10X

List of NJ Businesses posting 'No Guns' signs

TBH, I'm surprised there aren't a lot more stores, etc. that post the "no-gun" signs because they do carry the force  of law in NJ.  They do not (currently) in FL.  And that's why you don't see so many, down here. Some signs, down here, might "suggest" or "ask" you not to carry openly in their establishment.  They say nothing about concealed, as long as it stays concealed.  But the moment those signs acquire the force of law, trust me they'll be sprouting up all over the place, down here.   Just like they did in Texas and  Ohio.  They already had force of law signs in Tx (sec. 30.06 and 30.07).  But when constitutional carry was passed, they added Sec. 30.05 to cover that.

A lot of folks have been fighting for "open carry" to be included in the "Constitutional Carry" bill up for consideration now in FL. But the fear is that if it were ever included, the legislature would push for "force of law" no gun signs.   They did it before, the last time OC was brought up.  I support OC for those who want it, and it actually might even be of benefit to me as it eliminates the discretion given to LEOs when it comes to busting/harassing people for "accidental exposure" of a concealed weapon. But not at the cost of "force of law" no gun signage. And, even if it were to pass magically, I'd not use it anyway. As it stands now, I won't use the "permitless carry" being considered now, as I'll keep my CWFL.  It benefits me in re: reciprocity with other states, as well as not having to wait 3 days for an FFL delivery.

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

I expect to see them come summer in the shore towns. We still have some ass-wiped shops that post a "no mask, no enter" signs on LBI.

OTOH, NYPD is telling business owners to post signs saying, "remove mask before entering".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2023 at 9:22 PM, GRIZ said:

OTOH, NYPD is telling business owners to post signs saying, "remove mask before entering".

But… that’s discrimination…. Also OTOH, so far not placex listec with signs are placex that I would have patronized anyway (I don’t even know what Bowlero and Sam Ash are)

1 hour ago, Bellasdaddy said:

But… that’s discrimination…. Also OTOH, so far not placex listec with signs are placex that I would have patronized anyway (I don’t even know what Bowlero and Sam Ash are)

I suspect what's happening is that business owners have never seen anyone on their premises with a firearm, so they feel no need to bother putting up signs.   They've certainly never heard of anyone committing a crime with a permitted concealed weapon.  Business people need to be smarter than politicians in order to survive, so they're less likely to waste effort responding to a problem that doesn't exist.

So, carry on!

Sure, Murphy is telling businesses to put up signs, but once they've blindly voted for the D, I don't think most democrats pay much attention to him, either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bellasdaddy said:

Bolero was a film with Bo Dereck! Its Sam Ass if you hold the tip of your tongue and say it. 

image.png.563353082a64ea17e449d9d7da10cc28.png

2 hours ago, Bellasdaddy said:

Bowlero is a large chain of bowling and amusement centers and Sam Ash is a musical instrument store chain.

5 hours ago, Bellasdaddy said:

This is all places in NYC.  Got to do with masks.  I go to NYC often a d there are still so many mask wearing freaks there.

Criminals are wearing masks to commit crimes there.

Yes I get it, but NYC demanded the masks because they were soooo good and now NYC is demanding masks be removed because they are soooo bad.  Hmmmm. 

It goes on in NJ too. Walk around some of the outlets on a weekend.  Pro shoplifters galore with masks and pungent smell of weed.  Only ccw holders that jumped through all the legal hoops are the bad ones in the backward Northeast…

Bump!

I'm encouraged by how few businesses have made it onto the 'no guns' list that is at the top of this thread, but if anyone has encountered new signs, let me know and I'll add them to the list.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:11 AM, 10X said:

Bump!

I'm encouraged by how few businesses have made it onto the 'no guns' list that is at the top of this thread, but if anyone has encountered new signs, let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Paramus Park Mall, Paramus, Bergen County 3/28/23

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2023 at 11:57 AM, Alupnorth said:

Paramus Park Mall, Paramus, Bergen County 3/28/23

Big Shock There! Didn't they have a little ghetto gunfight there a few years ago or was that the Garden State Plaza mall. Anyway this is Loretta Greenberg  WEINBERG (sorry, wrong  anti-gun NJ politician) country, if you don't know who she is, she's the one that got us the "Smart Gun" law. the most boisterous anti gun person in the state  government. Luckily she retired and perhaps dead. Louis GREENWALD is the other Anti-gun crusader.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Big Shock There! Didn't they have a little ghetto gunfight there a few years ago or was that the Garden State Plaza mall. Anyway this is Loretta Greenberg country, if you don't know who she is, she's the one that got us the "Smart Gun" law. the most boisterous anti gun person in the state  government. Luckily she retired and perhaps dead.

