If your somehow stopped by the police and your having a knife on you becomes an issue, can you say you identify as a Sikh ?  

Sikhs are required to have 5 articles of faith on them at all times, one of which is a Kirpan.  A Kirpan is described as a curved knife or sword.  Because it is a religious requirement the Kirpan can even be carried in government buildings, although I believe some paperwork is to be filled out first. 

A Kirpan is carried because a Shik has a responsibility to come to the aid of those in peril.  Which would mean it's intended use is as a weapon. 

Last summer my car broke down on I-295.  A trooper stopped to check on me.  I had already called a tow truck so after it was towed, the trooper gave me a ride to where my wife was.  Before getting in his vehicle, he asked if I have any weapons.  I gave him my Benchmade Bailout that I carry.  He didn't ask why I had it or say anything about it and he gave it right back when he dropped me off.   

• Like 2