1LtCAP

THE SHADOW

I discovered to Jean Shepard on my crystal radio (yes really) in the '50s on WOR. He was only on after midnite and I blame him for making me a night owl to this day. (and for falling asleep in class more then once) Loved his stories.

17 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

I discovered to Jean Shepard on my crystal radio (yes really) in the '50s on WOR. He was only on after midnite and I blame him for making me a night owl to this day. (and for falling asleep in class more then once) Loved his stories.

Jean Shepard was the master of a lost art.  He was a storyteller.

By the 70s I used to listen to him in the evening. 8pm IIRC.  I'd force my date to ride around in my Austin Healey between 8 to 9 to listen to Shep.

On another note, when my daughter was in grammar school I helped her I helped her build a crystal radio for a science project. I even made her wind her own coil.  She was surprised it worked!

Did you ever build a razor blade radio?

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

Jean Shepard was the master of a lost art.  He was a storyteller.

By the 70s I used to listen to him in the evening. 8pm IIRC.  I'd force my date to ride around in my Austin Healey between 8 to 9 to listen to Shep.

On another note, when my daughter was in grammar school I helped her I helped her build a crystal radio for a science project. I even made her wind her own coil.  She was surprised it worked!

Did you ever build a razor blade radio?

Heard of them but never built one. Who thinks this stuff up???

4 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

I meant who would think " lets wind some wire around this and attach this n that will cause that and we can listen to music in this fox hole" The human mind truly is amazing.  

Someone who learned, understood, and could apply all that theory they knew.

Certainly not me.