By few you mean 3-4? How big is your waist?

Is this for training, fighting, LARPing, competition?

Theres lots of factors to consider, and after wearing a belt all day, reality of what you need to accomplish am your take may be different than what you think you want now.

Carrying gear is a scaled effort with different levels or lines of gear from whats in your pockets to what’s in your car and everything in between.

A standard belt for fighting is:

3 mags (usually a combo of 1 pistol and 2 rifle or 2 pistol and 1 rifle mag), IFAK w/TQ, and a holster. Maybe add a dump pouch, multitool, snivel pouch, and/or fixed blade knife. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

By few you mean 3-4? How big is your waist?

Is this for training, fighting, LARPing, competition?

Theres lots of factors to consider, and after wearing a belt all day, reality of what you need to accomplish am your take may be different than what you think you want now.

Carrying gear is a scaled effort with different levels or lines of gear from whats in your pockets to what’s in your car and everything in between.

A standard belt for fighting is:

3 mags (usually a combo of 1 pistol and 2 rifle or 2 pistol and 1 rifle mag), IFAK w/TQ, and a holster. Maybe add a dump pouch, multitool, snivel pouch, and/or fixed blade knife. 

It would be for training. Ultimately it would be the belt that goes in the "GO Bag." 

That fighting belt set up seems like a great solution. 

Gear should be distributed in a scalable manner. Basics are:

0 line - pockets - the absolute bare necessities
1st line - fighting belt - ability to carry basic fighting equipment
2nd line - plate carrier or chest rig - supplemental gear to continue the fight
3rd line - pack or bag - snivel gear and sustainment

For 1st line you want:

1.75” 2 part MOLLE belts (1.5” inner belt goes through your pant loops. Then the outer belt velcros to the inner belt) 

I like Lead Devil:
https://www.leaddevilusa.com/175-belts/tactician-belt-rb2ne-benfp-ljrch

and Blue Alpha:
https://www.bluealphabelts.com/product/molle-1-75-battle-belt/

You want very stiff belts. It distributes the weight of the gear better and is much more comfortable.

If you are adamant about wanting a flaccid belt GCode is the answer:
https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/contact-series-operators-belt-175/

I had the GCode. Went to the Lead Devil, which I really like, when I was tired of having sore hips. I would have stayed with LD but I won a gift certificate for the Blue Alpha at a Modern Samurai Project class. They are basically identical.

As for kit on the belt, I like ESSTAC for my ammo pouches (pistol and rifle), Tactical Tailor Fight Light for dumper and multitool pouches, Coyote STOMP for blow out kit, and Safariland for the holster (ALS on low ride with leg strap - not a thigh holster).

• Like 1

Nice, these are pricey. This will be a build as I go purchase. I was looking at blue alpha so I'm glad that was suggested. 

Safariland will also probably be the holster I go with since I can't seem to find another holster for my vp9 with a surefire 300 on it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

stupid question....what is "snivel gear?

Basically the antidote to anything that you would grouse about while away from your vehicle. Not mission critical stuff, but comfort items.

26 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Non mission critical gear.  Socks, cookies, a wubby.

Yup.

I would keep some lickies and chewies (gummie bears and Werthers), hand warmers, flavor drink powder and a 1/2L water bag (platypus), dry socks and gloves, Tylenol and Tums, bandaids and tape, toque and insulated face cover, ground pad/tarp, chapstick, bug spray, paperback book, sunscreen, etc….

It all went into colored stuffsacks (one for food/water, one for warmth, one for boo-boos, etc…) and the stuffsacks went into the backpack. I could grab what I wanted by grabbing the colored sack. 

11 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Non mission critical gear.  Socks, cookies, a wubby.

thanks.

i've got a 2-part belt like he mentioned. i've got my safaralandmounted on a lowrise beltloop, and hsgi tacos...3 pistol 3 rifle. i don't have any sort of first aid on the belt right now....just fighting gear.

i've got an older setup that's just an uncle mikes belt. it's stiff, but uses retaining loops to hold it to my pants belt. same thing though. hsgi pistol tacos, and 3 no-name rifle mags. that one's got a small flashlight loop(fits a streamlight stinger) too.  i dunno how/why i forgot a tq. will be adding that somewhere. i never bothered with a dump pouch....

Some people love dumpers, some hate them.

I keep them on all my belts. They are great  for admin stuff when on the range  - bottle of water, marker, extra mag or 2, stapler or can of spray adhesive, etc…

Operationally, I leave it rolled up and stowed. If I need it for evidence/SSE I’ll open it then.

I also keep a set of pouches that I can add to my regular pants belt (Ares Aegis belt) in a hurry to mimic a minimalist ad-hoc fighting setup using my CCW holster.

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

You want very stiff belts. It distributes the weight of the gear better and is much more confortable.

THIS right here 100% - I've had some belts that are nicely padded but can't take the weight of pouches with mags and they flop all over and are completely useless.

You might want to take a a look at military web gear, LBE.  Plenty of that out there.  I can only comment on US stuff. Suspenders, ammo pouches, first aid kits, holsters, canteens, and even a butt pack for non-mission essential items.  Old school but I've walked thousands of miles with it.

Durability?  Wore the same set for a year in Vietnam.  Left it for someone else to use.  You could most likely leave it to your grandchildren.

• Like 1