45Doll

Colorado Goes For Broke On Gun Ban

“This bill uses the most insane parts of the laws from California and New York,” Taylor Rhodes, executive director of Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (RMGO), told The Epoch Times. “This doesn’t just ban many commonly owned pistols and shotguns; this will ban almost 70 percent of all firearms overnight.”

Colorado to Consider Its Own Gun Ban (theepochtimes.com)

• FacePalm 2

F*n imbeciles. They know damned well (or should) that, even if passed by the Colorado Senate and signed into law, virtually that entire load of crap is certain to fail Bruen/Heller scrutiny, and probably sooner, rather than later (SCOTUS). What a monumental waste of time (of course, how much can a dip$h*t's time be worth, anyway?) and energy. I passed through Colorado a few times in the 70s, and visited some clients there in the 80's & 90's, and, even by the end of that period, I had the impression that it was politically fairly conservative (with a few exceptions such as Aspen). WTF happened?

10 hours ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

F*n imbeciles. They know damned well (or should) that, even if passed by the Colorado Senate and signed into law, virtually that entire load of crap is certain to fail Bruen/Heller scrutiny, and probably sooner, rather than later (SCOTUS). What a monumental waste of time (of course, how much can a dip$h*t's time be worth, anyway?) and energy. I passed through Colorado a few times in the 70s, and visited some clients there in the 80's & 90's, and, even by the end of that period, I had the impression that it was politically fairly conservative (with a few exceptions such as Aspen). WTF happened?

I believe democrats take pride in passing unconstitutional laws that may only last a few years.

19 hours ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

I believe the conventional answer (which admittedly I have not researched) is that Californians, sick of the far left policies in their home state, moved en masse to Colorado, and ruined that state by bringing their same awful politics with them.

• FacePalm 1

It seems pretty simple to me.

Many politicians are lawyers. They push these dumb laws through, full in the knowledge that they will be challenged in court.

That means their lawyer buddies get a lot of money - none of them work for cheap.

The Judges get paid to listen to the BS.

The lawyers in the AG's office get paid to defend the BS.

Our lawyers get paid to challenge the BS.

It is a huge money making scheme that benefits no-one but the lawyers.

...and lawyers wonder why they are one of the most despised professions.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

It seems pretty simple to me.

Many politicians are lawyers. They push these dumb laws through, full in the knowledge that they will be challenged in court.

That means their lawyer buddies get a lot of money - none of them work for cheap.

The Judges get paid to listen to the BS.

The lawyers in the AG's office get paid to defend the BS.

Our lawyers get paid to challenge the BS.

It is a huge money making scheme that benefits no-one but the lawyers.

...and lawyers wonder why they are one of the most despised professions.

...and they get to tell all their lefty voters how they're "protecting" them from the mean old black gunz, and they're  "fighting the NRA". 

Its "all for the children" of course.

2 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

I believe the conventional answer (which admittedly I have not researched) is that Californians, sick of the far left policies in their home state, moved en masse to Colorado, and ruined that state by bringing their same awful politics with them.

Same in Washington State,  mass migration of Californians in the 80s had the initial effect of driving up real estate prices, and eventually flipped the state from redish to blue.

2 hours ago, leahcim said:

Same in Washington State,  mass migration of Californians in the 80s had the initial effect of driving up real estate prices, and eventually flipped the state from redish to blue.

I have a sneaking suspicion that something similar could happen (if it isn't already) to Florida, as well, That wouldn't be a good thing.

1 hour ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that something similar could happen (if it isn't already) to Florida, as well, That wouldn't be a good thing.

Sort of. Mass migration to FL the past few yrs has almost doubled real estate for sure. But it also heavily favored the Republican registration machine so much that for the first time 2 yrs ago the registered R's passed the D's and the margin keeps growing. Btw the state legislature- gov, house, senate are all owned by the R's roughly 2-1, the opposite of NJ. 

7 minutes ago, siderman said:

Sort of. Mass migration to FL the past few yrs has almost doubled real estate for sure. But it also heavily favored the Republican registration machine so much that for the first time 2 yrs ago the registered R's passed the D's and the margin keeps growing. Btw the state legislature- gov, house, senate are all owned by the R's roughly 2-1, the opposite of NJ. 

That political skew is good as long as it lasts. I know about the real estate increase. I had been considering FL as a potential long-term alternative if I completely give up on NJ. Now I'm leaning more toward SC. I know some folks with places on the coast a bit away from the elite areas, and they like it very much. And real estate in those places seems to be holding reasonable prices, at least compared to FL.

5 minutes ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

That political skew is good as long as it lasts. I know about the real estate increase. I had been considering FL as a potential long-term alternative if I completely give up on NJ. Now I'm leaning more toward SC. I know some folks with places on the coast a bit away from the elite areas, and they like it very much. And real estate in those places seems to be holding reasonable prices, at least compared to FL.

Fun fact. Registered R's currently outnumber the D's by almost a million in FL. Considering R's surpassed D's only a few yrs ago I'd say that's a huge swing and this state is gtg for a while. Just not with realestate....

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

We're looking at TN. Although real estate has also increased there too, as well as number of people moving there.  Constitutional carry and arming teachers seems like very strong 2A. protection

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 7:14 AM, Old Glock guy said:

Yep.  That's why Arizona is more purple than not these days.  Monroe County Pennsylvania also became a New York City suburb around 20 years ago and has been a pretty blue county ever since.  In 2020, when Pennsylvania started "locking down" counties for Corona virus, Monroe was one of the first six, which I attribute to its suburban status.

• Agree 1

These Libtards really are morons. They leave a screwed up state and then vote for the same bullshit when they move to a state that they thought was a great place to live. "Stupid is as stupid does".

• Like 2
  • Agree 1