Sabeast

Which S&W Revolver?

46 minutes ago, Sabeast said:

Looking To Buy A J Frame Revolver....442, 642, or M&P Bodyguard? Was Also Looking At The Kimber k6S......

442/642 are the same gun with a different finish. They would be my choice of the options listed.

I have a S&W model 38 that I absolutely love. The shrouded hammer is great - no snags but you can still shoot from Single Action.
PBOvu2E.jpg
uZTc8at.jpg

It was the BUG of the late, great Pat Rogers when he was NYPD - and I think it was worked over by Robar at some point. Shoots like a dream.

S&W is the right choice - you get great value for the money spent.

Another value option I would also look at is one of the Ruger LCRs in a service caliber. If you want something a little classier, find a used Ruger Speed 6.

I would not buy a Taurus. Although their new “Executive” line is getting good reviews.

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

442/642 are the same gun with a different finish. They would be my choice of the options listed.

I have a S&W model 38 that I absolutely love. The shrouded hammer is great - no snags but you can still shoot from Single Action.
PBOvu2E.jpg
uZTc8at.jpg

It was the BUG of the late, great Pat Rogers when he was NYPD - and I think it was worked over by Robar at some point. Shoots like a dream.

S&W is the right choice - you get great value for the money spent.

Another value option I would also look at is one of the Ruger LCRs in a service caliber. If you want something a little classier, find a used Ruger Speed 6.

I would not buy a Taurus. Although their new “Executive” line is getting good reviews.

Taurus ultralite is an awsome gun.

20160429_173700.jpg

At my shop, we sell Charter Arms in the $300 range, Taurus's (Tauri?) in the $400 range and the S&W 442/642 starting at $500. Colts and Kimbers are in the 800-1000 range.

I always recommend to my customers to save up for another week or so and go with the S&W.... if for no other reason than the superior customer service if the weapon ever needs to go back to the mothership.

Unfortunately, you just missed the $50 S&W rebate on J-frames.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dajonga said:

At my shop, we sell Charter Arms in the $300 range, Taurus's (Tauri?) in the $400 range and the S&W 442/642 starting at $500. Colts and Kimbers are in the 800-1000 range.

Can you give me a ballpark figure for what a new Ruger SP101 snubby is going for?

• Like 1