GrumpyOldRetiree

PA permit

On 1/15/2023 at 9:03 PM, Moutinas said:

I used the Delaware County website, paid online, was able to check status online and drove out to the courthouse and get my picture taken and license laminated and issued in 5 minutes. Real easy process.

I just "visited" the Delaware County website. It specifically lists Delaware County residence as a requirement. ( https://delawarepa.permitium.com/ccw/application?permittype=new). Did they process your application despite this requirement or is this a new restriction?

Good morning,

Tried searching since I know I saw posts from people who have gotten PA carry permits once they have an NJ PTC, but can't find them. I would like to apply online to Delaware County but not sure about the no restrictions clause. On my permit, under restrictions, 'see below' and 'see court order' boxes are checked with the statement below saying 'valid only as stated on the court order for personal protection'. Has anyone applied, and received a PA PTC with similar restrictions noted?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Ben

On 2/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, Bzerk said:

Sent an email application in last Friday for PA non resident got the approval 1 hr and 20 mins later and pick it up tomorrow . It was ready for pickup Monday but with work and life I made the appointment for tomorrow.

I've looked for an online / email application for PA non-resident and they all say that they DO NOT / HAVE STOPPED issuing non-resident carry permits. Can you post the link you used?  THANKS!!

18 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I've looked for an online / email application for PA non-resident and they all say that they DO NOT / HAVE STOPPED issuing non-resident carry permits. Can you post the link you used?  THANKS!!

Pike County:  

extension://elhekieabhbkpmcefcoobjddigjcaadp/https://cms7files.revize.com/pikecountypa/Document%20Center/Courts%20&%20Law/Sheriffs%20Office/LTCApplication10.6.22.pdf

Delaware County:  Firearm Licenses - Delaware County, Pennsylvania (delcopa.gov)

Lehigh, but I don't know if anyone has applied there:

extension://elhekieabhbkpmcefcoobjddigjcaadp/https://www.lehighcounty.org/Portals/0/PDF/sheriff/LicenseToCarry_Application.pdf?ver=2017-02-15-104250-863

------

Philadelphia, Bucks, Berks, Montgomery and Northampton don't issue to non-PA residents.

On 2/20/2023 at 6:26 PM, Bzerk said:

Pike County was a breeze. Google their County website , go to licenses . 

I filled out and emailed the application last night and got an email this morning to set up an appointment to pick up the permit on March 7th.  They take the payment of $20 when you pick it up and take your picture.

Has anyone gotten their PA LTC permit from either Lehigh or Monroe PA counties?  Monroe you can email the form.  Can you do the same for Lehigh?  Monroe requires paperwork notarized by NJ CCW issuing authority. Mine was issued by county court.  It will take forever if I need to have them send something notarized back.  Does Lehigh have that same requirement?  Does Lehigh mail out the LTC permit, or do you have to go back there to pick it up?  

No experience with those two counties but why not try Pike county?  I emailed the form with photos of my NJ PTC and drivers license. Got an email back the next day to call to make an appointment. Drove to the sheriff's office 4 days later, got my photo taken, paid the $20 bucks and walked out with a PA LTC in less than 10 minutes and no notarization required from NJ.  If Pike is too far for you, Delaware and York county are just as good as Pike county. 

• Informative 1

18 hours ago, Alupnorth said:

Good afternoon folks,

While I am waiting for my out-of-state NJ permit (4 months and counting) I just applied on line to Pike County, PA.  Will let you know what happens. 

Update on my Pike CCW application:  Received an email at 10am that the photos of my licenses were not good enough.  (They really were not good.)  I just sent .jpg copies to them.  Will update when I hear from them again. 

3 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

This is how it should be in every state!

Ref. Pike County PA.  Agreed.  17 hours from application to invite to make appointment.  I now have an appointment on 3/14.  They said bring $20 and my drivers' license, and have a nice day.  The best part of it is that they communicate.  How difficult would it be for NJ (4+ months now waiting) to at least acknowledge my application and give an estimate of the time line for the process. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, trnq said:

NY resident here. Received PA non-resident permit on the spot, 30 minutes in and out. NJ took 5 months...

What county did you go to? I went to Lackawanna twice but during COVID they stopped doing non resident and their website hasn't been updated.

27 minutes ago, brucin said:

What county did you go to? I went to Lackawanna twice but during COVID they stopped doing non resident and their website hasn't been updated.

