CMJeepster

Proposed national reciprocity... AGAIN

6 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Unfortunately you need the House, Senate, and President to be Republican in order for it to have a chance.

This one one won't go anywhere...

Well . .  In times past I'd agree. The big difference is Bruen. Now that all states and federal enclaves are moving to shall issue, reciprocity may be tolerable to the Schummers of the world. Under the right conditions and if it's bundled with something that they want, could happen. There where folks on this forum and elsewhere who where convinced carry would never happen in NJ, never. Now we have carry. We are on a winning streak, let's keep the momentum going as long as we can.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Moutinas said:

Well . .  In times past I'd agree. The big difference is Bruen. Now that all states and federal enclaves are moving to shall issue, reciprocity may be tolerable to the Schummers of the world. Under the right conditions and if it's bundled with something that they want, could happen. There where folks on this forum and elsewhere who where convinced carry would never happen in NJ, never. Now we have carry. We are on a winning streak, let's keep the momentum going as long as we can.

I'd love for it to happen, but we're talking about legislation that has to be voted on, not a Supreme Court decision that nullifies existing law because it's unconstitutional..

Many Democrats base a significant part of their platforms on being "anti gun".  You will not get enough Democrat votes to support any pro 2A gun legislation, and you will not get a Democratic President (particularly this one) to sign any pro 2A bill into law.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Unfortunately you need the House, Senate, and President to be Republican in order for it to have a chance.

This one one won't go anywhere...

We had that in 2017 and 2018, and it didn't go anywhere. There's no chance it would pass the senate now.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

We had that in 2017 and 2018, and it didn't go anywhere.

The RINOS in the senate didn't bring it up for a vote. They didn't want to be put on the spot voting no and pissing of 60% of their constituents. 

16 minutes ago, brucin said:

The RINOS in the senate didn't bring it up for a vote. They didn't want to be put on the spot voting no and pissing of 60% of their constituents. 

Exactly.

That should have pissed off ALL Republican gun owners, but it didn't.

Why?

13 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

That should have pissed off ALL Republican gun owners, but it didn't.

Why?

I'm sure it did but not enough to primary out the RINO's who tanked the bill. It was only a handful of Senators.

1 hour ago, brucin said:

I'm sure it did but not enough to primary out the RINO's who tanked the bill. It was only a handful of Senators.

It never even came up for discussion or a vote in the senate at that time. They totally ignored it, even after the House passed it.

Sadly, I think democrats are more emboldened to vote against 2A legislation.  New Jersey is  perfect example of this.  Yes, the chances of some if not most of this legislation will be found to be unconstitutional, but that won't stop them from trying, and knowing they will at least purposefully slow down the system in the process.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Sadly, I think democrats are more emboldened to vote against 2A legislation.  New Jersey is  perfect example of this.  Yes, the chances of some if not most of this legislation will be found to be unconstitutional, but that won't stop them from trying, and knowing they will at least purposefully slow down the system in the process.

They are being funded by a couple rich guys and do what they want so they get to keep their jobs….Dummies in NJ keep voting for them because they keep getting free stuff.

• Agree 3

People on the left love to compare the right to own firearms with motor vehicle licensing and registration, but they never once acknowledge that a driver's license is valid in 50 states, unlike a concealed carry permit.  (And yes, of course I know that one is a right and one is a privilege.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

This is the best version of a National Reciprocity Bill I even seen.

Residents of a Constitutional Carry State can carry in other states without a CCW., just valid ID is required.

No State laws apply to you except not allowed to carry on posted private property or State building, , state parks and such if state law prohibits.  You could carry in a Bar or have a full capacity mag under reciprocity even if State residents are not allowed. 

If you are denied your rights or arrested and win you are entitled to compensation and legal fees. This is intended to prevent Democratic States from giving reciprocity the finger and enforcing their own laws on reciprocity Concealed carriers.  Like how NY and NJ are giving Bruen the finger now.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/38/text?s=1&r=11

1 hour ago, Jfoster99 said:

This is the best version of a National Reciprocity Bill I even seen.

Residents of a Constitutional Carry State can carry in other states without a CCW., just valid ID is required.

No State laws apply to you except not allowed to carry on posted private property or State building, , state parks and such if state law prohibits.  You could carry in a Bar or have a full capacity mag under reciprocity even if State residents are not allowed. 

If you are denied your rights or arrested and win you are entitled to compensation and legal fees. This is intended to prevent Democratic States from giving reciprocity the finger and enforcing their own laws on reciprocity Concealed carriers.  Like how NY and NJ are giving Bruen the finger now.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/38/text?s=1&r=11

Dead on arrival unless Republicans have majority in the House, Senate, and a Republican President.

Period.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, 124gr9mm said:

Dead on arrival unless Republicans have majority in the House, Senate, and a Republican President.

Period.

Understood but if we ever do get reciprocity passed I have seen numerous version and this is by far the best.. 

• Like 1