45Doll

South Jersey - Check The Weather Radar NOW!

Had a tornado warning in Burlco.  Went from “hey, it’s getting dark” to “Oh shit…” in like ten minutes.   Had a 70-100lb “branch” land in the road in front of my house.   While trying to clear a little of it two cars barreled through it at 40.  Me thinks they may be hitting a mechanic tomorrow.  Plastic debris everywhere.  

went from light to "holy shit it's dark" in less than 10 minutes here. stayed warm. then the rain came. temp almost instantly dropped over 10 degrees. some moderately heavy rain, and some wind. nothing much else here in stratford area

We got next to nothing up in Sussex County. But we were just finishing dinner around 6:30 when my cell phone started beeping. I didn't look at it right away, but after about 10 minutes I took a peek. It was our daughter just north of Philadelphia in the downstairs bathroom with her cat sheltering in place because of a tornado warning. She said the wind sounded like a freight train. (Where have I heard that before!) It was pretty scary, but eventually everything was OK.

So after I got her texts I flipped on the Weather Channel, and then News 12 NJ and saw all hell was breaking loose along a line from central Jersey all the way down through Delaware. That's when I posted up this thread. Then I stayed with the guy on News 12 who followed the whole line as it moved across the state. We have a friend in Waretown, and I'll have to call her tomorrow to see how she fared. It looked like Stafford, Barnegat Light, and the north end of LBI were getting rolled over.

At the moment it seems we may hear about a couple tornadoes in NJ. But even without them the straight line winds were ripping up some significant stuff.

This morning the JCP&L outage map clearly shows the track of the worst winds just south of the 195 corridor. At 9:30 still 14,000 without power.

Strong thunderstorms, possible tornadoes blow across NJ (nj1015.com)

NWS crews assess storm damage in New Jersey for possible tornadoes (news12.com)

39 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Must be due to global climate warming/cooling 

On 4/3/2023 at 9:45 AM, CMJeepster said:

Links don't work.  Russians or Trump?

Neither. Man-made global climate warming change!

One of the tornados missed us by maybe 2 miles at most. As 1LtCap said, it went from black to oh crap in the blink of an eye. We had a ton of small hail but thankfully no real damage, except for the plastic gable vents, which now have some holes in them (and were replaced not that long ago. Grrrr...).

• Informative 1