Downtownv

So you got you PTC... question

6 minutes ago, ESB said:

ARMSLIST - For Sale: SPEER GOLD DOT LE DUTY G2 9MM 147 GRAIN JACKETED ...

Are these not considered hollow points?  

From Speer's website:

"Instead of a large hollow-point cavity, Gold Dot G2 has a shallow dish filled with a high-performance elastomer. On impact, the material is forced into engineered internal fissures to start the expansion process. The result is extremely uniform expansion, better separation of the petals, and more consistent penetration across barrier types through full-size handguns."

I believe that is the case with most of the "duty ammunition" or at least what ppl are using for the CCW ammo in the Peoples Republic of NJ.

https://www.speer.com/ammunition/gold_dot/gold_dot_g2/19-24226.html

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

The cavity is filled... It's a pretty grey area round...

Is that enough to be considered a HP though?

"it depends on what the meaning of ‘is’ is"?  

To be safe if I carried, which I'm not (yet), I would probably stick with one of the three listed above in the email or the ones being recommended by NJSP or perhaps an attorney.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

The cavity is filled... It's a pretty grey area round...

Is that enough to be considered a HP though?

I wonder how many people swung from a rope becuase they were in a "Gray Area"

Also most laws are Narrow Black and Narrow White with HUGE gray areas in between... NJ Is especially good at intentionally doing that.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:23 PM, SmokenClay said:

I mainly carry Critical Defense but I have 1 handgun that does not feed them reliably so ball for that one.  Be sure to test the ammo actually works 100% in your particular handgun.

Try polishing your feed ramp.  Helped my 40 cycling semi wad cutters

2 hours ago, Vdep217 said:

Try polishing your feed ramp.

Been there done that no joy.  The finicky firearm in question is a Springfield Ronin EMP 3".  It just seems to be a combination of things being a geometry problem with the steep climb, pressure of a full mag and the bullet shape.  It doesn't hang up every time and only when using the slide release on a full mag, sometimes.  Enough to make me worry about a mag change.  I guess I could down-load the spare mag to see if that works any better but haven't tried that yet.

11 minutes ago, SmokenClay said:

Been there done that no joy.  The finicky firearm in question is a Springfield Ronin EMP 3".  It just seems to be a combination of things being a geometry problem with the steep climb, pressure of a full mag and the bullet shape.  It doesn't hang up every time and only when using the slide release on a full mag, sometimes.  Enough to make me worry about a mag change.  I guess I could down-load the spare mag to see if that works any better but haven't tried that yet.

Try different mags?  Had issues with my Kimber 1911 9mm and I changed to Mec Gar mags and they feed much better.

19 hours ago, SmokenClay said:

Where were you guys this morning?  I literally just got home from the range not but an hour ago.  I will certainly try different mags next week and see how that works out.  Thanks!

If you do find some mags that work, get a micrometer and check the spacing of the feed lips. You may be able to tune the problem mags so they work properly.