Downtownv

If you don't Think New Jersey Chapter of Moms Demand Action

If you believe they aren't signed up to this forum and reading a lot of stupid shit being written, you might be living under a rock!

I can assure you the not only them, but several departments in Trenton are likely monitoring this site as well.

I urge you to re-read what you may have posted and DELETE them.

What's another list? I made the county sheriff watch list because I ordered too many cleaning supplies one time.

I understand what you're saying esp when applying for permissions slips but at this point I can give a crap. If wanting to be free and doing the right thing for myself , my family and my community makes me a bad guy then oh wells. If we're all domestic terrorists then no one is a domestic terrorist.

22 minutes ago, Ferris said:

I understand what you're saying esp when applying for permissions slips but at this point I can give a crap. If wanting to be free and doing the right thing for myself , my family and my community makes me a bad guy then oh wells. If we're all domestic terrorists then no one is a domestic terrorist.

The "Mother, may I" mindset in this state has to change, but I doubt it will.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

The "Mother, may I" mindset in this state has to change, but I doubt it will.

Well seeing NJ has a history of loving tyranny,  ie support of being loyal to the Crown and not independence, it seems par for the course esp w/ our voting history. Then again elections are pretty fake in this state anyway so who knows? At this point I just accept the government views the plebs as a  problem to be dealt with and I can careless about their opinion of me,

• Like 1

This is the power of the Media we are up against:

Why strong gun laws in NJ, beyond matter

Your Turn

Brett Sabo

Guest columnist

We’ve been here before and the New Jersey Chapter of Moms Demand Action joins the vast majority of the country in saying that the federal government needs to do more.

After the mass shootings in California, we’ve now suffered 43 this year (as of Jan. 28). This is typically when the opposition cries, 'See, gun laws are useless.'

They espouse the falsehood that because Chicago has so many gun laws, yet still has so much gun crime, that’s proof that gun laws don’t work. And yet, New Jersey and California have among the strongest laws in the nation. New Jersey has a death rate of 4.9 people per 100,000 while California is at 7.8. Alternately, Illinois’ neighbor, Indiana has incredibly weak laws and has 18.4 deaths per 100,000, according to EverytownResearch.org.

The fact is state laws can only do so much if our federal laws are weak.

Measures such as a federal universal background check respect the 2nd Amendment, and would keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people. Much like we’ve done for the pharmaceutical industry’s role in the opioid crisis, it’s also crucial for us to hold gun manufacturers accountable for their marketing and advertising that doesn’t properly convey the enormous danger that comes with more guns and fewer gun laws.

Instead, makers like WEE1 have started to promote their 'JR-15', a 'child size AR15.'

We have a culture of irresponsible gun ownership in this country that’s been crafted by the gun lobby. Gun manufacturers traffic in fear, but the facts show that if guns made us safer, we’d be the safest nation in the world. Yet, here we are.

As of Jan. 26, 3,246 people have died from gun violence in 2023. Gun violence is the number one cause of death in children under 19, which is a uniquely American tragedy.

Every country deals with their citizens confronting mental illness, video games, and fractured households. To say that these are the causes of gun violence is another myth fed to us by the very people who are financially incentivized to keep things as they are.

The difference is that many of America’s legislators are beholden to the gun lobby instead of the people they were elected to protect and serve. There are more guns in America than people, and many of those firearms can’t be categorized as anything but weapons of war.

We are being gaslit into thinking that guns aren’t the root cause of gun violence. Guns yield gun violence. The people that try to sell us the lie that this is simply the price we pay for freedom are in it for no other reason than money.

One hundred people dying a day from a gun violence isn’t freedom. It’s an epidemic that won’t end until the ones holding us hostage are held accountable.

Had enough? Text 'Ready' to 644-33 and join Moms Demand Action to find out how you can join the fight.

Brett Sabo is a resident of Red Bank, New Jersey

https://asburyparkpress-nj.newsmemory.com/?token=1ec050748f38562031944a9566c77437&cnum=56669cfa-0fdc-e311-91c7-90b11c341ce0&fod=1111111STD-0&selDate=20230205&licenseType=paid_subscriber&

28 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

No mention whatsoever that these are not legal guns not legal gun owners....

Because it's not really about guns... I live near Gov Buck Teeth and some times we end up at the same eating establishments. His detail with at least 6 plain clothes troopers take up positions all over the restaurant.  He has no concern of an illegal gun owner robbing the place, car jacking him or whatever.  Illegals guns are of no concern at all for the political ruling elites.

What is of concern though are legal gun owners, and not because of guns, but because gun ownership represent independence and self determination. Big government thrives on dependents living in fear, and that's really what it all comes down too. 

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Remember - it's a publicly accessible forum.  Search Engines, MDA, State Agencies, Federal Agencies, etc - all have access.  That's why we have a couple other sections if you know what I mean.

yea, but if the mda loons are members, they can see those too....

52 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

This is the power of the Media we are up against:

Why strong gun laws in NJ, beyond matter<insert lies of choice beyond here><

that entire "article" was a nice long lie. it's difficult to believe that there are grown adults who are stupid enough to believe those lies.

5 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

that entire "article" was a nice long lie. it's difficult to believe that there are grown adults who are stupid enough to believe those lies.

I would think a VAST majority would believe this! I would bet they gained a LOT of new members, as well. 

2 hours ago, Downtownv said:

I would think a VAST majority would believe this! I would bet they gained a LOT of new members, as well. 

if the majority would believe such obvious lies, disguised as news, then we're in deeper poop than i thought

3 hours ago, Ferris said:

Because it's not really about guns... I live near Gov Buck Teeth and some times we end up at the same eating establishments. His detail with at least 6 plain clothes troopers take up positions all over the restaurant.  He has no concern of an illegal gun owner robbing the place, car jacking him or whatever.  Illegals guns are of no concern at all for the political ruling elites.

What is of concern though are legal gun owners, and not because of guns, but because gun ownership represent independence and self determination. Big government thrives on dependents living in fear, and that's really what it all comes down too. 

that's ashame. me personally? if i walked in and saw him already sitting, i'd tell the hostess or someone working there that i cannot frequent their establishment if they're gonna have lawbreakers there. if i were already seated and he came in, i'd leave a note on the table and just leave without saying anything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

if the majority would believe such obvious lies, disguised as news, then we're in deeper poop than i thought

The majority believe those lies because critical thinking has left the building. They only know what they are fed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

that's ashame. me personally? if i walked in and saw him already sitting, i'd tell the hostess or someone working there that i cannot frequent their establishment if they're gonna have lawbreakers there. if i were already seated and he came in, i'd leave a note on the table and just leave without saying anything else.

In the end you can't fault waitstaff for not discriminating against a tyrannical gopher and his whorishly dressed handler.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

yea, but if the mda loons are members, they can see those too....

I agree that anyone can be here, but I find it hard to believe that even a minority of the left, especially in New Jersey, can avoid virtue signaling and avoid getting the last comment in to try to character assassinate a post that they disagree with.

If they trained half as hard and read more about how their gun statistics look when they are broken down into factual raw data, they would either be new allies, or bigger fools of illogical thinking.

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

If they trained half as hard and read more about how their gun statistics look when they are broken down into factual raw data, they would either be new allies, or bigger fools of illogical thinking.

Moms Demand Communism and other agitation group leaders are well aware of the facts.

Only the useful idiots actually believe their organizations are about stopping gun violence or saving the planet.