Grapeshot

OK, so Henry's got a wheelgun now

I personally wouldn't have any use for this other than as a display piece.  It comes with replaceable front sights which is nice but looks to have a horrible gutter rear sight that can't be changed so I don't see how this would be that fun to shoot.  I look at it as a collectable piece so not for me as I like to shoot what I got.  Perhaps at half the MSRP I'd be more interested but at the list price there are many other options I'd be looking at like S&W 686 or 66, Ruger GP100.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dajonga said:

Ooof...that MSRP is right in line with the established revolver makers.

I imagine like their rifles the street price will be lower. I like the way the birds head grip looks and will probably pick one up eventually.

I'm sure it'll shoot well, but I'm not really liking that design. For some reason that uncovered ejector rod and the notch in the barrel that they cut out to accommodate it just really bothers me as it looks like a future point of failure. I second the comment from earlier that it would be great if the cylinder was also cut to take 9mm in addition to the 357, it would complement that new Homesteader well. Definitely not liking that rear sight set up.

On 4/18/2023 at 8:03 PM, Lawnmower2021 said:

That's... interesting. They're really branching out.

Considering they also have a 9mm PCC, it would entice me more if it had a 9mm cylinder. Eg. https://ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkConvertible/models.html

I have a 2011 New Blackhawk 6.5" in.357. You don't happen to know if those 9mm cylinders are compatible with NBH of that vintage, do you? I think I saw that Ruger had come out with the convertible BH a few years ago, but I dismissed it at the time because I had no intention of ever owning a 9mm handgun :unsure: Then NJ carry happened, and my EDC is now a 9. I'm a big fan of versatility in my firearms, and the ability to shoot 9mm from at least one of my .357 pieces would be great. 

9 minutes ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

I have a 2011 New Blackhawk 6.5" in.357. You don't happen to know if those 9mm cylinders are compatible with NBH of that vintage, do you? I think I saw that Ruger had come out with the convertible BH a few years ago, but I dismissed it at the time because I had no intention of ever owning a 9mm handgun :unsure: Then NJ carry happened, and my EDC is now a 9. I'm a big fan of versatility in my firearms, and the ability to shoot 9mm from at least one of my .357 pieces would be great. 

I have no idea. I'd call Ruger, they might be able to help get a 9mm cylinder fitted and timed for you. If it's anything like their single six... Even going back to the sixties, single sixes could be fitted for 22LR/22mag as long as the cylinders are timed properly.

22 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

I have no idea. I'd call Ruger, they might be able to help get a 9mm cylinder fitted and timed for you. If it's anything like their single six... Even going back to the sixties, single sixes could be fitted for 22LR/22mag as long as the cylinders are timed properly.

I will do that. Thanks, both for reminding me that the potential to shoot 9 mm from my NBH exists, and the follow-up advice!