Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Posted this in the NJGF Photo threat, but being an AR I then realized it should be here:

Latest franken-AR build. So far she has exceeded my expectations.

Spikes lower, Anderson upper, ALG ACT FCG, PSA lower build kit, Magpul furniture (stock permanently altered to be fixed), Midwest Industries Keymod rail, YHM slant brake, YHM gas block, BCM BCG, Faxon 14.5" QPQ Nitrided 4150 barrel (brake is pinned and welded to over 16.5" barrel length), KNS anti rotation pins, BCM keymod forgrip. Lower and upper are Magpul FDE Cerakoted

AR_MI.jpg

Dan, how to you like the Anderson upper?  I used their lower for my only build and it was very good quality.  Curious about their uppers.

You know, I took a chance on it. For the money I thought it was too good to be true. Lo and behold, it is a huge bargain and great value. No complaints. It does what it is supposed to do. I couldn't find anything that looked like cutting-corners compared to my BCM or Spike's upper receivers.

I have a few hundred rounds through it now, no problems. Will it frag itself to death 2000 rounds from now, I have no idea, but I seriously doubt it. If it was shyte , I like to think I'd know by now.

It seems the Anderson guys are making a good affordable product that so far seems to be able to keep up with the big boys in the industry. Until we hear about long term results, the jury is still out, but so far thumbs up from me.

Nice rifle SuperSixOne

What stock do you have on that?  I like the looks and its obviously fixed length ;)

SuperSixOne (my friend), took the suggestion from me on the stock setup.

It's an ACE ARFX-E entry stock with a DPMS 1 inch extension to give it a little extra length. 

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

I wrapped mine in black Paracord  :icon_e_biggrin:

Hi TR20,   That is the ACE FX - Entry length stock with a DPMS spacer.   Mad comfortable and perfect length of pull.

Forgot to read?     :facepalm:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/10555-ar-pics-lets-seeum/?p=955539

In other news, here's where my build is at currently. About to start #2 as an spr type build. 1f2e33ab10958a129c2303b174014507.jpg7cc9ab82fb146edbe3736d43df437984.jpg3eed1c722e7e24bdd3bb78f905747bca.jpg

Same as I previously posted a few months back, just changed the stock and changed all the furniture to black. 

Spikes Lower

ACE ARFX-E Stock w/ DPMS Spacer (Paracord wrapped)

BCM 14.5" Midlength Upper

Aimpoint PRO

Love the ACE stock with paracord wrapped around the buffer.  If you don't mind, I might steal your idea, if I go with that stock on a future build?

BTW, "EFFD" = East Franklin FD?  A guy I knew used to volunteer out of that station, if so...

Eric

Love the ACE stock with paracord wrapped around the buffer.  If you don't mind, I might steal your idea, if I go with that stock on a future build?

BTW, "EFFD" = East Franklin FD?  A guy I knew used to volunteer out of that station, if so...

Eric

Maybe.......shoot me a pm haha.

Anderson lower and PSA classic complete lower kit and PSA Freedom Upper 1/7 twist on a 16" SS barrel. aim surplus nickel bcg. Built and done for $518 excluding mags and ammo. I was aiming for $500 but missed PSA free shipping by 1 day.imagejpg1.jpg

It definitely looks worth the extra 18 bucks. Good job.

2d7eihz.jpg

Customer commissioned MATEN build.  Waiting on more BCGs before test firing and shipping it out.  Weighs 7lbs 8oz as it sits now so should be around 8.5lbs with the BCG installed.  This one's meant for hog hunting so weight was a concern as was accuracy.  He opted for a Mega Arms barrel which has a <1MOA guarantee with match ammo.

I might be building a couple more for another customer who had an issue with some hogs running off after being hit with a 55gr bullet out of an AR15.

My .308 got some updates

3cIHPKZ.jpg

Blackout changed out for a Brakeout 2.0, added an IWC keymod handstop, and not pictured but a JP low mass carrier with RCA adjustable gas key.

The recoil impulse is that of a carbine gas AR15 shooting hot 5.56.  There's virtually zero muzzle rise and the recoil is nowhere near as harsh as that of a .308.  This rifle recoils less than my SCAR 17.  It didn't come cheap as I spent a few hundred on the brake, carrier, and gas key but it's worth it.

My .308 got some updates

3cIHPKZ.jpg

Blackout changed out for a Brakeout 2.0, added an IWC keymod handstop, and not pictured but a JP low mass carrier with RCA adjustable gas key.

The recoil impulse is that of a carbine gas AR15 shooting hot 5.56.  There's virtually zero muzzle rise and the recoil is nowhere near as harsh as that of a .308.  This rifle recoils less than my SCAR 17.  It didn't come cheap as I spent a few hundred on the brake, carrier, and gas key but it's worth it.

Ty,

How much would this build cost if you were to sell one identical sans optic and light?