always_an_eagle

Anyone have experience carrying the old slabside?

Its been a few months for me since I got my carry permit in Somerset county back in November, the handguns I qualified with since in Somerset county, if your CCW was issued by the courts (which I was issued) I been carrying subcompact guns (S&W 642 and S&W M&P 40c) whenever and whereever I can legally. Recently, I picked up a Springfield Armory Garrison in 45 ACP and I been enjoying my time at the range with this handgun. There is a sudden urge coming over me that I should qualify with this 1911 coming up later in the month to add additional handguns to my permit since it is nice and flat, shoots very nicely compared to my CCW guns and the round is well known to be an effective fight stopper with ball and other self defense ammo (ran two boxes of critical defense and hits point of aim and no feeding issues. I already got a Galco summer comfort holster and a tenicor velo4 aiwb since I gotten used to carry aiwb. Figure I should ask fellow NJ ccw here since we all got different experiences carrying in a post Bruin NJ now. If anyone carries a government model 1911 any tips or tricks I should know?

I carry a para ordinance 1911 in 45and rria1911 in 10mm and have before the bruen ruling out of state. They are my colder weather bulkier clothing guns. The 10 is mainly reserved for areas with predators ie bears mountain lion etc. For both I use a we the people holster with claw at 430 5 o clock. a good belt is a must as it takes the weight off of you. I also have a alien gear iwb for them if you are interested in it id let my extra go for 60

49 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Its been a few months for me since I got my carry permit in Somerset county back in November, the handguns I qualified with since in Somerset county, if your CCW was issued by the courts (which I was issued) I been carrying subcompact guns (S&W 642 and S&W M&P 40c) whenever and whereever I can legally. Recently, I picked up a Springfield Armory Garrison in 45 ACP and I been enjoying my time at the range with this handgun. There is a sudden urge coming over me that I should qualify with this 1911 coming up later in the month to add additional handguns to my permit since it is nice and flat, shoots very nicely compared to my CCW guns and the round is well known to be an effective fight stopper with ball and other self defense ammo (ran two boxes of critical defense and hits point of aim and no feeding issues. I already got a Galco summer comfort holster and a tenicor velo4 aiwb since I gotten used to carry aiwb. Figure I should ask fellow NJ ccw here since we all got different experiences carrying in a post Bruin NJ now. If anyone carries a government model 1911 any tips or tricks I should know?

20230109_193603.jpg