper position when your not firing the gun. maybe its just me, but things like that and lack of TD in pictures really irks me.

just curious as to why the firearm is not on safe? hate for you to have a ND over something stupid like not putting the selector switch to the proper position when your not firing the gun. maybe its just me, but things like that and lack of TD in pictures really irks me.

Hammer could be down?

MWPX That MK18 upper is nice - it's the perfect length with a can on it.

The "happy pin" above the selector is pretty groovy too ;)

You consistently impress with your builds. BZ to you!

Thanks! I had a MK18 upper sitting around and figured I'd do something with it. The Mini4 can is nice but still loud indoors. There's definitely a big difference between it and the M4-2K.

I actually threw that rifle together with spare parts (with the exception of the FCG) and it's bugging the crap out of me.  It's not setup for a sling, no BUIS, etc.  I'm gonna have to "steal" some stuff from work and build it right.  I may also swap out the handguard for something lighter as the RIS II is kind of a porker (a really nicely constructed and designed porker).