1LtCAP

holosun he407

wouldn't ya know it? sometimes i'm a dumbass. this is on my g19 that i carry(where/when legal of course). the other night, i noticed

that the glass was dusty. so what does my dumb a$$ do? i stick my finger in there with a section of my tee shirt. and proceed to

scratch the glass. dammit. the scratches are below the dot, but it feels like they're still scattering some of the green. i'll know for

sure on my next range trip...but i strrongly suspect i just ruined it.

also, if i put this in the wrong place(more than likely that i did, lol) feel free to move it.

Perhaps a lens scratch repair kit would fix it, maybe worth looking in to.  If you wear glasses, wherever you get them, or any decent pharmacy should have it.

2 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

“Cat Crap” does a pretty good job cleaning up light scratches like that.

You have got to be cat shitting me, for real, cat shit?  Is that some kind of operator lingo for toothpaste,.  Please tell me it means toothpaste.

22 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

It won’t fix it, but you’ll have something to clean it with that won’t scratch it. 

gotcha. i hate it when i do stupid stuff like this. i've cleaned my eye glasses so often with the tail of my teeshirt, i figured i could do the same here.

6 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

“Cat Crap” does a pretty good job cleaning up light scratches like that.

i just had to google that. never heard of it before. it looks like it's a paste?

Just now, Scorpio64 said:

Perhaps a lens scratch repair kit would fix it, maybe worth looking in to.  If you wear glasses, wherever you get them, or any decent pharmacy should have it.

You have got to be cat shitting me, for real, cat shit?  Is that some kind of operator lingo for toothpaste,.  Please tell me it means toothpaste.

i think this is what he's talking about.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ONRP8C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2RNBXAVQ4OOHG&psc=1