RobCo

Cerakote or refinishing Bersa Thunder 380

I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 a few years ago, great gun. But, I was disappointed with the finish on it. I thought it was supposed to be Nickel like my Beretta Cheetah but when I opened the box, it looked like in the pic. Apparently Bersa calls it Cerakote Nickel but it didn't have the look I was looking to get.

My question is would it be worth having it Cerakoted in black instead considering the gun itself was only around $400 or would the cost be more than the gun itself. I've had some Cerakoting done on an AR lower by Tier One Defense and he did a great job on that. 

63b487352bf49132fbecc5dd_uc-p-1600.thumb.jpeg.556ec29a16c11cd311f1284ca3e92fd2.jpeg

17 hours ago, RobCo said:

My question is would it be worth having it Cerakoted in black instead considering the gun itself was only around $400 or would the cost be more than the gun itself. I've had some Cerakoting done on an AR lower by Tier One Defense and he did a great job on that. 

Probably not worth it.

I see plain black ones listed online under $300 so if you really can't stand what you have then consider selling it and just go out and buy a black one.

• Like 1

If the color of the gun is messing with your head, preventing you from shooting straight, then it might be worth it.  If you are hitting center mass with snoozable regularity, then leave it be.  It's a gun, not  fashion statement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

It's a gun, not  fashion statement.

Normally I'd agree with this, but I bought a compact pistol a while ago when they were getting scarce, and the frame was a HORRIBLE electric green color:

56011-DEFAULT-l.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=3561f

I thought i'd be able to ignore it, but after a couple of weeks i couldn't stand it, so I did a DIY dye job and changed it to dark grey.

It shoots MUCH better now... :)

• Haha 1