I believe that would be Loretta "Weinberg," of Bergen County.  She's the one that was caught on a hot mike after a committee meeting, saying, "Confiscate.... Confiscate... Confiscate!"   

Give it time.  I'm sure  Moms, et. al. will be reminding all the merchants to put up "Force of law" no gun signs.   Now, whether or not they do it is a different story.   I guess it may depend on whether or not they do proper "customer analysis."  If they perceive that most of their customer bases are pro-2A, I doubt you'll see a lot of those signs.   

And, yes, I do believe IIRC, that it was the GSP mall where that little ghetto gunfight occurred.  Man... I remember when GSP was an "outdoor only" mall.

3 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

I believe that would be Loretta "Weinberg," of Bergen County.  She's the one that was caught on a hot mike after a committee meeting, saying, "Confiscate.... Confiscate... Confiscate!"   

Give it time.  I'm sure  Moms, et. al. will be reminding all the merchants to put up "Force of law" no gun signs.   Now, whether or not they do it is a different story.   I guess it may depend on whether or not they do proper "customer analysis."  If they perceive that most of their customer bases are pro-2A, I doubt you'll see a lot of those signs.   

And, yes, I do believe IIRC, that it was the GSP mall where that little ghetto gunfight occurred.  Man... I remember when GSP was an "outdoor only" mall.

Weinberg and i knew that! My fingers are stupid on me sometimes....

This is a pretty decent free IOS app for keeping track of pro gun and anti gun establishments.

People have already started add NJ locations.  The more people that use it and add locations they see the better the app gets.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/posted-list-pro-anti-gun/id530004581

• Informative 1

13 hours ago, Jfoster99 said:

This is a pretty decent free IOS app for keeping track of pro gun and anti gun establishments.

People have already started add NJ locations.  The more people that use it and add locations they see the better the app gets.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/posted-list-pro-anti-gun/id530004581

How long until Apple takes it down?  :icon_lol:

On 4/8/2023 at 1:40 PM, Downtownv said:

Big Shock There! Didn't they have a little ghetto gunfight there a few years ago or was that the Garden State Plaza mall. Anyway this is Loretta Greenberg  WEINBERG (sorry, wrong Jewish anti-gun NJ politician) country, if you don't know who she is, she's the one that got us the "Smart Gun" law. the most boisterous anti gun person in the state  government. Luckily she retired and perhaps dead. Louis GREENWALD is the other Anti-gun crusader.

Slid your anri-Semitic dig in there I see.  Not sure how ethnicity and/or religion aligns with anti-gun. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bellasdaddy said:

Slid your anri-Semitic dig in there I see.  Not sure how ethnicity and/or religion aligns with anti-gun. 

Your correct Yenta, would be a better choice. BTW I am orthodox.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bellasdaddy said:

Not sure how ethnicity and/or religion aligns with anti-gun. 

His point may be that a surprising number of people of the Jewish faith vote democrat/liberal - they seem to have forgotten something that happened in 1940s Europe ... 

See also https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2021/05/11/u-s-jews-political-views/

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, YankeeSC said:

His point may be that a surprising number of people of the Jewish faith vote democrat/liberal - they seem to have forgotten something that happened in 1940s Europe ... 

See also https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2021/05/11/u-s-jews-political-views/

That was my point without have to explain it. It makes me scratch my head. How quickly we forget!

6 hours ago, YankeeSC said:

Ironically it was Benjamin DIsraeli attributed to the quote: lies, damn lies, and statistics…

for what it's worth...home depot in lawnside, walgreens in lindenwold, and bills wonderland of pets magnolia.....all have nothing posted against guns. walmart in somerdale only asks that we not openly carry on their signage.

• Thanks 1

After a shooting in a Walmart store a while ago with a guy open carrying an AR15, , they made it corporate policy for concealed carry only in all of their stores. I don't hold that against them as they still allow and welcome concealed carry in their stores!