Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

MWS got a 20" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel.  No muzzle device as the suppressor for this one is a direct thread SilencerCo Harvester

2iXVR4B.jpg

Ty, I have been thinking about 6.5 Creedmore for my next build. Will that barrel work directly with a .308 upper?

Ty is that an LMT barrel, or did you have one made to fit? I am thinking of a 6.5x47 semi.

It's the factory LMT barrel. Current production ones are eight twist rather than the nine twist that they originally produced.

Ty, I have been thinking about 6.5 Creedmore for my next build. Will that barrel work directly with a .308 upper?

Negative. The barrel extension is proprietary and only works with LMT's patented MRP quick change system.

Just got a portion of my latest build back from Backwoods. Just needs a barrel, hand guards, and BCG/CH. So far it's looking.... interesting...

Gonna have MOE OD hand guards, and I may get the A2 front sight/gas block done in FDE. When this rifle is done, it's either gonna look awesome... or really stupid. lol

XKd8tMdl.jpg

It's the factory LMT barrel. Current production ones are eight twist rather than the nine twist that they originally produced.

Negative. The barrel extension is proprietary and only works with LMT's patented MRP quick change system.

Thanks Ty, I did not necessarily mean the LMT barrel but will a 6.5 Creedmore barrel work with an AR.308 or AR10 upper? Sorry I should have been more clear in my question.

I'm out at the ranch in Texas this week. Was hoping to get some shots of the Colt 6944 in action, but it's been raining non stop since we got here.

Best I can do for now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihuhipb7vkzl3pk/photo%20mar%2022%2C%2007%2028%2048.jpg?dl=0

If it dries up a bit, we'll put it through it's paces and take some pics.

I'm out at the ranch in Texas this week. Was hoping to get some shots of the Colt 6944 in action, but it's been raining non stop since we got here.

Best I can do for now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihuhipb7vkzl3pk/photo%20mar%2022%2C%2007%2028%2048.jpg?dl=0

If it dries up a bit, we'll put it through it's paces and take some pics.

Very nice.  I really like the one-piece gas block/flip up front sight on those colts.

Did your colt come with a free float rail?

Colt's 694x series of rifles has a monolithic upper receiver, which free floats the barrel. The rail is one continuous piece, making an excellent optics optics platform. Extremely rigid.

They are very accurate rifles.

I don't care about the rain. Can hardly walk around out there due to all the mud. My roads have turned to absolute hell!!

That totally changes things then.  If you can't safely maneuver, then you made the right choice.

Tungsten Cerakote, 

Had it done by GSD Coatings in Keyport on Route 35. Excellent work and I highly recommend them!

I had them do the upper, lower, handguard and also my G35 slide and they have a decent turnaround.

I had them do my Wilson trim rail in FDE. Very nice quality job.

My brand new build (Top) alongside my workhorse BCM (Bottom)

Hope to get some sub-moa groupings out of this bad boy. Once I get a decent optic.

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

Love the color.
What hand guard is that and how long is it?

My brand new build (Top) alongside my workhorse BCM (Bottom)

Hope to get some sub-moa groupings out of this bad boy. Once I get a decent optic.

I like the new piece.  Kinda looks a lil like a MK 12 SPR. 

What are you gonna use it for?  Precision rifle?

Eric

I like the new piece.  Kinda looks a lil like a MK 12 SPR. 

What are you gonna use it for?  Precision rifle?

Eric

It started off as just a paper punching bench gun, but now I am leaning towards throwing a 1-6x on there and going a 3 gun type route. 

My latest projects from that pic came from finishing my wife's gun. I had hers almost done. It was just missing a barrel. I got ahold of a m&p-15 sport upper receiver and was using that but decided that would be better in the future for a pistol. The lack of forward assist and dust cover cuts down on weight. So I gave her the m&p-15orc upper I had on my Orc. I then ordered myself a new m&p-15 upper. I wanted to keep iron sights for mine anyway. Here are the finished products

Smith and Wesson m&p-15

Magpul fcs

Magpul prs pad

Magpul bad lever

Magpul moe grip

Magpul mbus

Magpul enhanced trigger guard

Magpul SL handguard

Vltor buffer tube

Spikes t-2 buffer

Bcm mod 4 charging handle

Yankee hill phantom brake