revenger

playing music on phone

I am in need of a "gadgeteer" who knows what device to buy where I can simply load my music CD's onto and play the bluetooth to my headset for mowing the lawn.  My new phone does not have a "music" app so I was hoping there is a standalone device to load and play music.

nothing complicated please.

Thanks 

I don’t know of anything recent that will burn CD’s to a device.  It used to be that you could burn them to your computer and then download them to devices.  I haven’t messed with that in a decade. 

Streaming wise I’ve used Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube music to stream to my phone.  They are all very easy to use once you have an account.  YouTube music was included in YouTube premium.  I think Amazon/Prime has a music service as well.  

If you want to keep it simple, just buy an MP3 player. If you have to go wireless, get one that's bluetooth enabled.  I like the Sandisk players, they are inexpensive and durable.   Load up your music to an SD card or on the device itself, and done.

1 hour ago, revenger said:

I am in need of a "gadgeteer" who knows what device to buy where I can simply load my music CD's onto and play the bluetooth to my headset for mowing the lawn.  My new phone does not have a "music" app so I was hoping there is a standalone device to load and play music.

nothing complicated please.

Thanks 

there's a few in the google app store. i tried samsungs, but although it's listed as bing compatible with my galazy s22, it doesn't work.

this one's been working for me so far......  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.music.player.simple

6 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

there's a few in the google app store. i tried samsungs, but although it's listed as bing compatible with my galazy s22, it doesn't work.

this one's been working for me so far......  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.music.player.simple

I just tried that one but my computer doesn't see the phone. 

2 hours ago, revenger said:

I just tried that one but my computer doesn't see the phone. 

most of the music i have on my phone is from thumb drives that i loaded to the computer, then from the computer to my phone. i've also got some music in mp4 format, but this music player won't play those. the phones built in video player does though.

what kind of phone do you use? the computer should see it once you plug in to a usb port......

The first question is what phone have you got? There might be an app. 

There are tons of digital audio players and you can even start getting into some nicer ones for mid $90 range. But most of them are not going to come with ripping software to rip your CDs. I personally like and paid for dbpoweramp to rip my collection. It's a bit of a pain in the ass for hidden tracks and othe3r weird stuff sometimes, but it can actually get to most of them. It costs $50. It also supports batch conversion, so I just ripped everything to FLAC once, and then transcode it to whatever format I want. 

On 4/23/2023 at 10:04 PM, 1LtCAP said:

i've also got some music in mp4 format, but this music player won't play those. the phones built in video player does though.

I believe that's because MP4 is primarily a video format.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP4_file_format

On 4/25/2023 at 3:25 PM, YankeeSC said:

I believe that's because MP4 is primarily a video format.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP4_file_format

it is. those that i have in mp4 were downloaded from utube using a free download extension for firefox. it won't do mp3 unless i pay. since mp4 still gives me my music, i just use that.

I had to download a music player that plays wma files (slightly different than "mp3" files) for my Samsung galaxy 20 from the google play store.  Most of my other phones before that automatcally had a mp3 player on it.  I think that's because the push these days is for streaming servces.

I rip cds onto a laptop using a cd/dvd drive (internal  or portable drive will work) and then i transfer the music files to phones.  I also have a 32gb mp3 player that is lighter and more portable that I run with.  I like to have the actual files  as i dont really use streaming services.

55 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

I had to download a music player that plays wma files (slightly different than "mp3" files) for my Samsung galaxy 20 from the google play store.  Most of my other phones before that automatcally had a mp3 player on it.  I think that's because the push these days is for streaming servces.

I rip cds onto a laptop using a cd/dvd drive (internal  or portable drive will work) and then i transfer the music files to phones.  I also have a 32gb mp3 player that is lighter and more portable that I run with.  I like to have the actual files  as i dont really use streaming services.

i think you're right regarding streaming. my s10 had a built in music player. my s22 doesn't.