It was Centre county. None of the bordering counties accepted out of state applicants or had an issue with my NY permit having restrictions at the time. Called all sheriffs based on distance and Centre was the closest that would take me. Was a bit of a drive, but I don't mind driving through some beautiful free country. 

Edited by trnq
Had more to say

6 hours ago, trnq said:

It was Centre county. None of the bordering counties accepted out of state applicants or had an issue with my NY permit having restrictions at the time. Called all sheriffs based on distance and Centre was the closest that would take me. Was a bit of a drive, but I don't mind driving through some beautiful free country. 

I've been there twice for my wife's permit. Very pleasant experience The first time she had to go to Center Co because she had the sporting restriction on her NY  permit and Lackawanna would only issue to unrestricted permit holders. The restrictions were removed but during the scamdemic Lackawanna stopped doing non resident permits so back to Center Co.

It is a nice area to visit and both times we made it a long weekend and stayed at the Gennitti Hotel in Williamsport PA and visited the local breweries and wineries.

I'm going to try Pike Co when I need to renew my PA permit next year as it's quite a bit closer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bennj said:

Hey maintainenceguy,

Please let us know how you make out with Delco. I applied online on Friday.

I applied  online  at Delco on 2-20 hadn't  heard anything  so i called Delco Sheriff  office  on 2-28 spoke to a very nice lady who said there processing fast as they can and they  were  up to people  who had submitted  on 2-12 she said hang in there it woud just be a couple of weeks  I'll  post when i hear back from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

15 hours ago, Wrigs4095 said:

I applied  online  at Delco on 2-20 hadn't  heard anything  so i called Delco Sheriff  office  on 2-28 spoke to a very nice lady who said there processing fast as they can and they  were  up to people  who had submitted  on 2-12 she said hang in there it woud just be a couple of weeks  I'll  post when i hear back from them.

Thanks for the info, waited close to six months for NJ, figure I can wait a few weeks or so for PA.

On 3/2/2023 at 6:59 AM, Wrigs4095 said:

What was the application process there? Went to the Delco site and there was nothing specific for a non resident application.

27 minutes ago, MB24 said:

What was the application process there? Went to the Delco site and there was nothing specific for a non resident application.

Yes they bury the fact that they issue non resident  permits just fill out the online application  you have to take a picture  front and back  of your  drivers license  as well as your  NJ carry permit you'll  be able to upload  those pics while your completing application  and you only  need two references at the end you pay 20.00 plus 5.00 online convenience fee and tax comes to 26.13 then you be able to print out competed application  as you need to take  it along with  you  when  your contacted to make your appointment. Just take your  time  going through it maybe 30 minutes  it's  basically  one page just a couple things on the back if  I remember  correctly  don't  have it in front  of me now .

For those of you considering applying to DelCo, I suggest getting the lead out. I applied today and this was on the second page I saw:

Effective April 1st, 2023 out of state applicants will not be accepted online. Out of state applicants must apply in person at our office. Failure to comply will result in a withdrawal of your application and a loss of processing fees.

Also, when doing the conviction checklist, the last question asks if you are out of state. Clicking yes brings up the following, which is hopefully just a website programming issue:

image.thumb.png.508d19aa3c18769beecf9b53d55d97cf.png

• Informative 1

On 3/3/2023 at 9:14 AM, Wrigs4095 said:

Yes they bury the fact that they issue non resident  permits just fill out the online application  you have to take a picture  front and back  of your  drivers license  as well as your  NJ carry permit you'll  be able to upload  those pics while your completing application  and you only  need two references at the end you pay 20.00 plus 5.00 online convenience fee and tax comes to 26.13 then you be able to print out competed application  as you need to take  it along with  you  when  your contacted to make your appointment. Just take your  time  going through it maybe 30 minutes  it's  basically  one page just a couple things on the back if  I remember  correctly  don't  have it in front  of me now .

tried applying to Delaware county online. filled everything out and it wouldn't let me get past putting nj as the state .

1 hour ago, MB24 said:

tried applying to Delaware county online. filled everything out and it wouldn't let me get past putting nj as the state .

A friend of mine in DE just had this happen today. I applied to Delco Friday and it went through. Guessing they moved up the 4/1 deadline. :(

Filled out the application for Delco (3/13) and got to the end where it asked if you are a resident of another state. Checked yes and it said you must apply in person and couldn't go further. Called the Delco sheriff department and they said they know of no issues with out of state applications and to call   "Permitium". Thats the company handing the applications. Can't get through to them. So can someone that has gone through Delco explain what they did to get through. The sheriffs department said nothing about moving up the April 1st deadline.

• Informative 1