leo-польд

Ammo, not good news :(

50 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Aside from the BS law. Didn't FFLs already record handgun amuntion sales? Now there is just a stupid fee and it's reported in FARS. 

Yes, FFLs in NJ have had to record handgun ammo purchases on paper for many years. A PITA. That collection of paper was to be kept in case NJSP ever needed to inspect it. To my knowledge, they never did at our shop.

The new FARS system went live this week without any notice. This electronic collection scheme will not only add $1.50 to each transaction, but it will add 2-3 minutes to each transaction. That may not sound like much time, but at a busy shop, this will be a huge nuisance.

I believe this electronic scheme only applies to ammo leaving the building. If you are shooting it on location, it does not need to be recorded. For those that shoot first and then buy ammo after the session to resupply stash, I now highly recommend buying ammo going into the range.

• Informative 3

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

...But it's for the children.

Are you referring to those children who have had sex education in 1st grade and then have top or bottom surgeries when they're 15?

Or do you mean the dying breed of kids who know the difference between boys and girls and spend "G-d Worship" time with their families?:priest::rabbi:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I had heard several things that Bob Viden was against NJ gun owners being able to CCW. 

Absolutely correct!  Viden is a close Friend of Sweeney and Bob said in many interviews, "New Jersey should never have CCW because it would become like the wild, wild west if it did"!

• FacePalm 2

12 hours ago, Tunaman said:

if there ever was anarchy,  I know my police would be there to help...

Unfortunately after the 2020 Covid tyranny and BLM riots I have serious doubts about that. 

In my area the cops rarely even make traffic stops anymore. Many cars with all the windows blacked out, trucks with steam roller tires and loud exhaust tearing around, cops just smile and wave.