1LtCAP

galaxy s10

ok....so before i go buying a new phone........

my samsung galaxy s10 took a dump last night. was scrolling missed calls, and the screen went black. no biggie, right? i rebooted. same. 'cept that it'd

flash the info that you see in the upper corners and on the lower corner. rebooted again, then it flashes my lock screen. will not allow me to get into the phone at all.

if i reboot into safemode, it does the same thing, 'cept it's in safe mode. i'm letting the battery drain to zero right now to see what that does. but i'm pretty sure i'm looking

at having to replace it. can't get another s10 very fast. and i need to have this functioning so that the care people for mom can contact me. i suppose i could put my sim

card in her phone, but then she wouldn't have anything in the house. and i still don't know how i'm gonna get my contact list and texts off of it since i can't get the screen up.

so........is there a way to save this phone? anyone had anything similar?

No idea how to fix it, but unless you disabled it, you likely have either/both a google account or samsung account tied to it, which if signed into on a new device should have things like contacts saved and automatically restored.  It might be possible that other things were also saved and could be restored.

If you are getting by with an S10 (i.e. don't want/need a flagship), you may wanna look at the Samsung A5_ series of phones, which seem to have pretty respectable specs - similar to a generation or two old flagship - with pricetags that are not absolutely insane.  Furthermore, the S23 will be out quite soon, so there may be deals on that or new old stock S22s/21s to clear them out of stock

Go to your local Boost Mobile store.  Buy a new phone for like $100 or so.  I think unlimited is like $30 or $35 a month?  They are on the Sprint & T-Mobile network.  Unless you live in the boonies your reception should be fine.  I get reception when hunting in the middle of the bonnies in PA out in the field.  2nd one is out of stock online but maybe some stores have it?  I have a two year old version of the A23 (the A21) and it's worked great.  Will probably get an A23 soon.

https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/samsung-galaxyA145G.html

https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-a23-5g.html

Either of those should suffice.  As Malice said, once you log into the phone with either your gmail or Samsung account it should move all your contacts over.  The people at the Boost Store may even be able to help you with moving your contacts and pictures over if your old phone isn't completly dead.