Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Put this fast-action carbine together for my wife. She's got the right-handed-left-eyed thing going on so for starters we just went with a Truglo 40mm red dot. She can just pull up and sight right away without lining up irons or anything.

She's happy, and it's a nice fun short range setup.

20140913_131531_zpsac282e2e.jpg

^ of course that rifle lives in PA or another free state due to it having a flash hider

Unfortunately the flash hider was removed as well as the stock being pinned now that I moved to Nj. These were taken when I was still in Pennsylvania.. Hopefully my career allows me to move back in the future.

Put this fast-action carbine together for my wife. She's got the right-handed-left-eyed thing going on so for starters we just went with a Truglo 40mm red dot. She can just pull up and sight right away without lining up irons or anything.

She's happy, and it's a nice fun short range setup.

20140913_131531_zpsac282e2e.jpg

is that a poly lower assy.

Shout out to mah boi, High Exposure!  I built the upper and tossed it on my Mk18 MG host lower to see how it feels.

2hi89hd.jpg

I call it my "Escape from Fergidishu" rifle :rofl: 7.5" nitrided 300BLK barrel with an AAC 762SDN6 fullsize suppressor inside the Seekins MCSR V1 handguard.

This upper weighs and has the same OAL as the DD Mk18 w/ AAC Mini4.  However, there is a world of difference when shooting it.  Even with the Mini4 can, the Mk18 is loud enough that it requires hearing protection.  With off the shelf 220gr Remington ammo, I could shoot the 300BLK upper without ear protection semi-comfortably.  I wouldn't want to do it indoors as it's not movie quiet unless I absolutely had to.  I'm still playing with the positioning of the light.  I can move it all the way forward so the bezel is even with the end cap of the can and there's zero shadow cast by the can.  Where it is now, there's an extremely slight shadow and I'd estimate losing 1-2% of usable light as it sits now.

Once my buddy finishes up his design for the PDW-type stock that works with the standard carrier, I'll build out another lower for the 300BLK upper.  I'm going to beat on it a little and if all goes well, it'll replace my Mk18 that rolls around with me everywhere.

Oh and don't mind the chromed screws.  The MCSR was a gift from a friend and didn't come with the mounting hardware so I sourced the screws locally based on length and thread pitch.  I'm a little ghetto like that :rofl:

My 2 AR's. The Windham Weaponry was Cerakoted in a custom Cobalt and my newly aquired Spikes AR was just Cerakoted in a custom Sniper Green.

They look very nice.  Who did the Cerakote?

Shout out to mah boi, High Exposure! I built the upper and tossed it on my Mk18 MG host lower to see how it feels.

2hi89hd.jpg

I call it my "Escape from Fergidishu" rifle :rofl: 7.5" nitrided 300BLK barrel with an AAC 762SDN6 fullsize suppressor inside the Seekins MCSR V1 handguard.

This upper weighs and has the same OAL as the DD Mk18 w/ AAC Mini4. However, there is a world of difference when shooting it. Even with the Mini4 can, the Mk18 is loud enough that it requires hearing protection. With off the shelf 220gr Remington ammo, I could shoot the 300BLK upper without ear protection semi-comfortably. I wouldn't want to do it indoors as it's not movie quiet unless I absolutely had to. I'm still playing with the positioning of the light. I can move it all the way forward so the bezel is even with the end cap of the can and there's zero shadow cast by the can. Where it is now, there's an extremely slight shadow and I'd estimate losing 1-2% of usable light as it sits now.

Once my buddy finishes up his design for the PDW-type stock that works with the standard carrier, I'll build out another lower for the 300BLK upper. I'm going to beat on it a little and if all goes well, it'll replace my Mk18 that rolls around with me everywhere.

Oh and don't mind the chromed screws. The MCSR was a gift from a friend and didn't come with the mounting hardware so I sourced the screws locally based on length and thread pitch. I'm a little ghetto like that :rofl:

That is sweet. I assume it's a 2 stamp gun? SBR + suppressor?

is that a poly lower assy.

It's an all-in-one poly lower, stock, and pistol grip...a CAV15 by AWAKS.  I wanted to check one out and the wifey is not going to put the thing through hell, so I figured it would hold up. It's very solid, light, and was ok to deal with doing the lower build. They come in lots of colors too, but she just wanted an all-black rifle, so that's what we have.

I put a PSA standard lower parts kit in it and got a carbine buffer and spring from AWAKS.