jm1827

Massive explosion over Montana

57 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Did they shoot down the balloon?

I don't think so, unless the 'second balloon' made it down to Montana already. The original balloon is now over Missouri.

The video showed a round smoke cloud high up from which a very long smoke trail headed downward. And it definitely wasn't a contrail. The Montana governor was just on Tucker and he's expecting a briefing shortly. But he didn't know what it was.

An ex-Airforce electronics guy explained that a balloon at 60K feet moving slowly can get much higher resolution photos and information than low orbit satellites. Not to mention the electronic tracing.

Like, uh, missile silos!

8 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

a balloon at 60K feet moving slowly they can get much higher resolution photos and information than low orbit satellites. Not to mention the electronic tracing.

If you mean they are doing a ground scan with LIDAR, that's a solid theory.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

I read a reprot last night that Route 90 in Montana was shut down, and the national guard was on scene, but yeah, nothing to see here.

Reported where?  MT DOT stays very much on top of reporting highway conditions out there--they get some of the worst road conditions in the country.   I90 didn't close yesterday, there was a lane closure Feb 3 due to a two car accident, and a bunch of high-wind advisories.   https://www.mdt.mt.gov/travinfo/alerts.aspx  I've got a good friend in Billings who is unaware of anything odd happening...other than  they all knew the balloon passed over the state.

11 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Critical thinking hats everyone.

Why do we question everything the media and internet says, but this is completely believable?

Agree. 

I would be willing to bet this type of surveillance has been going on for a very long time. 
On both ends. 

What data they are collecting, I don’t know, but we ALL engage in this. 

Im still in the ‘shoot it down’ camp, but that may be my inner red neck coming out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

What if my Critical Thinking Hat is made from aluminum foil?

8 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Then you have nothing to worry about. 
XZZ8Lg5.png

You’re in good company here.

16 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

They finally shot it down.  On it's way back to China.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-military-shoots-chinese-spy-balloon-atlantic-ocean

Did it even matter at that point? It was allowed to enter our airspace… float across numerous sensitive places capturing and possibly/likely transmitting information back throughout the journey ……only after it’s completed it job do they do something….to say they  “did something”….. maybe hunter brokered another deal between China and the “big guy” filling the family pockets once again….bigger issue ..tells the world do whatever you want and we’ll sit on our hands