45Doll

Feral Pigs Inbound En Masse From Canada!

1 minute ago, gfl216 said:

Wow, this train really went off the tracks. started with pigs in Canada, morphed into helicopters, submarines, missing airliners and now I guess.....trains too.

Keep up, man! It’s a fast moving forum! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I’m sure it’s all over the South China Sea, and the Indian Ocean. 

or a successful hijacking. wasn't that the one that they didn't find ANY debris at all? seems like a virtual impossibility for an aircraft to go down, even in an ocean, and zero debris......

13 hours ago, gfl216 said:

Wow, this train really went off the tracks. started with pigs in Canada, morphed into helicopters, submarines, missing airliners and now I guess.....trains too.

By this evening we'll be inside Al Capone's vaults, where we'll find some fossilized feral pigs.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I suggest we change directions on how to best bbq the Canadian feral pigs…

Low and slow, in a BBQ pit of suitable size, or a dedicated hog cooker.

Mason-Dixon BBQ, who runs the most excellent boot camp classes (I wrote up my brisket boot camp experience in the NJ BBQ thread) also does an overnight whole hog bootcamp.   I'm very tempted to sign up, even though the odds of me ever cooking a whole hog are pretty slim.  It still sounds like a lot of fun.

https://mdbbqservices.com/bootcamps/

1 minute ago, 10X said:

Low and slow, in a BBQ pit of suitable size, or a dedicated hog cooker.

Mason-Dixon BBQ, who runs the most excellent boot camp classes (I wrote up my brisket boot camp experience in the NJ BBQ thread) also does an overnight whole hog bootcamp.   I'm very tempted to sign up, even though the odds of me ever cooking a whole hog are pretty slim.  It still sounds like a lot of fun.

https://mdbbqservices.com/bootcamps/

Hickory, post oak, or mesquite? 

You want a whole hog? Come on down and shoot one yourself, dress it, and smoke it. 

I have plenty on the ranch. 

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Hickory, post oak, or mesquite? 

You want a whole hog? Come on down and shoot one yourself, dress it, and smoke it. 

I have plenty on the ranch. 

Sounds like the makings of a NJ Gun Forums Road Trip!

I've no experience with post oak, but the masters of Texas brisket swear by it.   Hickory sounds good.  Maybe a little mesquite thrown in.  That's potent smoke, it's a wonderful flavor in small doses, but all mesquite can be overpowering.

I like a mix of post oak and mesquite, a rough ratio of about 70% post oak and 30% mesquite for an all around smoke. 
I like a hint of mesquite, but like you, I find it overpowering if it’s the sole source of smoke. 

I have plenty of mesquite trees, like the hogs, come take all you want, don’t bring ‘em back. 

B23D58F8-5E19-4A07-B8C6-203FBCF85734.jpeg

24 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

was it worth the time? i saw it listed, but scrolled past it.....

I was interesting to hear all of the conflicting info and facts that simply don't add up.  Gives you a real sense of how much we're being lied to.  One of the investigative reporters is a total liberal tool - tries to tie everything back to "the russians!"

18 hours ago, gfl216 said:

Yes, it did wander a little... but left to their own devices, they got it back on-track... and quite magnificently I might add. After all, this thread, identifying a problem in need of fixing, was opened Sunday night. Less than 48 hours later - there's "A Grand Plan" in the works - involving weaponry, a cross-country roadtrip, and a BBQ (with the smoking wood already cut and stacked). Sometimes I find it hard to criticize the process when the results are so very good! ;)

In fact, the only surprise is that the thread hasn't yet morphed into which beverages to consume during the BBQ... but I'm confident that will happen any minute now... obviously, this team is rising to all the logistical challenges presented. These poor bastard feral pigs don't stand a chance.

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

In fact, the only surprise is that the thread hasn't yet morphed into which beverages to consume during the BBQ... but I'm confident that will happen any minute now... obviously, this team is rising to all the logistical challenges presented. These poor bastard feral pigs don't stand a chance.

I rather like a nice, cold Yuengling or Shiner Bock out of a bottle with pork bbq…

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yes, it did wander a little... but left to their own devices, they got it back on-track... and quite magnificantly I might add. After all, this thread, identifying a problem in need of fixing, was opened Sunday night. Less than 48 hours later - there's "A Grand Plan" in the works - involving weaponry, a cross-country roadtrip, and a BBQ (with the smoking wood already cut and stacked). Sometimes I find it hard to criticize the process when the results are so very good! ;)

No reason to mention it as there is only one choice: Shiner Bock.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

No reason to mention it as there is only one choice: Shiner Bock.

If I admit I've never had this Shiner Bock you all speak of... will there be a collective gasp of horror quaking across the forums?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

If I admit I've never had this Shiner Bock you all speak of... will there be a collective gasp of horror quaking across the forums?

Oh???!!! I don’t think we export it to Yankees, but I’ll smuggle some up to you next time I come to NJ. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Oh???!!! I don’t think we export it to Yankees, but I’ll smuggle some up to you next time I come to NJ. 

You definitely do! When Lucas was little (he couldn’t read yet) we passed a Shiner Bock delivery truck making a stop at a local liquor store. He wanted to know what the truck with the TaunTaun on it had inside. I told him “probably a Skywalker” and he giggled like a madman.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

You definitely do! When Lucas was little (he couldn’t read yet) we passed a Shiner Bock delivery truck making a stop at a local liquor store. He wanted to know what the truck with the TaunTaun on it had inside. I told him “probably a Skywalker” and he giggled like a madman.

I did not know this. I never saw Shiner at my local liquor store when I lived there. All those years of missing out on the beer of the Gods.