GrumpyOldRetiree

PA permit

1 hour ago, MB24 said:

Filled out the application for Delco (3/13) and got to the end where it asked if you are a resident of another state. Checked yes and it said you must apply in person and couldn't go further. Called the Delco sheriff department and they said they know of no issues with out of state applications and to call   "Permitium". Thats the company handing the applications. Can't get through to them. So can someone that has gone through Delco explain what they did to get through. The sheriffs department said nothing about moving up the April 1st deadline.

It looks like Permitium has implemented the new non resident rule that states non residents have to apply in person. It was supposed to start 4/1 as posted on the permit page but people have had this happen since the weekend.

Applied for my Pennsylvania non resident carry permit on the Delaware County  sheriff  website on 2-20 was notified this past Friday  that I was approved  and to come pick it up  went  there today and got my picture taken and then handed an already  laminated  permit  in less than  5 minutes  really nice people  over there in Delco sheriff  office . I think  as of now you have to come apply in person  so it will be on extra  trip but you will still get your permit  provided  you already  have the Jersey  PTC.

1 hour ago, Dude,Sweet said:

It looks like Permitium has implemented the new non resident rule that states non residents have to apply in person. It was supposed to start 4/1 as posted on the permit page but people have had this happen since the weekend.

I finally got through. Still taking online applications. At the end of the application when it asks if your from out of state check yes. Then in the explanation put  " Submitting 3/13/2023, prior to the April 1,2023 cut off."   Of course change the date to your application date. You can then proceed to pay. 

Here's the actual transcript from the chat with Permitium "           

One moment. I am looking into this for you

thank you

type in the explanation:Submitting 3/13/2023, prior to the April 1 2023 cut off.                                                      

• Informative 1

19 minutes ago, MB24 said:

I finally got through. Still taking online applications. At the end of the application when it asks if your from out of state check yes. Then in the explanation put  " Submitting 3/13/2023, prior to the April 1,2023 cut off."   Of course change the date to your application date. You can then proceed to pay. 

Here's the actual transcript from the chat with Permitium "           

One moment. I am looking into this for you

thank you

type in the explanation:Submitting 3/13/2023, prior to the April 1 2023 cut off.                                                      

Oh nice! This is good info. 

After waiting almost 6 months for my NJ permit, having 2 permits being screwed up, 1st permit had the wrong SBI #, and then the "corrected" permit stated that it was "only valid while on duty with Aaron Security" so that one had to go back to the court for correction also, it was so refreshing to deal with Delaware County. I applied online 2/24 and received an email 3/20 stating I was approved. Picked up my DL sized, laminated permit today in less than 10 minutes. The lady said I would have heard from them a lot sooner, but they have been flooded with NJ non-res permit applications. The woman I dealt with was very pleasant, unlike the gruff guy I saw at the Mercer Couny Court House.

• Informative 1

On 3/1/2023 at 3:54 PM, brucin said:

What county did you go to? I went to Lackawanna twice but during COVID they stopped doing non resident and their website hasn't been updated.

I'm sorry.  I have been away and have not checked the forum.  I went to Pike County.  I completed the on-line application and received an email returned withing 24 hours inviting me to call them for an appointment.  That was March 1, and they gave me an appointment for March 14.  I was in and out in 5 minutes.  They took my photo and issued me the permit, nicely laminated.  They were very pleasant.  They are downstairs in the court house and no cell phones are allowed in the building.  https://www.pikepa.org/courts___law/sheriff_s_office/index.php

Actually it was March 15.  Due to the snowstorm here, I called and postponed it one day.

Edited by Alupnorth
corrected date

Picked up my PA permit from Delco. Folks there couldn't have been nicer! And there were super busy too. If you go, know that parking there really stinks. I was able to find an empty lot a few blocks away (Jasper Street I think).

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

5 hours ago, ALAN553 said:

Snail mailed application to pike county Monday, they called today, when would I like to come visit? Just bring 20 bucks and a drivers license, and we will throw in the picture and lamination….

Yep - I emailed mine to them - they said "Call us and schedule" - Went there with my wallet and $20 and was in and out with PA LTCF in no time flat.  The security guard at the metal detector at the front said "oh - sheriff's office is downstairs - take a left, then take the stairs or elevator to the basement.  Went right up to the window, gave 'em my name and the $20 cash and they took my pic and printed it and laminated it.  Done.

• Informative 1

Received my NJPTC on Monday.  On Thursday afternoon I submitted my application to  Pike County.   NINE MINUTES later, they replied stating I can call to schedule a day to come in to pick it up.  Will be driving there tomorrow morning (Monday). Amazing service. 

• Like 3

I know this is an older thread, but I just got my PA carry permit from Pike County Sheriff.

PAINFULLY simple process.

Applied online late Wednesday evening.  Notified of approval Thursday morning.  Picked up the permit today (Friday) at noon.

NJ needs to change shit up...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

I know this is an older thread, but I just got my PA carry permit from Pike County Sheriff.

PAINFULLY simple process.

Applied online late Wednesday evening.  Notified of approval Thursday morning.  Picked up the permit today (Friday) at noon.

NJ needs to change shit up...

How does one go about applying for non-resident PA carry permit from the Pike County Sheriff? If you don't mind me asking.

On 1/26/2024 at 6:11 PM, diamondd817 said:

How does one go about applying for non-resident PA carry permit from the Pike County Sheriff? If you don't mind me asking.

https://pikepa.permitium.com/ccw/start

Click the link to the application. Fill out the required info, upload pictures of you NJ carr permit and DL, and pay. 

You'll get an email from the Sheriff Department when your app is approved, and you then have to schedule a date/time to pick up the permit. You have to pick it up within 6 days of approval. 

Couldn't be easier. 

8 hours ago, ALAN553 said:

I got a call back from pike county the same day I submitted and picked it up the next day.  They take your picture and laminate it.  In and out in 10 minutes. 

How do they get out of following this??

Pikesapp.jpg

4 hours ago, ALAN553 said:

It’s a non resident permit, I guess if you already have a NJ permit it’s expedites the process

A few kind and pro 2A Sheriffs departments in PA offer the PA CCW permits to NJ residents who have their NJ CCW.  You can't get a PA CCW without showing your NJ permit. Remember that those PA County Sheriffs are NOT obligated to issue permits to non residents!  Most counties in PA will NOT issue non-res CCW!  

Please take the time to thank the Sheriff who issued your permit! They deserve our thanks and gratitude! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartyZ said:

I emailed my application to Pike county at 10:32 this morning, received an email at 10:35 to call them to schedule an appointment.:icon_e_surprised:

SUPER easy process.

In the confirmation mail I received there was a link to online scheduling, so I didn't even have to call.